What would you like to see in the new manage images / upload process?

Ok I'll suggest some more if I can push the technology boundaries this time

a) - software would suggest keywords, based on the first two or three that I input

B) - image is live on the site immediately after keywords etc are entered, even if one still has to update number of people etc

c)- clarify whether we should keyword phrases with " "

d)- automatically adds americanisms ie colour and color

If I have a variety of subjects in manage images I don't want to "select all" and drop them into batch for editing.  But I do want to

select all the ones which will require similar keywords.  So I don't want to have to select and drop them one by one into a group for

batch editing. I want to select the group and then drop it.  I don't think I can do this at present and it is frustrating when there are

a lot of images to shift.

Thank you,

Kathy deWitt

You can already do this - just hold Ctrl down whilst you select then drag the group down to the batch.

1) Ability to append/delete keyword(s) without affecting the others in the same field.

2) Loupe system in MI to see image better(Count people etc).

3)SEE 1)…. Ability to append /delete keywords without affecting others in same field

I see it does now, but maybe it hasn't always worked because I've tried it before and it didn't.  But thanks for pointing it out ! I should have checked again.

If I have a variety of subjects in manage images I don't want to "select all" and drop them into batch for editing.  But I do want to

select all the ones which will require similar keywords.  So I don't want to have to select and drop them one by one into a group for

batch editing. I want to select the group and then drop it.  I don't think I can do this at present and it is frustrating when there are

Thank you,

Kathy deWitt

1; Prefer larger thumbnails or, as AndyMelbourne suggested, a loupe to view images for no. of people etc.

The only way to be certain about number of people is to view at 100%. Are you suggesting that MI should provide that?

I always check mine at 100% during keywording etc. I've often found a head lurking at the back somewhere that would not have been visible at a smaller size.

Alan

I am not suggesting that images should not be viewed at 100% during editing. I am simply stating that if you keyword some images through manage images then it would be helpful to examine the image closely to help the keywording process at that point as it is not always possible to remember the exact details within the image at a later date.

Andy

I see it does now, but maybe it hasn't always worked because I've tried it before and it didn't.  But thanks for pointing it out ! I should have checked again.

Thank you,

Kathy deWitt

Always has done we're afraid! Glad you've got it working now :)

IPTC field support / mapping

I use Photomechanic for metadata input which takes care of almost everything else.

Strictly I have had my 2 pennorth but ...

What would be really good would be if PhotoMechanic could see and maintain the metadata on our uploaded images so those of us with it did not need to use Manage Images at all. I appreciate that changing the actiual image wouldn't be a good idea as it would allow the unscrupulous to bypass break the QC process.

Batch append keywords

Copying titles / keywords from one image to another

ability to delete from upload queue

You can do this at the moment. If you pause upload then an option comes up whereby you can select images to delete/remove from queue.

I'll add a second vote to your suggestion to copy titles from one image to another. Maybe if you type a letter all titles with that first letter show up to enable you to choose an existing heading.

John.

Hi Alamy, Thank you for asking!

1. Better ability to copy and paste keywords from one image to another, and ability to append one or more keywords to a batch without deleting/altering the existing keywords

2. as Andy Melbourne suggested, a loupe to view images for no. of people etc.

3. enable delete images after upload but before QC

Kumar 

1) Ability to append/delete keyword(s) without affecting the others in the same field.

2) Loupe system in MI to see image better(Count people etc).

3)SEE 1)…. Ability to append /delete keywords without affecting others in same field

sorry didnt see the bit about flash in first post so my first wish is as Phil

says

Able to amend batch keywords without deleting all the ones already present

1; Prefer larger thumbnails or, as AndyMelbourne suggested, a loupe to view images for no. of people etc.

The only way to be certain about number of people is to view at 100%. Are you suggesting that MI should provide that?

I always check mine at 100% during keywording etc. I've often found a head lurking at the back somewhere that would not have been visible at a smaller size.

Alan

I am not suggesting that images should not be viewed at 100% during editing. I am simply stating that if you keyword some images through manage images then it would be helpful to examine the image closely to help the keywording process at that point as it is not always possible to remember the exact details within the image at a later date.

Andy

Andy, exactly my thoughts too. I do check at 100% obviously, but that's at submission stage. By the time I get to keyword I won't be sure how many people are in the image. It might be obvious that there are people in the image but you need to zoom it to check the exact number.

John.

Thank you for asking our opinions.

1) Ability to drag keywords around

2) Ability to append or remove keywords when batch processing without affecting existing keywords.

3) Please please please - whatever changes you make do not make it necessary for us to redo our existing images as we had to previously. 

Pearl

Thank you for asking. I won't repeat other people but the quotation marks are working now in the way the phrases appear in the zoom but we still get inappropriate views when someone uses one of the words. Fixing that would be helpful.

Paulette

Hey, thank you Alamy for asking.  Really appreciate you seeking feedback for this :).  Pleased to see that you are sold on removing Flash at last.  My three are really just +1s to reinforce other suggestions already made:

• Larger size image when key wording (the loupe idea above is nice).
  • Batch append keywords in Manage Images - yes, yes, yes.
  • Either remove the three-tier keyword system completely (perhaps determining keyword relevance by order of keywords?) or develop a LR plugin to manage keywords for your unique system.  Plugins have to maintained of course, and become reliant on systems, software and organisations which become outdated, problematic or extinct (think Macromedia / Adobe Flash :(), so I guess the removal of the three-tier system and sticking with regular IPTC fields is the best option here.

And I have to agree with Pearl, viz:

Please please please - whatever changes you make do not make it necessary for us to redo our existing images

...which would be a nightmare!

Hi there,

Be great to include an entry for 'editorial use only' on images rather than applying all the restrictions and a Photoshop or Lightroom keywording plugin with Alamy fields would also be great.

And finally the ability to view images in a larger size when 'managing images' would be great too.

Many thanks,

Mehul

Yes, thanks, Alamy, for consulting with us. 

For me, the biggest productivity improvement would come from being able to use keyboard shortcuts that are common in just about every piece of software I use: ctrl-z for undo (most important!), ctrl-c for copy, ctrl-v for paste, ctrl-s for save, etc. I've lost count of the number of times I've accidentally deleted keywords and not been able to easily retrieve them. 

It would also speed things up to be able to double-click a keyword (or drag across a few key words) and then drag them from one field to another. 

...please import date from EXIF file instead of defaulting to today's date (minor, but it's a nuisance to change each one).

We already do this :)

For some reason, I've needed to correct dates on each image. However, I was mistaken. It is the upload date, not today's date that needs to be replaced. Probably it has something to do with my software/workflow as it doesn't appear to affect others.

1. Ability to save presets (e.g. geographical restrictions).

2. Ability to select minimum sale price.

3. Intelligent keywording add in (a side box that suggests additional keywords based on what's already been typed and what clients most often use). I know this one is really a "wish" item.

Archived