1 hour ago, Alamy said:

Hi Everyone,

I'll pass this on to our IT team so they can look into the issue, thanks for flagging it.

All the best,

Elisabeth  

I've seen certain tabs on the Dashboard, once logged in, very slow to load.  First I thought it was my desktop then my connection.  Now it appears to be the dashboard page on Alamy.com?

No big deal, uploading has been consistent and that is what matters.

Chuck

5 hours ago, Stokie said:

Only just noticed this thread.

I started another thread saying how slow pages were loading. I had to reload some a couple of times.

I've got a good fibre internet connection so no problems with other sites.

John.

Same here, have fast broadband. Before a very slow sales report download I often notice the arrows in the calendar used to change the month are missing. If I click where they should be the month changes. I wonder if the forever growing volume of images is now putting a strain the library system and we see signs of it creaking. Hopefully IT work is going on in the background.

My Dashboard loads quickly enough but Sales History and Alamy Measures are very slow, sometimes to the point of Time Out report. My internet connection is pretty quick.  68 Mbps download/18 Mbps upload : just tested

Edited by Robert M Estall

The customer-facing part of the system looks fine - searches respond quickly and, though I've not tried it, presumably the sales process is OK too. The problem seems to be with the contributor-facing database, either slowness in the server itself or some kind of issue with the database. I'm not having problems with any other agency or website, so if there's a problem with the broadband connection, it must be with wherever the database is being hosted. This seems to have come on quite suddenly, so I don't think it is simply growth in the size of the data which is the problem as that would have produced a gradual deterioation in performance. Any database software engineers out there who might give greater insight?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Yes, navigating Alamy is slow these days, but what hasn't slowed down? Let's all stay cool.

Sorry to hear your news, Allan. 🥵

Thank you Edo.

I am locked out for 10 days from uploading more images. Much better than it used to be in the "good old days" though when Betty would bake a cake with a file inside to cut our way out.

Allan

I’m getting rather sick of it. It’s gone on way to long. Every so often it sticks until I get a Gateway page.  I’ve always thought I was patient, and I usually am, but my patience has worn very thin.

I’m hesitating to even upload.

Just polished off the last piece of nut cake. If I’d known, Allan, I most surely would have baked a file in and sent it on. And Mark is right, I did bake a lot of apple pies.

I gave coconut cream pie to my neighbors recently.

• Love 1

16 hours ago, Nigel Kirby said:

Account balance, Net revenue and sales history all very slow to open for a few weeks now.

Forum no problems opens straight away.

Ditto here. Download Sales report is excruciating. I'd like to fool myself  thinking it's struggling with the number of sales but.... sometimes I just give up.

I haven't been keeping track of which parts are slowest, but today some parts (such as Measures) seem a lot better. Some parts (especially account balances) are still very slow. I have the impression that the more a function touches my financial data, the slower it is.

Or maybe it's random.

Edited by Bill Kuta

On 04/11/2020 at 10:48, Doc said:

Agreed John, and have found it so for some time. Particularly loading up image sales data, the recent sales page  and measures data.

No particular problem with the forum

Kumar

Same for me too.

Anthony

22 hours ago, M.Chapman said:

I thought you liked Betty's cakes, or was it Apple Pie?

Mark

I liked anything that Betty cooked even without a file/rasp inside. We did have some good fun in the old clink which helped with keeping our sanity.

Allan

• Love 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Allan Bell said:

I liked anything that Betty cooked even without a file/rasp inside. We did have some good fun in the old clink which helped with keeping our sanity.

Allan

Yes we did. Everyone brought their specialties, or just an appetite.

I made a small upload yesterday evening, and they zipped through. Thank you, Alamy. Trying to see new sales is still working like a snail.

Edited by Betty LaRue

20 hours ago, geogphotos said:

Come on Alamy -- please get this sorted and communicate with us. It is SO frustrating.

Hi everyone,

This issue has been escalated as no technical errors were discovered by our IT team. Our application support team are now working on a solution to speed up this areas of the site. 

Thanks,

Elisabeth 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Paul Heinrich said:

Uploading of images has been impossible since yesterday evening. Tried again this morning via two different browsers and still not working.

Joining me in clink by default.🤨

Allan