Images sold in May 2020

May kicked off with an unusual sale (mid $$). Don't think I've ever seen a usage like this one.

Usage: Commercial electronic
Media: Commercial presentation, single design
Industry sector: OTHER -
Management Consulting
Start: 04 May 2020
End: 04 May 2025
The images will be a part of an internal client facing Machine Learning model for demonstration purposes and will be loaded into the client database. The term of the license will be six months from when the program goes live, with US distribution rights only. Rights exclude third party sharing, website or printed material, published books and magazines. Start date of the license will be May 4, 2020.

wooden-utility-pole-with-wires-and-elect

• Love 3

7 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

May kicked off with an unusual sale (mid $$). Don't think I've ever seen a usage like this one.

Usage: Commercial electronic
Media: Commercial presentation, single design
Industry sector: OTHER -
Management Consulting
End: 04 May 2025
The images will be a part of an internal client facing Machine Learning model for demonstration purposes and will be loaded into the client database. The term of the license will be six months from when the program goes live, with US distribution rights only. Rights exclude third party sharing, website or printed material, published books and magazines. Start date of the license will be May 4, 2020.

Really unusual. Well done to hit the ground running though. Good luck to you and everyone for the month ahead 

6 minutes ago, losdemas said:

Really unusual. Well done to hit the ground running though. Good luck to you and everyone for the month ahead 

Thanks. Let's hope things start getting back to "normal" in May. 

The utility pole image obviously wasn't chosen for its aesthetic qualities, but I'm glad that someone found it useful. I guess the usage has something to do with AI. This could become a new market.

Edited by John Mitchell

Country: Worldwide  Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use Just into $$ gross. 

A high level view of Nick Everton House, Sanctuary Students Grafton Street accommodation, taken from the Ardwick district, Manchester, uk W5K1BB.jpg

Paris Charles de Gaulle airport, Terminal 2E, France. Terminal, designed by Paul Andreu, Stock Photo

Usage: NewspaperEditorial print and digital use. Any size.Any Placement.One time use only.
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 01 May 2020
End: 01 May 2021

Low $$

• Love 2

I think this is my fastest sale - taken 22 March, uploaded 22 April, sold 1 May.  Personal Use.

The Trafford Centre, Manchester.  It was the day the new Metrolink tram route, the Trafford Park Line. opened.  I went early in the morning - only two people on the tram to the Trafford Centre (which was deserted), then I walked back along the route to take photographs.  The lockdown was announced the following day.

Incidentally, by contrast, my last sale in April was one I took in 1999.

inside-the-trafford-centre-shopping-mall

• Love 2

5 hours ago, NYCat said:

My sweet cat Possum has been on TV....$$$...Earning his keep.

EH0X9H.jpg

Fat cat washing himself

Paulette

Congratulations. Possum could now be the best paid couch potato in town. 😸

It's interesting to see the different kinds of images that are licensing in these strange times.

• Love 2

16 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

It's interesting to see the different kinds of images that are licensing in these strange times.

Considering the global recession that awaits us all, we'll still need pictures of fat cats...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, John Morrison said:

Considering the global recession that awaits us all, we'll still need pictures of fat cats...

Very true. Despite it all, the fat cats will continue to get fatter, and the thin cats (like us) will get even thinner.

A rare non-PU weekend sale.

Country: Worldwide[US] ; Usage: Magazines and books ;  Start: 03-May-2020 ; End: 03-May-2025 ;Additional Details: Use in a magazine or book (print and/or digital), inside use, 2,500 circulation, worldwide for 5 years (excludes advertising).

royal-jordanian-boeing-787-dreamliner-jet-plane-coming-in-to-land-at-london-heathrow-airport-in-blue-sky-boeing-787-8-jy-bae-birds-flying-in-front-MN25W3.jpg

An image typical of my not-originally-taken-with-thoughts-to-selling past. If I took this now the birds would be in focus and the aircraft blurred, and probably wouldn't sell!

• Love 1

IQ sale, duration unlimited.

Since you asked 😏. It's a Haldane safety cage in a coal mine used to revive a canary by closing the door, opening the oxygen supply and then filling the cage with oxygen.

A sort of ventilator for birds in the 1920's. 

haldane-safety-cage-in-a-coal-mine-used-to-revive-a-canary-by-closing-GDCPNF.jpg

Edited by Rico
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, Rico said:

IQ sale, duration unlimited.

Since your asked 😏. It's a Haldane safety cage in a coal mine used to revive a canary by closing the door, opening the oxygen supply and then filling the cage with oxygen.

A sort of ventilator for birds in the 1920's. 

haldane-safety-cage-in-a-coal-mine-used-to-revive-a-canary-by-closing-GDCPNF.jpg

Diving helmet for squares. Man.

A happy scene from before the "new normal". I guess it could be someone thinking ahead or perhaps doing a "before and after" comparison.

(editorial website, mid-ish $$, direct, exclusive)

people-dining-on-outdoor-patio-of-the-ya

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 2

Almost mid $$, 4th licence of this image by Alamy. Direct and exclusive.
Usage: Single company - multiple use editorial only
Industry sector: Education
Duration: Unlimited

goodfellows-tree-kangaroo-dendrolagus-goodfellowi-A3A3HC.jpg

• Love 4