1 hour ago, Alex Ramsay said:

And to make things a little more discouraging, just had a $91 sale from June refunded, then re-sold for $90, but this time with 60% commission deducted instead of the original 50% . . .

I would be kicking up a stink about that- seems like a breach of contract. Surely the original terms should apply to a refind.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex Ramsay said:

And to make things a little more discouraging, just had a $91 sale from June refunded, then re-sold for $90, but this time with 60% commission deducted instead of the original 50% . . .

Ask them to justify why the sales date was changed.  In other communication they have clearly stated that the day they are informed of the download is sales date for commission purpose,

10 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

I would be kicking up a stink about that- seems like a breach of contract. Surely the original terms should apply to a refind.

it's one of the big issue of the contract, which they never addressed, "Sale date" is not defined,  So Alamy takes positions to change the definition based on what serves their goal, this would actually be the 3rd different definition used in the last month. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Its been pretty slow for me this month as well, but what I have also been noticing under Alamy measures is that the views/zooms have dropped off dramatically these last 7-10 days....I normally have several hundred plus views per day, and it's now down to 2 digits suddenly, with a corresponding drop in zooms. Is this just down to a seasonal variation, or something else?

a second sale for month PU, another Affiliate sale, interesting i had never had one before, now twice is same month. 

One thing that baffles me, Affiliates commission is to recognise the effort of a third party, in selling Alamy's product, so why did Alamy have to DISCOUNT the Prices by 44% in first place? What did the Affiliate bring, if you need to do such a deep discount????

so in the end i get 14% from list price. 40% is bad enough, 34% is hard but if it was to reach hard to get clients ok, but this is really bad. 

Slow month here too. 

I suspect it's because of the school holidays in the UK. Maybe even staff shortages due to Covid. 

Hopefully,  things will pick up in September. 

Edited by Kat

The month is shaping up to be one of my better ones in number of sales, but not prices which are all PU but one. A few years ago, with fewer images, I would have had same sales or more, with much better prices. I’m not talking about my cut, but overall prices paid by clients.

Not much to get excited about these days.

• Love 1

Normally I'd have about 10-20 sales a month here.... this month 1 (one).

Bearing in mind that the normal monthly volume of sales here at Net $ represents about 1 days earnings at my main agency. This months sale is nearly worth 1 hours sales at my main agency 🤣

Edited by Duncan_Andison

A sale dropped in today for $ net which broke a 15 day gap since the last one. Still only 50% of sales of last August but a few days to go yet until the end of the month!

Jim 😏  

Edited by Broad Norfolk
Maths not good!

55 minutes ago, Duncan_Andison said:

Bearing in mind that the normal monthly volume of sales here at Net $ represents about 1 days earnings at my main agency. This months sale is nearly worth 1 hours sales at my main agency 🤣

Do you have the same images at your main agency and the same quantity. Just trying to get a feel for like for like.

Well, this is weird. I was thinking of starting a separate topic, but then I saw this one. I'm having a sales spike, volume wise. I had one last August as well. I don't know why this would be.

• Love 1

On 25/08/2021 at 15:08, Duncan_Andison said:

Hello Duncan.

Allan

• Like 1

Considering that I have a quite small Alamy portfolio July was my best month ever for sales.  August not so much but not yet over.  

Only one single digit $. sale - others $$. and $$$.

No explanation why the sudden pop.

• Like 1

On 25/08/2021 at 16:05, Sultanpepa said:

Do you have the same images at your main agency and the same quantity. Just trying to get a feel for like for like.

Mostly. It used to be exactly the same but I realised sometime ago that time spent here wasn't really profitable.

Does it bother me? Well, I'd prefer to see better sales here but, it doesn't worry me either as I don't find Alamy that important in my overall business model. They used to be good for better £ sales but they've now matched Micro value but without the volume. In fact, I routinely have sales of £40-£60 (net take) in places we can't mention. In Alamy money that's $140 plus. It's just sad to see a once great place reduced to this.

• Like 1

On 27/08/2021 at 15:38, Phil said:

Considering that I have a quite small Alamy portfolio July was my best month ever for sales.  August not so much but not yet over.  

Only one single digit $. sale - others $$. and $$$.

No explanation why the sudden pop.

While this has been a good volume month for me, I rather expect September to be abysmal. For no other reason that a good month raises hopes, only to be dashed, and that seems to be par for the course. Just like what happened to you.

20 hours ago, Duncan_Andison said:

Mostly. It used to be exactly the same but I realised sometime ago that time spent here wasn't really profitable.

Does it bother me? Well, I'd prefer to see better sales here but, it doesn't worry me either as I don't find Alamy that important in my overall business model. They used to be good for better £ sales but they've now matched Micro value but without the volume. In fact, I routinely have sales of £40-£60 (net take) in places we can't mention. In Alamy money that's $140 plus. It's just sad to see a once great place reduced to this.

Can you whisper those places to me, I won't tell anyone? 😁😉

• 2 weeks later...

Really poor few months here. What happened in June? Things fell off a cliff for me since then. 

I only have close to 2000 images (all wildlife) but was above average on sales normally. Last image sold at the end of May, and of the 3 last images sold, the highest was $8. So discouraging. 

I admit I've been low on enthusiasm to upload even before the contract change. Now, its rock bottom.

TobyH