2 hours ago, Alamy said:

As some of you have already noticed, our technical team found the issue and it should now be quicker to load contributor related pages on our site. 

Have a nice weekend everyone!

Best,

Elisabeth 

You too, Elisabeth—stay safe.

Bravo, Alamy! Can you do anything about the faulty alarm system that keeps going off in my building? 

On 06/11/2020 at 08:37, meanderingemu said:

tries...  no new sale...  not working....😉

(speed was fine to tell me that however)

I agree.  Something is still broken.  No sales at all in November.  Can somebody please fix that too?😄

• Like 1

On 06/11/2020 at 11:19, Ed Rooney said:

You too, Elisabeth—stay safe.

Bravo, Alamy! Can you do anything about the faulty alarm system that keeps going off in my building? 

You know, if I’d had a fire in my building in the past, I’d be especially angry at false alarms. I doubt you’re one to panic, but still, the mind goes there, I’d think.

when the big tornado hit our town, killed people, took the roof off our house there was no alarm system. One was put in. For awhile, every time a big dark cloud loomed on the horizon, the town blew the tornado sirens and we all scrambled to our hides-holes like cockroaches when the lights come on. Believe me, I saw that first hand when renting a few apartments in south Texas back in the day. Moved three times after a few weeks because of it. A buggy part of the country. Cinderella used to just rent a mosquito down there.

A frightening experience can affect one for a long time. What’s worse is beginning to get complacent about false alarms considering one might be the real thing someday.

Edited by Betty LaRue

Betty, three false alarms on Friday and another one yesterday. I respond to each as if it were the real thing. I know the new management team is tying to get things together here. I don't want to overstate my reaction to all this stress; I will just say that I find it . . . most disconcerting. 

And now today, Sunday 8 November, three more false alarms in the past hour. 

🤪

Edited by Ed Rooney