Really struggling in Febuary

Following my best year ever last year and a solid 18 sales in January I have yet to make a single sale this month. Views are ok, zooms are down CTR is dire.

Anyone else struggling or is it just my turn for a bad month. I am aware that sales can be quite volatile at times but nothing after 2 weeks is almost unknown for me

21 minutes ago, David eastley said:

Following my best year ever last year and a solid 18 sales in January I have yet to make a single sale this month. Views are ok, zooms are down CTR is dire.

Anyone else struggling or is it just my turn for a bad month. I am aware that sales can be quite volatile at times but nothing after 2 weeks is almost unknown for me

Zooms and CTR are well below normal (<.50) and sales a bit on the low side. Early days yet, don't want to be too pessimistic but ask me again in 10 days! ;-)

Mine would be dire except for a known printed article in October, using 4 images from a set. Just now reported 4 months later when I was about to send an email inquiring about.
That said, the prices were dismal at $13 each, my share $5 something. For a set that easily illustrates a haunting article, I would think they’d have brought a higher amount.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, David eastley said:

David,

Feb 2022 has been slow for me, only three licenses as of 15/02...

Not too concerned, the last six months have been very good and last

year was the most licenses in my ten years, but fees are lower than I

would like to see.

Chuck

Edited by Chuck Nacke
grammer

Strange the way these things go. In 2020 and 2021 I had shockingly bad starts to the year but this year is numerically my best ever start with 12 to date (5 Jan, 7 Feb).

I didn't get to 12 until July last year.

It is almost pushing me to start uploading again.

At least until the next $0.89 sale comes in!

• Love 1

I am struggling from lack of sales too. If this keeps up and I am demoted to 20% of income from my images I will have to remove my port from alamy as it will not be worth staying on.

Allan

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Doc said:

So far in February sales numbers are acceptable but prices are not

Kumar

I get the impression that Alamy is increasingly wooing editorial websites with bulk deals. This is good in a way because it seems that images that have been lying around gathering dust are being looked at and licensed. However, prices are really low, in the $ and low $ categories for the most part.

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Like 1

If live news licences remain at these tiny levels I can foresee some contributors maintaining their licence number of sales levels but by the end of the year falling under the $250 threshold. Dropping down to 20% its not even worth carrying on.  

• Like 2

On 15/02/2022 at 07:04, David eastley said:

My best year was in 2018. In spite of having 50% more images uploaded than I did then, my sales have dropped each year since. I've had 0 sales so far this year.

On 15/02/2022 at 16:43, Alexander Hog said:

I am one of those people starting out for over a year and a half of uploading off and on I agree with you it is going to be rough 

Forgive me for a suggestion - just glanced at the first two pages of our portfolio and don’t think there is a single person in any of them. Empty streets mostly. Photos with people are, I think, more likely to be used editorially. Mind you….I don’t need the competition….😏

On 15/02/2022 at 16:43, Alexander Hog said:

I am one of those people starting out for over a year and a half of uploading off and on I agree with you it is going to be rough 

Also check your spelling, you have 'centaury' on 2HM1CHT and 2HJ951C - should be 'centuary'.  Also on 2HJ951C you have 'Ninetieth' instead of 'Nineteenth'.

7 minutes ago, Alexander Hog said:

I have been shouted at in the past and some were deleted as they asked me to do......

One of the advantages of having a camera with duplicate SD cards.  It's happened to me a couple of times so I go through the motions of deleting but of course I've still got the images on the second card...😉

Edited by Vincent Lowe
Spelling
  • Like 1

I am having a decent month, if one considers the “new normal” and chooses selective amnesia of the prices of yesteryear.

My CTR is 81. Good.

Sales, so far 8 for $184, with only two of them decent prices of $$$ and mid $$. 4 others at a bit over low $$. Two $.

My zooms have well over doubled at 23. I assume they are back to normal now and Alamy has completed the work in that area.

Y’all hang in there.