November 2022 Challenge - Getting WARM.

Abiyoyo

This winter, in the North Hemisphere, we need to economize gas, electricity, to minimize the huge price increase, and to help Ukraine.

The topic will be related to get warm using quilts, fire, blankets, jackets, a hug etc...

woman-selling-patchwork-quilts-on-sale-i

people-drinking-the-traditional-glhwein-

terrace-with-blankets-of-the-cafe-bar-an

beach-party-around-a-fire-in-marconi-bea

I realise this challenge is mostly people-photography oriented but I would like to contribute with a macro photo instead.
Insects have to wait patiently in the morning to warm up sufficiently to be active.

small-skipper-thymelicus-sylvestris-cove

Edited by LarsMadsen
Typo
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, LarsMadsen said:

I realise this challenge is mostly people-photography oriented but I would like to contribute with a macro photography instead.
Insects have to wait patiently in the morning to warm up sufficiently to be active.

small-skipper-thymelicus-sylvestris-cove

Brilliant shot!

• Love 1

Oh, and now I am at it here's a landscape-like picture as well. A detail photo of the the melting of Schneeferner Glacier on Zugspitze, Germany's tallest mountain. According to the scientists the glacier will be completely gone by 2030 for the first time in at least 15,000 years (since the last Ice Age) due to global warming.

The planet is getting warm...

detail-of-the-melting-schneeferner-glaci

• Love 1

Nice challenge subject Jorge!  Here are my three.

1) Hands cupping a cappuccino 

mature-woman-in-cafe-holding-a-cup-of-co

2) Exchanging some warmth in Banff, Canada

canada-alberta-banff-banff-national-park

3) Warming up by a lodge fireplace in Alberta, Canada

canada-alberta-banff-banff-national-park

Edited by Michael Ventura
  • Love 1

At 13 degrees north, I'm barely in the Northern Hemisphere, but occasionally we're cold enough at a thousand meters that if I had central heating, I'd put it on.  I still have warm socks for those nights.

2JKEH18.jpg

And on the cooler days, people wear long sleeved flannel shirts:

2J00B34.jpg

And sometimes, when I was back in the US, just staying indoors and looking out was better than getting rigged up to wade out into almost a meter of fresh snow (storm in 2010 before I moved to Nicaragua).2HF3699.jpg

• Love 1

Going to need a bit of lateral thinking for this one !

1) Running to keep warm

herrington-country-park-sunderland-uk-23

2)  If all else fails wear a thing around your ears

woman-trying-on-headband-ear-warmer-tyne

3  A warming fire.

coal-fire-in-grate-DDWDKX.jpg

Edited by Bryan

Hmm! looked in my port and have not come up with anything suitable so will have to miss this one unless there is something suitable waiting in QC and it passes in time.

Allan

1 hour ago, John Mitchell said:

Cycling to get warm

cyclist-riding-along-the-arbutus-greenway-corridor-on-a-snowy-winter-day-vancouver-british-columbia-canada-2ANMFR4.jpg

Encouraging to see that the local authority clears the cycle paths in your neck of the woods John. I came off my bike on ice the winter before last, the road having been gritted, but the cycle path ignored.

Winter is usually the best time of year to be in North Florida, and we aren’t typically looking for ways to stay warm except for, possibly, a few unusual days.

February in Florida: Huge alligator soaking up the warmth of the sun.

large-alligator-sunning-behind-state-par

Manatees huddling together, seeking the warmth of spring fed waters during a hard January freeze.

crystal-river-florida-usa-5-january-2018

April in Italy: Young woman reading a novel and enjoying the warmth of the Tuscan sun.

young-american-woman-on-grass-with-head-

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bryan said:

Actually, that's mother nature's handiwork -- i.e. melting. Vancouver doesn't usually get much snow, and when we do, the city is awful at clearing streets. They don't even bother clearing sidewalks, side streets, and bike/walking paths. Shoveling to get warm might have been a better image selection, but I don't have any. ❄️

Difficult challenge, people orientated. I'll give it a go.

Warming up in hot bore baths at Charlotte Plains, Queensland, Australia

2F2YAHP.jpg

Warming up by a campfire on the beach

2A3RDXP.jpg

Warming up with a coffee in winter in Finland

A61XRG.jpg

In NYC's Chinatown, seniors warm to their table games regardless of the temperature. 

chinatown-new-york-senior-asian-chinese-

A hot chocolate would be nice but maybe not alfresco.

garden-furniture-in-the-snow-new-york-ci

For Beatles fans, it's cold and wet but the Fab 4 don't seem to mind.

two-young-tourists-wrapped-up-against-th

Edited by Ed Rooney

a-mother-and-daughter-cuddling-each-othe

Mother and daughter by the fire

a-young-woman-cuddling-a-wet-dog-on-a-be

We came across this dog shivering on a beach on the Gower Peninsula.My wife jumped on the opportunity to give it a squeeze and warm it up at the same time.

amiserable-woman-trying-to-hide-from-fre

On a whale watching trip on the St Lawrence. This girl started off the trip laughing and joking but she soon found out how cold it is on the St Lawrence - the wind and spray were freezing and she retreated into the windproof with just the topknot remaining. She was wearing a skimpy little top where everyone else had on their thick coats and she found out why. Skimpy tops sat at a table with a beer are fine. On a zodiac in the middle of the St Lawrence you leave your T-shirt at home and grab your fleece.

1. Museum display showing clothes worn by Antarctic explorer Captain Lawrence Oates to keep warm, sadly not very successfully.

museum-exhibit-in-the-oates-collection-u

2. Homemade draught excluder to keep warm at home. Licensed a few days ago for Personal Use - I'm expecting a refund!

fabric-draught-excluder-in-the-form-of-a

3. Helsinki market stall selling warm hats and scarves

open-air-market-stall-selling-warm-hats-