Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

 

That does sound a bit odd. However, they are two different types of uses. It sounds as if the buyer might have been honest.

Thanks, John!

We all need that kind of honest buyers... 🙂

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ognyan Yosifov said:

Thanks, John!

We all need that kind of honest buyers... 🙂

 

 

True. But I'd take any kind of buyer this month... 😕

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I got one too.  This was couple of years ago on snowshoe trip in Canadian Rockies, was coming back and sky did this

chinook-cloud-formations-over-canadian-r

 

I was in the middle of woods with nothing to shoot really except sky, but this image did quite well elsewhere & now Alamy sale too, although barely $$

 

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
29 MB
4104 x 2476 pixels
586KB compressed
Start: 10 May 2021
End: 10 May 2026

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

... and now second sale pops as I was making above post. Must be the same customer?  Anyways, this is Sunrise in Antigua, Guatemala with famous Santa Catalina arch

 

colonial-architecture-and-street-scene-d

 

I got up early and dashed from hotel to catch this street without people; it's human zoo most of the day.  Setup tripod but was probably 10 min late for optimal colors.  Still I consider this one of best images in my port.  Did prob.  20 shots, but this one is the best.  Agua volcano in background.   Mid $$

 

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Commercial electronic, Websites, apps, social media and blogs (excludes advertising). Worldwide for 5 years.
Media: Website, app and social media
54 MB
5472 x 3480 pixels
2 MB compressed
Image Size: Any size
Start: 10 May 2021
End: 10 May 2026

 

 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Mid/low$$

Country: Germany ;

Usage: Editorial ;  

Media: Book, print and/or e-book ;

 Print run: up to 5,000 ;  

Placement: Inside ;  

payerne-priory-cluniac-monastery-in-paye

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

A Sunday sale:  Presentation or newsletters, Use in a presentation/talk (eg,Powerpoint and Keynote) or in an editorial newsletter.

RXGKDE.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/05/2021 at 17:11, Angler said:

Picked up the camera today for the first time in over a year, so I'm back in the game 🙂

 

Oh, well welcome back! You'll soon get the hang of it again.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Abiyoyo said:

Mid/low$$

Country: Germany ;

Usage: Editorial ;  

Media: Book, print and/or e-book ;

 Print run: up to 5,000 ;  

Placement: Inside ;  

Same, but a distro %. Country: Germany ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Book, print and/or e-book ;  Print run: up to 5,000 ;  Placement: Inside ;  Start: 01-April-2021 ; End: 01-April-2026 ; Additional Details: Germany, Book, print and/or e-book

 

mock-up-of-an-early-fossil-dig-as-part-of-the-2015-goodwood-revival-F52EH6.jpg

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Avpics said:

Same, but a distro %. Country: Germany ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Book, print and/or e-book ; 

 

Mine is a distro as well

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Autumn Sky said:

... and now second sale pops as I was making above post. Must be the same customer?  Anyways, this is Sunrise in Antigua, Guatemala with famous Santa Catalina arch

 

colonial-architecture-and-street-scene-d

 

I got up early and dashed from hotel to catch this street without people; it's human zoo most of the day.  Setup tripod but was probably 10 min late for optimal colors.  Still I consider this one of best images in my port.  Did prob.  20 shots, but this one is the best.  Agua volcano in background.   Mid $$

 

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Commercial electronic, Websites, apps, social media and blogs (excludes advertising). Worldwide for 5 years.
Media: Website, app and social media
54 MB
5472 x 3480 pixels
2 MB compressed
Image Size: Any size
Start: 10 May 2021
End: 10 May 2026

 

 

Nice image of a great place!

 

Kumar

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Very surprised at how quickly this one has sold.  Uploaded Saturday, straight through QC (5* QC rank), on sale Sunday, sold today (Monday).  All for a reasonable mid $$ price.  It's definitely paid for the bulbs 😀

 

Dense racemes of peach flowers of the spring blooming hardy bulb hyacinth, Hyacinthus orientalis 'Gipsy Queen' Stock Photo

 

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Commercial electronic ;  Media: Website, app and social media ;  Start: 10-May-2021 ; End: 10-May-2026 ;
Additional Details: Websites, apps, social media and blogs (excludes advertising). Worldwide for 5 years.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

11 hours ago, Autumn Sky said:

... and now second sale pops as I was making above post. Must be the same customer?  Anyways, this is Sunrise in Antigua, Guatemala with famous Santa Catalina arch

 

colonial-architecture-and-street-scene-d

 

I got up early and dashed from hotel to catch this street without people; it's human zoo most of the day.  Setup tripod but was probably 10 min late for optimal colors.  Still I consider this one of best images in my port.  Did prob.  20 shots, but this one is the best.  Agua volcano in background.   Mid $$

 

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Commercial electronic, Websites, apps, social media and blogs (excludes advertising). Worldwide for 5 years.
Media: Website, app and social media
54 MB
5472 x 3480 pixels
2 MB compressed
Image Size: Any size
Start: 10 May 2021
End: 10 May 2026

 

 

 

Nice going. You're right, you have to rise with the birds to get that shot. Antigua was a lot less crowded when I first started visiting there in the 90's. Like a lot of beautiful places, Antigua became a victim of its own popularity. I'm hoping that after the pandemic, there will be something of a reset in the tourism world. Interesting to see that travel images are still on the radar, though. I have one image of the arch --shot in the opposite direction -- that has licensed several times.

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John Mitchell said:

 

 

 I'm hoping that after the pandemic, there will be something of a reset in the tourism world. Interesting to see that travel images are still on the radar, though.

There are tour operators offering packages even today if you are willing to dodge various restrictions both on entry and return. But its far less convenient and getting travel insurance is whole different story.  They are talking "Covid passports" for int'l travel.   Nothing is going to be the same anytime soon, maybe never.  Interesting side effect this pandemic brought is overcrowding of national/provincial parks, resulting in increased garbage and trashing of facilities.  Maybe you haven't heard, AB parks are now introducing "Kananaskis Conservation Fee" - 90/year  (25 more than single person National Park Pass!);   this is same as BC Parks would start charging you for going to Seymour, Golden Ears, etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Autumn Sky said:

There are tour operators offering packages even today if you are willing to dodge various restrictions both on entry and return. But its far less convenient and getting travel insurance is whole different story.  They are talking "Covid passports" for int'l travel.   Nothing is going to be the same anytime soon, maybe never.  Interesting side effect this pandemic brought is overcrowding of national/provincial parks, resulting in increased garbage and trashing of facilities.  Maybe you haven't heard, AB parks are now introducing "Kananaskis Conservation Fee" - 90/year  (25 more than single person National Park Pass!);   this is same as BC Parks would start charging you for going to Seymour, Golden Ears, etc.

 

Oh yes, I've heard about all that. Travel will probably never be the same again, not in my lifetime anyway.

 

I remain a big fan of solitude myself. 🌄

Link to post
Share on other sites

High $$ but a distributor sale. 11th licence of this image by Alamy.
Country: Japan
Usage: Editorial
Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Print run: up to 5,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 April 2021
End: 01 April 2026
Japan, Book, print and/or e-book

 

brown-sandfish-sea-cucumber-or-holothurian-bohadschia-vitiensis-extruding-E7M4XX.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I licensed my beloved home! OK, it's only a Culture Trip license.

 

2F2YAHR.jpg

  • Like 6
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Less than PU. $ :(

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: Travel & tourism
Image Size: Any size
Start: 11 May 2021
End: 11 May 2026
Editorial website and app multiple use, in perpetuity

 

signage-for-canters-fairfax-jewish-inspi

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sow & piglets sold to Japan for book use, decent three figure sale, just like the old days 🙂

 

piglets-suckling-on-a-sow-exeter-festival-of-south-west-food-drink-D7EEP1.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Angler said:

Sow & piglets sold to Japan for book use, decent three figure sale, just like the old days 🙂

 

piglets-suckling-on-a-sow-exeter-festival-of-south-west-food-drink-D7EEP1.jpg

 

You sure can take a seller, Jeff.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sold this month for a pittance but at least it might signify that things are improving and travel may return soon...

 

maldives-a-woman-snorkeling-in-the-indian-ocean-rasdhoo-atoll-the-KA9CF6.jpg

 

The Maldives.

 

Kumar

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Country: United Kingdom ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic ;  Print run: up to 500,000 ;  Placement: Inside ;  Start: 01-March-2021 ; End: 01-March-2026 ;
   Additional Details: Duration: 3 months. Any placement: Inside or cover.

Low $$

 

BAYM7F.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/2BF75PB/kennixton-farmhouse-st-fagans-national-museum-of-history-cardiff-wales-gb-uk-2BF75PB.jpg

 

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Editorial website ;  Industry Sector: Travel & tourism ;  Start: 11-May-2021 ; End: 11-May-2026 ;
   Additional Details: Editorial website and app multiple use, in perpetuity

 

Price? Slightly less than a pittance.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.