A presentation:

nessa-the-nurse-and-fun-runners-at-2015-london-marathon-EN2AK4.jpg

A promising start to 2021 'hit the wall' in mid-April with sales reducing to a trickle of low value licences since. I'm hoping that the mass sales will return soon.

a view along sevenoaks high street  kent Stock Photo

sevenoaks   mid $$

Usage: Commercial electronic, Websites, apps, social media and blogs (excludes advertising). Worldwide for 5 years.
Media: Website, app and social media
Image Size: Any size
Start: 16 May 2021
End: 16 May 2026

Low $. and a distributor sale to boot. Hardly worth the bother. This is a very venomous Eastern Brown snake, which came to visit many years ago when we were eating lunch outside our caravan parked in a National Park. Luckily the camera was on the table, as there was no way I was moving from my chair to go get it. It slithered within a few inches of my bare feet as it went on it's way.

Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: General business services
Start: 01 April 2021
End: 01 April 2026
Serbia, Editorial website; Bulk discount, flat rate

eastern-brown-snake-pseudonaja-textilis-also-known-as-common-brown-C4X5YD.jpg

• Love 3

After a battering around the face with a wet fish it is some small consolation that Alamy have dropped in a few sales today!

Ok ish mid range $$

Last orders for the now-closed Soho dining landmark, the Gay Hussar restaurant on Greek Street, Soho, London, UK Stock Photo

Ok ish mid range $$ 

The now disused Terminal 1 building at Heathrow Airport, London, UK Stock Photo

Ok ish mid range $$ 

Catering Meats - the remnants of Smithfield Meat Market in Central London, UK Stock Photo

Ok ish mid range $$ 

Barnes Hospital, South Worple Way, East Sheen, London Borough of Richmond upon Thames, UK Stock Photo

Fingers crossed they may reconsider the $25k and the Platinum / Gold / Silver thing!

2 hours ago, Sally R said:

What a wonderful archival photo with your family history in it Michael. It's a great image. You must have inherited your grandfather's photography genes!

Thanks Sally.  Sadly I never really got to know my grandfather, maybe saw him two or three times when I was young.  My grandmother left him in Europe and brought the kids back to the U.S.   My mother did tell me how he did all his own darkroom work in a home bathroom at night.  I was happy to inherit this one photo album that documented their travels all across Europe in a 1922 Pierce Arrow.  An American newspaper ran a story, using his photos, about their travels in this car.  They ended up in Vence in southern France for 8 years so my mom and her two brothers became fluent in French.  So I guess maybe I did inherit the photo genes but I wish I also picked up French....my mother did try to teach us but us kids were too stubborn with English.

• Love 1

despite all the commission issues of the last few days if Alamy can keep selling at multiple $$$'s I will not be complaining. Well done Alamy

the maggie daley park chicago Illinois Stock Photo

Usage: Consumer goods
Media: Calendar
Print run: up to 10,000
Placement: Inside
Start: 01 January 2023
End: 01 January 2024

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

Low $$

Sculpture At Bathers Beach 2020 outdoor exhibition Shift by Steve Tepper sculptor artist Fremantle Western Australia. 

- Image ID: 2B19RBX

sculpture-at-bathers-beach-2020-outdoor-exhibition-shift-by-steve-tepper-sculptor-artist-fremantle-western-australia-2B19RBX.jpg

Lansoprazole gastro-resistant capsules. 30mg. 28 capsules. For oral use. Actavis.

lansoprazole-gastro-resistant-capsules-30mg-28-capsules-for-oral-use-D9JTD8.jpg

Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
Start: 19 May 2021
End: 19 May 2026

Here we go again. Waiting for the refund.

Low-ish $$s for this, the badge on the Mallard Class A4 Steam engine for its world speed record in 1938...  pleased to get it, but the sale somewhat diminished by a refund from February which leaves me owing Alamy $7, until something clears!

Usage: Editorial
Media: Self-published book
Print run: Up to 2,500
Placement: Inside
End: 19 May 2026

Badge commemorating the World Speed Record for steam traction, as achieved by the "Mallard" Class A4 steam locomotive in 1938.

Badge commemorating the World Speed Record for steam traction, as achieved by the "Mallard" Class A4 steam locomotive Stock Photo

• Love 2

Overhead view of new houses in Ardwick, Manchester, Greater Manchester, England, United Kingdom

Country: Worldwide Usage: Presentation or newsletters, Use in a presentation/talk (eg,Powerpoint and Keynote) or in a newsletter. Just into $$. Very welcome as I've not sold much lately. 

2F9A8E0.jpg

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Second Shutter sale on Alamy this year;  0.25 gross,  0.10 net

the-amador-causeway-road-panama-city-fam

Amador Causeway in Panama City (brings good memories though)

Usage: Editorial, Single use across website and/or digital publication such as E-book or PDF, any size, any placement, in perpetuity.
Media: Editorial website
52 MB
5349 x 3386 pixels
2 MB compressed
End: 19 February 2022

• Love 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, VbFolly said:

Chameleon catching prey, sold for mid $$ for a retail book in the UK. 3rd licence for this image.

panther-chameleon-furcifer-pardalis-a-colourful-reptile-from-madagascar-with-tongue-extended-catching-a-locust-PWC0D0.jpg

Great shot!