Images sold in May 2020

One of two sales to the same client that showed up today. Unusual in that they appear to be to the US, but through a distributor rather than direct. This one was zoomed this month.

bunches-of-colorful-cut-flowers-for-sale

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 1

Usage: Single company - multiple educational editorial use only
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 27 May 2020
Duration: Unlimited
mid-$$

The ferry Ernst Sturm crosses the Elbe River north of Hamburg, from Wischhafen to Glückstadt, carrying vehicles Stock Photo

Vancouver Canada.  Aerial view of the waters of English Bay and the West End neighbourhood of Vancouver, British Stock Photo

The West End of Vancouver looking over at English Bay.

One of two that showed up today, both were used in a Spanish People Magazine back in January.   Low $$ for each.

They license says US magazine, but it's a distributor.

Edited by MariaJ

43 minutes ago, MariaJ said:

Vancouver Canada.  Aerial view of the waters of English Bay and the West End neighbourhood of Vancouver, British Stock Photo

The West End of Vancouver looking over at English Bay.

One of two that showed up today, both were used in a Spanish People Magazine back in January.   Low $$ for each.

They license says US magazine, but it's a distributor.

Interesting perspective. My two Vancouver sales today (see one of them posted above) also say US magazine but were thru a distro. Same price range as well. Do these licensing terms look familiar?

Usage: Editorial
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Print run: up to 10,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 April 2020
End: 01 April 2025
USA, Magazine - print, digital and electronic

Edited by John Mitchell

Cranes at Buccleuch Dock. Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, England, United Kingdom, Europe.

cranes-at-buccleuch-dock-barrow-in-furness-cumbria-england-united-B9K7D4.jpg

Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
Start: 28 May 2020
End: 28 May 2025

A rare monochrome sale.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, John Mitchell said:

Interesting perspective. My two Vancouver sales today (see one of them posted above) also say US magazine but were thru a distro. Same price range as well. Do these licensing terms look familiar?

Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Print run: up to 10,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 April 2020
End: 01 April 2025
USA, Magazine - print, digital and electronic

Yes, exact same license.  I was waiting for these to show up in my sales as I had seen them in the Spanish version of People magazine (online) in January.

people-boarding-the-tender-boat-to-return-from-flatey-island-to-the-KD9JXA.jpg

Personal use so $ and with Alamy and Affiliate commissions.   Not seen Affiliate commission before so asking if anyone else has? 

Edited by digi2ap

A nice $$$ today.  End of the month week seems like the best time for sales to show up.  This was for a U.S. TV use.  The photo was taken at a popular pizzeria in Washington DC and was the subject of a political conspiracy theory and made national news when a man with a rifle shot inside the place...luckily no one was hurt and he was captured.  My guess is this was the reason for the use.

usa-washington-dc-comet-ping-pong-pizza-controversy-hillary-clinton-M2H3AD.jpg

8 hours ago, MariaJ said:

Yes, exact same license.  I was waiting for these to show up in my sales as I had seen them in the Spanish version of People magazine (online) in January.

Gracias, Maria. I guess that explains the license -- Spanish edition of a US owned magazine, but images licensed through a distributor in Spain or another European country. If it had been the US edition, I imagine that the sales would have been direct and the fees higher.

7 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Lightroom settings clarity, vibrance and saturation. It's part of my import default.

OK... This is when I have to admit that I still use Aperture on a Mac: now unsupported by Apple (but why???). I may have to learn Lightroom, but old dogs, new tricks...

couple-man-and-woman-look-at-an-atmosphe

Just sold for a single digit $ amount for the following licence. Much lower than editorial sales I have made in the past. If this is the future of editorial returns, it’s really not worth it. Any idea why this would be? Many thanks. 

Media: Newspaper - national
Print run: up to 2 million
Placement: Inside and online
Image Size: 1/4 page
Start: 07 April 2020
End: 08 April 2020
Any placement in paper and online. One use in a single editorial article used within the print and digital versions of a single publication. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article.

• Love 1

13 hours ago, gvallee said:

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Editorial website ;  Industry Sector: Travel & tourism ; $2.98...

MHNFB4.jpg

I have heard in the UK railway stations the announcer saying "The train standing on platform 3.......".  I now see what they mean.😀

Allan

• Love 2

5 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

I have heard in the UK railway stations the announcer saying "The train standing on platform 3.......".  I now see what they mean.😀

Allan

This one is a hotel.

Gen

25 minutes ago, gvallee said:

This one is a hotel.

Gen

Brilliant idea. I've seen railway cars turned into restaurants but never a hotel. Hopefully guests don't have to sleep sitting upright.

Thought I'd try one of these things out...

Wake Up GIF

14 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Brilliant idea. I've seen railway cars turned into restaurants but never a hotel. Hopefully guests don't have to sleep sitting upright.

There is a motel in Pennsylvania (USA) that is made up of old train cabooses. Almost stayed there once when the kids were little....now I can't remember why we didn't.

https://redcaboosemotel.com/motel-cabooses

• Love 1

11 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

They have very quaint sleeper cars as they used to be. Very well done and nostalgic of a bygone era.

• Love 1

8 hours ago, Richard Baker said:

Ad and design Commercial website. Any size. Any placement. Digital marketing communications only. Excludes advertising. Single design only.

as-the-coronovirus-pandemic-takes-hold-a

Goodness! Those newspaper stands still exist?!

Edited by losdemas