April 2023 Challenge - Upward

Avpics

Thank you to those that voted for my downward image and to all who took part. The obvious follow-on to the downward subject of March would be to turn it on its head, and a word equally open to interpretation. 

Standard Ts & Cs: Three photos per entry and the photos must be on Alamy. Submissions close April 30th at 11.59pm. GMT.

Some ideas from my portfolio:

visitors-in-period-attire-looking-up-watching-the-flying-display-at-the-goodwood-revival-2012-male-in-uniform-and-females-in-vintage-dress-at-airshow-2G51D8H.jpg

raf-royal-air-force-airbus-a400m-transport-plane-flying-over-poultry-at-the-lord-mayors-show-parade-in-city-of-london-uk-space-for-copy-2A8J07Y.jpg

british-airways-airbus-a319-131-g-eupc-flying-over-the-london-2012-olympics-parade-in-the-mall-london-uk-with-thank-you-written-under-the-fuselage-W5RXTW.jpg

southend-university-hospital-southend-on-sea-essex-uk-1st-aug-2020-the-aircraft-restoration-company-based-at-duxford-airfield-in-cambridgeshire-have-painted-thank-u-nhs-on-the-underside-of-their-blue-second-world-war-spitfire-in-honour-of-the-work-during-the-covid-19-coronavirus-pandemic-by-the-national-health-service-today-the-spitfire-has-flown-from-duxford-over-the-hospital-at-southend-before-heading-for-hospitals-in-kent-some-health-care-staff-came-out-to-watch-a-number-of-staff-at-southend-have-been-lost-to-the-virus-ambulance-crews-photographing-and-videoing-with-phones-2C9MJE0.jpg

motorbike-rider-on-scramble-bike-jumping-high-in-blue-sky-motocross-is-a-form-of-motorcycle-racing-held-on-rough-off-road-circuits-dirt-bike-mx-W60EWG.jpg

pitts-special-aerobatic-plane-climbing-steeply-into-a-bright-blue-sky-pitts-s-2s-carrying-out-aerobatics-at-an-airshow-air-display-stunt-smoke-2FNDCXA.jpg

eiffel-tower-illuminated-at-night-from-below-paris-france-space-for-KY72YX.jpg

bmx-jump-the-goodwood-festival-of-speed-jumping-with-porsche-50-anniversary-DAKD83.jpg

Good luck.

• Love 1

Congrats on your win Avpics. I guess the next challenge will be 'sideways'? And why not.

W2TXG9.jpg

Kitesurfing in Polynesia

FXJG81.jpg

Walking up a sand dune

EDABB3.jpg

Purnululu, Western Australia

• Love 1

Well done Avpics.

Tree surgeon looking up.

tree-surgeon-working-up-a-tree-2E8XG0C.j

Looking up Fore Hill Ely Cambridgeshire.

fore-hill-ely-cambridgeshire-2019-WWM906

Looking up at Earl of Pembroke sailing ship moored at Cowes, Isle of Wight, Hampshire, England

earl-of-pembroke-sailing-ship-moored-at-

Allan

• Love 1

Tad tricky this one, but revealing a gap in my collection.

Looking up at an electricity pylon

looking-vertically-up-from-the-centre-of

Looking up  through bare trees in Gipton Woods, Leeds

looking-up-through-bare-tree-branches-in

Looking up at kites flying

a-selection-of-kites-seen-flying-at-the-

Edited by Bryan
  • Love 2

Things are looking up! Here are my three...

Red Cedar trees reaching for the light

Fisheye lens view of towering western red cedar trees Thuja plicata  in Pacific Spirit Regional Park, Vancouver, BC, Canada Stock Photo

Buildings in downtown Vancouver, Canada

Fairmont Hotel Vancouver and office towers on Georgia Street in downtown Vancouver, BC, Canada Stock Photo

Inuit Birdman sculptures, Montreal, Quebec

Wooden winged birdman sculptures or Tingmiluks by Canadian Inuit artist David Ruben Paulatuck in Les Cours Mont Royal fashion mall, Montreal, Quebec, Stock Photo
Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, Colin Woods said:

Looking up at the RBC building on Toronto

Looking up at 1 Queen Street in Toronto

the-renzo-piano-building-on-potsdamer-pl

The Renzo Piano building at Potsdamerplatz in Berlin

Last time I was there Potsdamer Platz looked like this...................

FX43KF.jpg

Edited by spacecadet

Mine.

2M7NMT9.jpg

Man up a ladder working on his second house in the north central mountains of Nicaragua. 

2K38DKP.jpg

Tropical land snail turning to go upward.

2HJA623.jpg

Building upward.  This project turned into a two store house for a married pair of doctors with two car.  The ground floor is their garage.   They have living quarters on the second floor and a glassed walled roof space for plants and drying clothes. 

• Like 1

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/E9ERR2/dome-of-the-masjid-putra-mosque-aka-the-pink-mosque-in-kuala-lumpur-E9ERR2.jpg

Interior of the Pink Mosque in Kuala Lumpur Putrajaya.

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/ACDPXW/radio-telescope-satellite-dishes-dish-of-astronomy-observatory-very-ACDPXW.jpg

Satellite dishes of the Very Large Array near Socorro NM.

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/CF9CJ2/sunlight-shining-through-the-branches-of-cherry-blossom-trees-in-full-CF9CJ2.jpg

Cherry blossom trees in full peak bloom overhead in DC.

wim
  • Love 2
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

Satellite dishes of the Very Large Array near Socorro NM.

The VLA is something I've long wanted to see and photograph, but I think there is very little chance of it happening now.