Post a good thing that happened in your life today

Betty LaRue

34 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

What do you mean 1960's menu?

I had that exact meal in 2019 in Bridlington by the sea.  Hmm! Well!  Maybe you have a point.

Still it was a nice meal.

Allan

And....that stainless steel tea set! Sheer nostalgia!😀

5 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

PP4NTG.jpg

Here's a generous portion in a place in Montreal city centre. Touristy but tasty.  

served on English written paper.  wonder what the language police would say if they saw it.  😉

disclaimer, i am for the preservation of the French language in North America, but it should be done organically, and choose you battles.  

5 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

PP4NTG.jpg

Here's a generous portion in a place in Montreal city centre. Touristy but tasty.  

EMF2MM.jpg

And this dish was at a non-Italian bistro on the corner of Mulberry and Grand, the heart of Little Italy. It lasted about a year. Basta. 

They forgot the tartar sauce for the fish. A must-have for me.

3 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

First time I ever heard of mushy peas. Rather grateful they weren’t served with my beloved fish & chips. I eat peas maybe 3 times a year and am very neutral to slightly “don’t care for” about them. I’ll buy them occasionally just for variety. If they go with anything…they go with meatloaf and mashed potatoes, which causes me to rather like them.

mushy peas wasn't has bad as i expected.  I like peas, but raw straight out of the shell. 

18 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

Here are some fish and chips I shot in Monterey, California, a bit different from the classic U.K. style.

USA California CA Monterey Cannery Row - The Fish Hopper Restaurant -fish and chips - Pacific cod Stock Photo

I stand to be corrected but that looks like what we call cod goujons in the UK. Maybe a little bigger than the norm.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

That sounds a better way to eat them, for sure.

Love raw peas too, I eat them fresh from the pod at the allotment, but for much of the year they are not available. That's when the tins of mushy peas come into their own, along with the compulsory vinegar. Strangely enough we hardly ever buy frozen peas, unlike frozen corn which is an important constituent of fish pie.

So this evening I cooked a vegetarian biryani, We had a small squash to use, onions and a courgette. I needed some more green stuff so picked some spinach leaves. Incredibly I then found a recipe for squash and spinach biryani. The recipe called for an exotic mixture of spices, but I settled for a tablespoon of garam masala, a teaspoon of ground ginger, and some chopped garlic. The finished dish was then topped with yoghurt. The result was Ok, more a work in progress than the finished product, but we both cleared our plates, so no disaster - which is just as well as I made enough for two meals.......

Beautiful warm day, so this evening I trimmed another of my Althea bushes, then began working on my huge burning bush. A great feeling of accomplishment to have it done, but I used hand nippers and now have a broken blister at the base of my thumb. It was nearly dark by the time I finished.

• Love 1

The other day I saw an offer from Adobe for new clients...40% off All Apps as a new customer.

So I went on the chat from the CC dashboard and managed to negotiate a 20% discount as a long standing client using the Photography Plan.

I pay annually in October so they will discount me the balance of what I've already paid for the year ahead and re-bill at the discounted rate from today.

They also said this would be my new subs going forward!

Happy days!!!😁

On another note just had 8 images from the same shoot reported as a sale, only upper mid $, so my total nett mid low $$; but nice to see a set like that sold.

I'll put them in the sold thread as I'd love to see where they were published.

Phil

• Like 1

Just ploughed through my back catalogue and found a decent number of pictures I took in Italy that I've never uploaded.

Going to go through all my RAW image folders and dare say I'll find a lot more useable images. Nice job for when the weather is not good.

16 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Here are some fish and chips I shot in Monterey, California, a bit different from the classic U.K. style.

USA California CA Monterey Cannery Row - The Fish Hopper Restaurant -fish and chips - Pacific cod Stock Photo

Children's meal by any chance? Completely contrary to my understanding on how big are the US adult meals.

4 hours ago, John Morrison said:

Good thing? Well, I’ve served my forum ban; I’ve been “trolling”, apparently. Nothing much to say… except “hi”…   😇

I guess the ban was about the size of the fish in the fish n chips.

It seems a very touchy subject in the UK nowadays.

Who stole my fish is the bestselling book title in current Christmas sales apparently.

This is an animated review.

After that I initially found some solace in the video that the Youtube algorithm chose for me as a follow up. But nor for long. And after this Youtube served me with Dunning Kruger. Obviously. Now I'm watching cat video's. Oops that's a spoiler.

wim

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mr Standfast said:

And....that stainless steel tea set! Sheer nostalgia!😀

We were given pot/crockery tea set and proper knives and forks. Not your tatty plastic or wooden ones.

Allan

• Love 1

• Alamy locked this topic