How was your August 2024?

I'm calling it, seeing as weekend sales seem to be like hen's teeth for me these days.

Was turning out to be an average month until I got a $150 direct sale through yesterday that made me feel good about things again 😛

I'm still quite not on par with number of licenses I had at this point last year, which is depressing seeing as I continue to regularly upload. Either I'm photographing the wrong stuff or Alamy is selling less, or the almighty algorithm has shifted...

Anyway, 19 for $352, CTR 0.52, 23 zooms. Tis the holiday season though which may explain things being quiet, so here's to a successful autumn for all!

Steve

p.s. or the market is just really really saturated! Or a combination of the above.

Edited by Steve F
  • Love 1
  • Like 2

Yes, probably no more sales.  The second half of the month picked up but still below my average.  Was helped by two $$$ sales.  14 sales for a gross of $551 and also received $24.76 for a ASCRL payment.

Had a late sale come before the clock ticked over to the new month!

So now 15 sales for $560

Edited by Michael Ventura
  • Love 1
  • Like 2

Assuming no more sales come in today, I had 39 for $570 gross/216 net.  Also had $15.46 ASCRL.

No $$$ fees again this month, and a very low average price. Had 4 licenses yesterday for slightly better fees, which helped save the month.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

23 sales for $302.97, plus two infringements totalling $176.28

I was getting a bit worried as up until the 29th my cleared balance was only $32 so I was heading for my first month without a payout since Sept 2015.  However, thanks to the infringements it suddenly shot up to $231.  Phew.

Incidentally, one of the infringement payments is the fifth for that particular image!

• Love 1
  • Like 3

The full-figured lady is still singing here, so August isn't officially over. However, it looks like 15 sales (average) for $756 gross (above average), including a healthy $190 TV use, which was reminiscent of the the good ol' days. ☺️

UPDATE: Spoke too soon. Another one just showed up, so it's now 16 for $778

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 1
  • Like 4

A good month for me.

12 sales for $252 gross $100 net, one of which was a retrospective licence for a unauthorised use which I reported to Alamy after Bryan reported the usage in the found images thread. THANKS Bryan!

In addition I also had a $154 net infringement payment for an infringement found by Alamy - THANKS Alamy!

So total for the month on Alamy $254 net

3,100 views, 19 zooms, CTR 0.61% with almost 6,200 images

Also passed $20,000 gross on Alamy since joining in 2010 🙂 

Mark 

Edited by M.Chapman
  • Love 2
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Yes, probably no more sales.  The second half of the month picked up but still below my average.  Was helped by two $$$ sales.  14 sales for a gross of $551 and also received $24.76 for a ASCRL payment.

You never know, I just had another last-minute one materialize out of thin air -- standard license low $$

54 for $1140 gross; 16,200 views, 117 zooms, CTR 0.72. Three $$$ sales, best $175 for television. No refunds this month. Also c. 200$ "other income"

Compared with August last year, views, zooms and sale numbers very similar, but income about 50% up due to poor values last year.

In distribution for USA, Japan, Aus, Canada and NZ only.

Kumar

• Love 1
  • Like 3