Images sold in January.

Mid $$. 7 out of 8 licences this month are forever.

Usage: Magazines and books, Zur Verwendung in einer einzelnen Zeitschrift / einem einzelnen Buch (print und/oder digital), Innenbereich, Auflage bis zu 2.500 Exemplaren, weltweit (ausgenommen Werbung).
Start: 19 January 2023
Duration: In perpetuity

piazza-del-popolo-ravenna-emilia-romagna-italy-at-sunset-TRWFKA.jpg

• Like 1

Cut-price PU, licence details in German, and, since drag-and-drop seems to have been disabled..............

Catholic church of St. Michael, neo-romanesque historicist architectural style by Eduard Endler, 1902-6, Brusseler Platz, Belgisches Viertel, Köln, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany

PTHTCN.jpg

Taken on our last trip in 2018.

It's been too long🙁

Edited by spacecadet
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Cut-price PU, licence details in German, and, since drag-and-drop seems to have been disabled..............

Catholic church of St. Michael, neo-romanesque historicist architectural style by Eduard Endler, 1902-6, Brusseler Platz, Belgisches Viertel, Köln, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany

PTHTCN.jpg

Taken on our last trip in 2018.

It's been too long🙁

Nice HDR photo. I had one sale this month but still can't get the URL thing to work The field justr goes red

34 minutes ago, dunstun365 said:

Nice HDR photo. I had one sale this month but still can't get the URL thing to work The field justr goes red

It's not HDR just a bit of work in LR..

You can drag and drop from the image's own sales page (the page you get when you search on the image reference from the Alamy homepage)- just drag it to the top of the browser, on top of the tab with the forum on it, then drop it into your reply box.

Or right-click on the image in your own "manage images", then copy image link and paste into your reply. That one's smaller.

Coloured cob, Appleby Horse Fair, June 2013. Appleby-in-Westmorland, Cumbria, England, United Kingdom, Europe. 

Coloured cob, Appleby Horse Fair, June 2013. Appleby-in-Westmorland, Cumbria, England, United Kingdom, Europe. Stock Photo

Usage: Website, Use in a single website, app, social media or blog (excludes advertising), worldwide.
Media: Website, app and social media
Image Size: Any size
Start: 20 January 2023
Duration: In perpetuity
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nick Hatton said:

I'm off, 1st sale of 2023 low $,  Hemingway's bar Pamplona Spain

view-inside-caf-irua-also-known-as-hemin

Good old trick. You moan and you get 😁

• Love 1

On 20/01/2023 at 19:50, Nick Hatton said:

I do wish I could join in this thread 😂

Me too! But you have a slight recovery! My dashboard has almost completely died now. My years of hard work have virtually disappeared now since May/June of last year. No sales for the past month, only 2 zooms, and apart from one day, views have never been as low. CTR disappearing too.

Will my whinge work? 

• Love 1

57 minutes ago, Broad Norfolk said:

Me too! But you have a slight recovery! My dashboard has almost completely died now. My years of hard work have virtually disappeared now since May/June of last year. No sales for the past month, only 2 zooms, and apart from one day, views have never been as low. CTR disappearing too.

Will my whinge work? 

I find that really alarming. So sorry. Is it because of a re-rank? Are your images just not showing up on early pages?

Paulette

• Like 1

$

Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: General business services
Image Size: Any size
Start: 01 December 2022
Duration: In perpetuity Spain,Editorial website

Arbol de la Sidra, sculpture in the form of a tree made of cider bottles, Casa Paquet, Gijon Asturias Spain

J9EJMD.jpg

7 hours ago, NYCat said:

I find that really alarming. So sorry. Is it because of a re-rank? Are your images just not showing up on early pages?

Paulette

Hi Paulette,

I've tried to make sense of all of this since something seemed to have changed in the way the search engine appeared to be operating from May/June last year. Nothing has been forthcoming from PA/Alamy so any thoughts or suspicions are only my assumptions which just does not help but perhaps that is what is intended!

In BHZ I have three pseudonyms and two are located on Page 1 and the pseudonym with most images is on Page 3 and previously had the most zooms, views, and sales. I do note that most views now are truncated at 100 which leads me to assume that many of my images are just not being seen. Another point in relation to this is that I have noted image search words from other Contributors are producing views and subsequent sales but the same search words/views are not producing results measures.

Whatever is happening nothing is likely to change because the library will still sell irrespective from which Contributors the images are sourced. This could also lead to a number of Contributors dropping to 20% commission later this year and with further manipulation will probably lead to increased Library profits. It's not rocket science!

I do also acknowledge that some contributors are doing quite reasonably in the current situation.

Anyway, thanks for your interest, Paulette. I'm moving in other directions now as it's not in my business interest to keep subsitizing the Library in view of current return rates. 

Sad times, but good luck with your work,

Jim. 

BTW I still intend to submit local images for stock when appropriate on a selective basis!

Edited by Broad Norfolk
Additional comment.

1 hour ago, Broad Norfolk said:

Hi Paulette,

I've tried to make sense of all of this since something seemed to have changed in the way the search engine appeared to be operating from May/June last year. Nothing has been forthcoming from PA/Alamy so any thoughts or suspicions are only my assumptions which just does not help but perhaps that is what is intended!

In BHZ I have three pseudonyms and two are located on Page 1 and the pseudonym with most images is on Page 3 and previously had the most zooms, views, and sales. I do note that most views now are truncated at 100 which leads me to assume that many of my images are just not being seen. Another point in relation to this is that I have noted image search words from other Contributors are producing views and subsequent sales but the same search words/views are not producing results measures.

Whatever is happening nothing is likely to change because the library will still sell irrespective from which Contributors the images are sourced. This could also lead to a number of Contributors dropping to 20% commission later this year and with further manipulation will probably lead to increased Library profits. It's not rocket science!

I do also acknowledge that some contributors are doing quite reasonably in the current situation.

Anyway, thanks for your interest, Paulette. I'm moving in other directions now as it's not in my business interest to keep substitizing the Library in view of current return rates. 

Jim. 

I'm still doing OK. Sales are similar to the past, but, of course, the net earnings are down. I'm not taking my wildlife trips anymore so anything new I add these days is unlikely to get the sales my polar bears get. I only have one pseudonym and it is on page 4 of BHZ if I only use BHZ in the supertag. If I use it in the caption I am on the first page. My images are frequently on the first page of searches and the polar bears and sea otters that sell well are always showing up early on. I think I have benefited over the years in not uploading a lot of similars. What is happening to you is awful and hard to explain, I think.

Paulette

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Broad Norfolk said:

Hi Paulette,

Anyway, thanks for your interest, Paulette. I'm moving in other directions now as it's not in my business interest to keep subsitizing the Library in view of current return rates. 

Jim. 

BTW I still intend to submit local images for stock when appropriate on a selective basis!

My views and consequently zooms and sales dropped through the floor a few months back.  The only time my images seem to get displayed these days is when the search term is really specific and hardly anyone else will have suitable images.  If I enter a more popular search term my images never get a look in.  I used to submit almost every week, but I like you, are now more selective and only submit once every few weeks.  Something changed last year that seemed to benefit some contributors, but had the opposite effect for many others, to the point where Alamy no longer seems worth the effort.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

On 21/01/2023 at 05:08, Marianne said:

old-wooden-planks-gritty-wood-texture-ba

Presentation. $$

No idea what I was thinking when I uploaded this (or even when or where I took it), but glad I did. 

It’s so useful looking through this thread. I’ve been using A3 printed images, like yours Marianne, as backdrops for some of my food photography, as per the image below. I never thought of uploading any of the actual backdrops but I might just do that now 🙂

a-portion-of-homemade-blackberry-and-app

• Like 1