April Challenge - Sun and Shade

Hi everyone

Apologies to all for my absence from the forum. With all the excitement around the eclipse and other big events going on in my life, I had totally forgotten the challenge. Thanks to Paulette who emailed me today asking where I was. The total eclipse was absolutely magic, an event like no other. We are already considering being in Spain for the 2027 eclipse. Ad the beauty of the eclipse leads me to the subject for the April challenge Sun and Shade. As ever, here are a few examples to get the ball rolling. Three entries per person, the photos must be from your Alamy portfolio and the closing is at midnight my time (EST) on the 30th April. Lets see some goodies.

the-sun-setting-behind-a-tree-casting-lo

bales-of-hay-in-the-evening-light-on-a-f

autumn-leaves-in-a-wood-in-quebec-city-c

• Love 1

Nice to see you back on the forums.

Sun starburst through trees 

sun-starburst-through-trees-milton-park-

Wild rabbit in sun spotlight.

wild-rabbit-BY30TE.jpg

Low sun through trees, Bembridge Coast Isle of Wight

low-sun-through-trees-bembridge-coast-is

Allan

• Like 1

Cargo ship at sunset in the South China Sea

a-container-ship-leaving-hong-kong-in-th

Inside the Oculus of the World Trade Center Transportation Hub in NYC.

inside-the-oculus-of-the-world-trade-cen

Young couple sunbathing on the High Line in NYC.

young-couple-sunbathing-on-a-warm-day-on

two-brown-and-white-pinto-horses-in-a-small-grass-field-santander-cantabria-spain-early-morning-winter-sun-and-horses-shadow-on-a-wall-2EM4DNE.jpg

1. Two brown and white pinto horses in a small grass field with joined shadows on a wall Santander Cantabria Spain

foliage-covered-walkway-with-people-seen-from-behind-in-the-alhambra-gardens-on-a-hot-sunny-day-granada-andalusia-spain-2C01P23.jpg

2. Foliage covered walkway with people seen from behind in the Alhambra gardens on a hot sunny day Granada Andalusia Spain

colourful-october-dawn-sunrise-with-silhouetted-trees-and-a-view-across-the-bay-of-santander-cantabria-spain-2D74TR5.jpg

3. Colourful October dawn sunrise with silhouetted trees and a view across the bay of Santander Cantabria Spain 

On 13/04/2024 at 10:05, wiskerke said:

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/HPD7K6/protest-on-the-national-mall-in-washington-dc-immigrant-waving-flag-HPD7K6.jpg

National Mall, Washington DC

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/EFG03B/worm-fence-or-snake-fence-a-split-rail-fence-on-civil-war-battlefield-EFG03B.jpg

Oak Ridge, Gettysburg

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/EEH4GY/bixby-bridge-pacific-coast-highway-big-sur-california-bixby-creek-EEH4GY.jpg

Pacific Coast Highway Bixby Bridge, CA.

wim

wim, you really maximized your photo ops in the states. I think I’ve seen some great images you took here in past threads. Have you only been in the U.S. once?  You’ve photographed it better than I have. :D

8 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

wim, you really maximized your photo ops in the states. I think I’ve seen some great images you took here in past threads. Have you only been in the U.S. once?  You’ve photographed it better than I have. :D

Blush. Thank you! We're visiting quite often, roughly every 2 years usually end of summer from around Labor Day.

And we've lived in DC for 3.5 years ending in 2007. Just 2000ft or 3 blocks up the road from the Mall and 2700ft West from the rear entrance of the WH. Which would have been on our street and 4 or 5 blocks if they hadn't put in that garden and those two huge buildings on either side of the WH. Sounds posh, but it wasn't really - it's on the edge of GW University and many students were living in the building.

The protest image probably was 30 min. from our backdoor. On foot. Gettysburg is not far from DC and we went there a couple of times. But this one was on a visit when we were with friends who had friends over who wanted to see the Battle Fields. So I said I know a good one that's close and has lots to see for foreign visitors.

wim

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wiskerke said:

Blush. Thank you! We're visiting quite often, roughly every 2 years usually end of summer from around Labor Day.

And we've lived in DC for 3.5 years ending in 2007. Just 2000ft or 3 blocks up the road from the Mall and 2700ft West from the rear entrance of the WH. Which would have been on our street and 4 or 5 blocks if they hadn't put in that garden and those two huge buildings on either side of the WH. Sounds posh, but it wasn't really - it's on the edge of GW University and many students were living in the building.

The protest image probably was 30 min. from our backdoor. On foot. Gettysburg is not far from DC and we went there a couple of times. But this one was on a visit when we were with friends who had friends over who wanted to see the Battle Fields. So I said I know a good one that's close and has lots to see for foreign visitors.

wim

Wow. Now I understand.👍