Images sold in January.

$$

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Book, print and/or e-book ;  Print run: up to 5,000 ;  Placement: Inside ;  Start: 25-January-2023 ; End: 25-January-2028 ;
   Additional Details: For Editorial use for books, print and/or e-book (excluding Advertising), any size, inside placement, 5,000 print run, worldwide, 5 years. UK.

Gründerzeit historicist villas, Roonstrasse, Brill, Wuppertal, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany

EMGKC7.jpg

Anyone else having trouble with drag-and-drop lately?

Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Steve Hyde said:

Reported today $$

a-dirty-white-van-with-clean-me-written-

This is when we need the 😄 back!

And thanks for the food photographer link and the info on paper for printing backdrops. I worked 3 days a week as a digital tech/photo assistant for a very talented food photographer when I first started out, and I always feel like my food images are lacking compared to hers which discourages me from trying, since I'm more of a natural light shooter with an affinity for landscape and travel. Still, in these cold winter months, I keep thinking it's time to get the lights set up so I can shoot food. The best spot is in a large room in my basement, but there's only one plug in that room and lots of stuff, which makes it tricky. My dining room has three big windows and is south-facing which should be ideal but not much room for big lights to fit and too gray in this soggy rain/snow/rain go-round we've been having for natural light most days. It looked like the snow was going to stick this morning. Hopped in the shower and it was raining by the time I got out. This gray truck reminds me of our winter weather of late. 

Edited by Marianne
  • Love 1

Manchester, UK. 26 November, 2022. Protesters rallied in St Peter's Square, central Manchester, England, United Kingdom, critical of the Iranian Government and angry about the death of Kurdish woman Mahsa Amini, aged 22. The protest had the theme of Woman, Life, Freedom. Mahsa Amini died after being arrested by religious morality police on 16 September, 2022, for not wearing the hijab in accordance with government rules. This led to protests across Iran. This protest says over 450 people have since been murdered by the regime. Credit: Terry Waller/Alamy Live News. $

2KMA536.jpg

• Like 1

chappaqua-new-york-usa-21st-march-2016-a

Saw this on msn.com back in December. Diaried it for 60 days and it showed up sooner. 

RF

6 MB
1768 x 1171 pixels
681KB compressed
Any placement: Inside or cover.

$$

Guess it's good all our snow turned to rain for the sake of traveling, but it sure would be nice to get some pretty snow to photograph. 

• Love 3
  • Like 2

2GKH4NM.jpg

$$

Usage: Editorial
Media: Newspaper - national
Print run: up to 750,000
Placement: Inside and online
Image Size: 1/4 page
Start: 31 December 2022
End: 01 January 2023
Any placement in paper and online. One use in a single editorial or advertorial article used within print and /or web versions, with re-use of the article in other titles or web versions within the same newspaper group. Digital use includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Two more for me.

China Hong restaurant frontage Wigford Way Lincoln city

china-hong-restaurant-frontage-wigford-w

Thai Marina Restaurant Wigford Way Lincoln

thai-marina-restaurant-wigford-way-linco

Both PU

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Love 1
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Anyone else having trouble with drag-and-drop lately?

Yes.  I have not been able to D&D on Alamy using Safari browser for a long time so moved to Firefox. (Here we go again)

For some time using Firefox I was able to D&D between two pages on screen. Alamy on FF browser.

Today I find I have to copy image url on one page then using "Insert image from URL"  bottom right on page to be opened on paste URL in line.

A bit of a faf.

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell

12 hours ago, StokeCreative said:

2GKH4NM.jpg

$$

Usage: Editorial
Media: Newspaper - national
Print run: up to 750,000
Placement: Inside and online
Image Size: 1/4 page
Start: 31 December 2022
End: 01 January 2023
Any placement in paper and online. One use in a single editorial or advertorial article used within print and /or web versions, with re-use of the article in other titles or web versions within the same newspaper group. Digital use includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article.

Nice one. I have a box of old tech ready for the recycling center but I keep holding on thinking I should photograph them. 

Edited by Marianne

8 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Yes.  I have not been able to D&D on Alamy using Safari browser for a long time so moved to Firefox. (Here we go again)

For some time using Firefox I was able to D&D between two pages on screen. Alamy on FF browser.

Today I find I have to copy image url on one page then using "Insert image from URL"  bottom right on page to be opened on paste URL in line.

A bit of a faf.

Allan

Yes, on a Mac wasn't able to d&d on any browser but Chrome and earlier this month ( or late December) that stopped working too. Now I have to go to the large photo. Drag the photo up to the browser bar to get the jpg URL and then use "insert image from URL." You are both not alone.

@Allan Bell I remember last year you were worried about hitting the 40% mark. So happy to see such s nice run of image licenses for you. I hope at least some are sufficiently high enough  to get you over the hump. With 16 sales since July 1, I'm still not there thanks to such low amounts. I never thought I'd have to worry about hitting the target. For me, prices really fell off a cliff after a very strong Jan-Mar 2022. I'm happy to see 4 sales so far this month, but only one was a decent price, so I'm still $29 shy.  I'm waiting on an infringement by a book publisher that's been around since the 1970's so hopefully that'll get me past the finish line. Hope you're already there.

EDIT: I must have added from June 1 instead of July 2022, I'm actually much shorter. $82 short. Really a sad state of affairs. A decent number of licenses for the size of my portfolio, but for such tiny amounts. One decent license will get me over the top and in 5 months it should be easy enough but with this many licenses I should already be there. 

Edited by Marianne
  • Thanks 1

After a slow holiday period, sales are starting to come in droves (sort of).

TsuuT'ina Annual Rodeo & Pow Wow 

Commercial electronic media, website app and social media

cowboy-on-horse-at-the-tsuu-tina-annual-rodeo-pow-wow-CTNMGF.jpg

• Love 1
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Marianne said:

Nice one. I have a box of old tech ready for the recycling center but I keep holding on thinking I should photograph them. 

I've only really had one session with a load of old products cos it's quite time consuming. I do have a loft/attic full of my old Macs (and iPhones) to shoot. I don't have room to keep the portable cube up all the time, so often just rely on natural light and a scoop of white card on the kitchen island. But then I'm incredibly lazy :)

Edited by StokeCreative
  • Like 1

On 25/01/2023 at 09:18, Steve Hyde said:

I print them on Epson Glossy A3+ paper with an Epson A3+ printer. The papers pretty robust and will take a bit of wiping when food etc gets dripped on to it. I've quite a few different textures now, mostly old garage doors and painted rustic walls etc. Having said that, more recently, I've just been using plain sheets of coloured paper and card as my backdrops. It seems to be a current trend over here. The link below is to a UK food photographer I follow on Instagram. He shoots for some of the UK Supermarket magazines. A lot of his shots, for the mags and baking books, are taken using brightly coloured card and plastic sheets.

Ellis Parrinder

a-home-baked-bundt-tin-cake-made-using-a

Steve, if we lived closer, I could take some of those baked goods off your hands.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, StokeCreative said:

I've only really had one session with a load of old products cos it's quite time consuming. I do have a loft/attic full of my old Macs (and iPhones) to shoot. I don't have room to keep the portable cube up all the time, so often just rely on natural light and a scoop of white card on the kitchen island. But then I'm incredibly lazy :)

Exactly my issue. No room to keep big lights and a backdrop up but I do have one of those little cubes somewhere. I should find it and get some pictures and clean out that junk drawer. A perfect winter activity. And it's easy enough to use and then take down. 

10 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Steve, if we lived closer, I could take some of those baked goods off your hands.

You would be more than welcome Ed. We usually divvy the cakes up between my mum and my mother in law, who both live local to us. If we ever come your way I’ll bring a cake, for you, with me.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Marianne said:

Exactly my issue. No room to keep big lights and a backdrop up but I do have one of those little cubes somewhere. I should find it and get some pictures and clean out that junk drawer. A perfect winter activity. And it's easy enough to use and then take down. 

My cube is bit big (a metre  or more) and annoyingly has to be completely disassembled hence it lives in its bag. If I have a concerted effort to do some more objects I might just might set it up again!