March 2018 Challenge: Without leaving the house (or garden).

wiskerke

On 3/6/2018 at 18:42, losdemas said:

Matt, sorry to you and all for posting this here, but since Alamy chose in their wisdom to remove the private communication channels within the forum, I figured that I might be able to get your attention by chasing up your most recent post.

You might want to adjust your image title here.  I think you may have forgotten to de-select the image while adjusting others? ;)

EDIT:  ...and while nosing around you port (couldn't help myself!) you might want to take a look at the (ironic) spelling error in your title here. :o:)

Are you by chance another resident of Reading? We seem to photograph similar (the same) subjects! There can't be too many Alamy photographers randomly passing through and taking photographs of the Maplin store on the Brunel Retail Park on Rose kiln Lane! :D

2 hours ago, Matt Ashmore said:

Are you by chance another resident of Reading? We seem to photograph similar (the same) subjects! There can't be too many Alamy photographers randomly passing through and taking photographs of the Maplin store on the Brunel Retail Park on Rose kiln Lane! :D

:D Guilty as charged!

On 3/8/2018 at 09:58, Bryan said:

During the recent snowstorms, and foolishly,  driven by boredom, I decided to paint a ceiling.  It was child's play compared to painting house walls. Opportunity missed however, as "aged man painting ceiling" is not in my Alamy collection :wacko:

It's difficult to take photos of yourself painting however. I guess you'd either need a willing volunteer to take the pictures on your behalf, use a timer or maybe an intervalometer. 

Personally, though, my biggest concern would be getting paint all over the camera!

2 silk scarves, pink and turquoise, blowing in the breeze against a summer blue sky Stock Photo

Pegged these scarves to the washing line, and my OH held them up in the breeze

Birthday cake candles aflame Stock Photo

Baked the cake, ate the cake, sold the photos. Is there any better combo?! Surely that's the very definition of 'having your cake and eating it'?! 

Our yard in autumn (my husband planted those Japanese Maples nearly 20 years ago):

colorful-gold-yellow-orange-and-red-japa

and in winter:

christmas-silver-heart-shaped-ornament-o

and in summer:

pile-of-books-best-sellers-by-stieg-lars

I must be a lazy photographer, I have a ton of images taken in my yard. 

Views from the back of my Cambridge back garden:

an-oil-seed-rape-field-on-the-outskirts-

Used to be University playing fields. Sadly after a couple decades of enjoying the views, it is now a building site for a new development. 

1 hour ago, andremichel said:

Views from the back of my Cambridge back garden:

Used to be University playing fields. Sadly after a couple decades of enjoying the views, it is now a building site for a new development. 

Build a chuffing great fence, if they don't. One that's really ugly on their side.

2 hours ago, Martin P Wilson said:

... with Leylandii on their side! Grows fast and tall, you might come under pressure to prune it though ;)

Check the direction of the sun before planting Leylandii it may put your property in the shade.

Allan

Here are two from me.

Middle granddaughter, broken foot in a cast, sitting on the floor next to an electrical outlet so she can charge her tablet while reading.

KWAYDP.jpg

Favorite dog, home from NYC at Christmas. The old girl is looking pretty gray, but still has a lot of spunk left in her.

KWAYDR.jpg

Here’s three from me...

I shot this originally for the back of a business card. The two Munkeh’s are sitting on our back fence...

two-toy-monkeys-one-larger-than-the-othe

One of our sons Ragdoll cats, who was having a sleepover...

a-blue-eyed-ragdoll-cat-sitting-calmly-o

Sunflowers on the kitchen table...

sunflowers-in-a-china-vase-on-a-rustic-k

Hello, three from me:

northern-lights-with-the-big-dipper-visi

Picture of the big dipper from may front yard (just above the spruce tree).

great-grey-owl-strix-nebulosa-sitting-in

Great grey owl in the neighbors tree (I took it from my side of the fence)

a-merlin-falco-columbarius-standing-on-a

A merlin in my front garden looking for the robin it killed (and dropped) the day before.

Thanks

Chris

10 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

What- you've got owls, hawks and aurora borealis? Why don't I live there?

maybe because it snowed again last night! :rolleyes:

Archived