Images sold in May 2020

2 hours ago, JaniMarkus Hasa said:

Royalty-free. Usage: Educational Website. Editorial digital use. One time use only. $ 17.95. Sadly enough that is the second highest sale of my Alamy career.

Warning poster about the dangers of cannabis in metro station in Hong Kong Stock Photo

Hong Kong, February 2019

Hi, cool picture. Although I'd argue alcohol is much worse! By the way, I thought I'd let you know, your image 2BM8CWT of the Shard is labelled as a '95-storey Shark' (which is a pretty big shark!)

Steve

2 hours ago, Steve F said:

Hi, cool picture. Although I'd argue alcohol is much worse! By the way, I thought I'd let you know, your image 2BM8CWT of the Shard is labelled as a '95-storey Shark' (which is a pretty big shark!)

Steve

Thanks. I'll correct that. Clearly a typo, but I also labelled several images of skylights as skylarks in the past. Somehow I believe Shark wasn't my last mistake.

4 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

My goodness, what a spectacular pic! 😲

Thank you. Illustrating what I'm missing the most at the moment, after family and friends (some of them, anyway 😏 )

• Love 2
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, JaniMarkus Hasa said:

Thanks. I'll correct that. Clearly a typo, but I also labelled several images of skylights as skylarks in the past. Somehow I believe Shark wasn't my last mistake.

If you have some kind of "spellcheck" it can be treacherous. It would very likely want to turn shard into shark.

Paulette

Edited by NYCat

Speaking of distribution, I have two today with bulk discounts for editorial websites in Estonia and Lithuania. Tiny, tiny money but after a fabulous day yesterday I am not going to complain. I don't think I've ever had 5 sales in a 2 day period before...  I don't usually get sales for my lions so I will put that one here. This was on a wonderful day when our guide Henry (very well-known and highly regarded guide in the Masai Mara) had noticed a lioness leaving when the pride was eating and he figured she had cubs somewhere. He was right and we had a fabulous morning...

CNM1XE.jpg

African Lioness with her three cubs in the Masai Mara, Kenya, East Africa

Paulette

Edited by NYCat
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, NYCat said:

If you have some kind of "spellcheck" it can be treacherous. It would very likely want to turn shard into shark.

Paulette

I don't. It was just my mind playing tricks on me. I can understand how I've used a bit more familiar word instead of the right one. That sort of thing happens easily when your using some other than your mother language. Once in Italy I ordered a bottle of Pirelli instead of Peroni, poor waitress, trying to be polite and hold her laugh...

This $$ sale completes a 5 day in a row run of sales, though I don’t seem to get much of it so I guess it must be distribution; for a French newspaper. Sunset over the Pacific on Easter Island.

dramatic-colourful-sunset-over-pacific-o

• Love 1

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/ED3M18/amsterdam-amstel-river-with-skinny-bridge-magere-brug-with-electric-ED3M18.jpg

Clearly an image from before Corona/Covid.

One of 7 today. Jay! Oops three of those are refunds/resales of yesterday's five. The rest will probably follow. All 3 distro to Germany btw but different usage. (Scratching head.)

Earlier on a re-fund for a $$ PU. Now a different PU for $. (More head scratching.)

So only one today, just minutes ago. Not this one, this is one of the three distro's all about Amsterdam. It's an electric boat with a girls wine party on the Amstel River with the Magere Brug /Skinny Bridge. From my own electric boat, an inflatable dinghy.  Mid $$ - direct mail and travel brochure.

Maybe the German distributor has some Corona discount going on. Or Alamy has some sort of Corona discount going on for German distributors. 😷

wim

4 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/ED3M18/amsterdam-amstel-river-with-skinny-bridge-magere-brug-with-electric-ED3M18.jpg

Clearly an image from before Corona/Covid.

One of 7 today. Jay! Oops three of those are refunds/resales of yesterday's five. The rest will probably follow. All 3 distro to Germany btw but different usage. (Scratching head.)

Earlier on a re-fund for a $$ PU. Now a different PU for $. (More head scratching.)

So only one today, just minutes ago. Not this one, this is one of the three distro's all about Amsterdam. It's an electric boat with a girls wine party on the Amstel River with the Magere Brug /Skinny Bridge. From my own electric boat, an inflatable dinghy.  Mid $$ - direct mail and travel brochure.

Maybe the German distributor has some Corona discount going on. Or Alamy has some sort of Corona discount going on for German distributors. 😷

wim

My Baltimore calendar use sold thru a German distributor, has been refunded and re-billed at nearly half the original sale price, today.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Michael Ventura said:

My Baltimore calendar use sold thru a German distributor, has been refunded and re-billed at nearly half the original sale price, today.

But that would have had Calendar as the usage. One of mine was Television.

Are we missing a huge crash of the Dollar or the Pound somewhere? 😂

wim

This just sold for $245. The most a RF image of mine has brought. Direct sale.

Banana pudding, made by layering vanilla pudding, sliced bananas and vanilla wafer cookies. Yum.

Thank you, Alamy.

banana-pudding-homemade-made-with-vanill

• Love 4
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Betty LaRue said:

This just sold for $245. The most a RF image of mine has brought. Direct sale.

Banana pudding, made by layering vanilla pudding, sliced bananas and vanilla wafer cookies. Yum.

Thank you, Alamy.

Well done. I'd call that a "tummy pack" rather than an "image pack" sale. 😊

2 hours ago, John Morrison said:

Who knows what pix will sell? This one was licensed today. Decent price too. I hope the 'neighbour issue' has been sorted out...

sign-on-window-of-wooden-chalet-warning-neighbour-not-to-look-into-KDPD4M.jpg

John, did you enter this in the May contest, signs? If not, you should. It’s that good. A winner to me.

• Like 1

Usage: Commercial electronic, Websites, apps, social media & blogs. 5 years Worldwide (excl. advertising)
Media: Website, app and social media

$$

KAP0K7.jpg

This image licensed yesterday for low $$, It was then refunded today and resold for even lower $$. 🙁

(German distributor, national newspaper)

Man checking out the news in Mexico City

man-looking-at-spanish-language-newspape

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 1

34 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

This image licensed yesterday for low $$, It was then refunded today and resold for even lower $$. 🙁

(German distributor, national newspaper)

Man checking out the news in Mexico City

man-looking-at-spanish-language-newspape

This happened to my sale too. It got refunded and resold for 40% less today. 😒