Images licenced January 2024

4 hours ago, Phil Robinson said:

I hope you've added 'badly disguised', 'not fooling anyone' and 'wolf in sheep's clothing' as keywords.

Good ideas. Thanks. That one has always been my favorite because of that but the shot that has sold before shows off the dog better. There aren't many here on Alamy that show them at work. Wonderful dogs.

Paulette

Asian man adjusting room temperature on a home thermostat to reduce the set temperature

Editorial $$ higher than the number displayed. A topical photo for UK 🙂

asian-man-adjusting-room-temperature-on-

A stock photo of breadcrumbs on my chopping board. After Alamy's 60% I'm left with, you guessed it, breadcrumbs . ...

breadcrumbs-on-chopping-board-EFRG1Y.jpg

Edited by AlexH
typo
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, NYCat said:

Good ideas. Thanks. That one has always been my favorite because of that but the shot that has sold before shows off the dog better. There aren't many here on Alamy that show them at work. Wonderful dogs.

Paulette

Wikipedia says the maremma is a sheep guardian dog, not a herding dog (like a Border Collie) which tends to work the sheep by using stalking tactics.   Livestock guardian dogs tend to live with the flock and fight off predators (knew women in rural Virginia who had Anatolian shepherds as guardian dog that kept anything canine (coyotes, feral dogs, foxes) off the property.   There are a couple of white breeds of guardian dogs and the point is that the sheep may accept white dogs better than the tan ones.  I've seen herding dogs in action -- and they use modified stalking behavior and eye contact to move the sheep. 

Lots of these are white, apparently makes the sheep more comfortable and the dog less likely to be shot if shepherds have to shoot wolves.   What the women I knew had were Anatolian shepherds. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Livestock_guardian_dog

Herding dogs work directly for the shepherd and the butcher and shearers.  Guarding dogs, donkeys, and llamas work for the sheep or cattle.   Sheep find this to be a significant difference.

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/GW5GE2/edinburgh-royal-mile-edinburgh-high-street-with-fire-performer-and-GW5GE2.jpg

2x RX100 on a pole. Stitched. Edinburgh High Street. Searched & zoomed yesterday: royal mile tourists. May have been a different search, but it hasn't been zoomed for a while.

editorial use in publications printed by T*l P*s Group and published on associated social media channels print, digital and electronic - mid $.

wim

• Love 2

First Nations cowboy at the Water Valley Rodeo. Alberta Canada. Circa 1982 

Usage: Editorial ; Media: Television (editorial) ; Print run: Unlimited transmissions ; Placement: Use within body of show ; Start: 16-January-2024 ; Duration: In perpetuity”,104.90

first-nations-cowboy-at-the-water-valley

• Love 3

4 minutes ago, Rico said:

First Nations cowboy at the Water Valley Rodeo. Alberta Canada. Circa 1982 

Usage: Editorial ; Media: Television (editorial) ; Print run: Unlimited transmissions ; Placement: Use within body of show ; Start: 16-January-2024 ; Duration: In perpetuity”,104.90

first-nations-cowboy-at-the-water-valley

I just love your rodeo photos.

Paulette

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, NYCat said:

I just love your rodeo photos.

Paulette

Thanks, Paulette.

Rodeo was/is my lifetime project. Quite the spiritual journey.

33 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

So not your first rodeo! 😅

I grew up across the street from the Calgary Stampede in the 60s, so it's probably part of my DNA 🤠

• Love 2

7 minutes ago, Rico said:

I grew up across the street from the Calgary Stampede in the 60s, so it's probably part of my DNA 🤠

Have to admit that I'm not a rodeo fan, but some of your vintage First Nations rodeo pics are very moving. Were they shot with B&W film? I'm more into horse chestnuts... 🌰🐎

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Have to admit that I'm not a rodeo fan, but some of your vintage First Nations rodeo pics are very moving. Were they shot with B&W film? I'm more into horse chestnuts... 🌰🐎

Back in the 80s and 90s, I photographed in both B&W and colour. For the most part, I think that the monochrome ones turned out to be more poignant.

Thankyou for your comment.

1 hour ago, Rico said:

Back in the 80s and 90s, I photographed in both B&W and colour. For the most part, I think that the monochrome ones turned out to be more poignant.

Thankyou for your comment.

Yes, there's a lot to be said for monochrome. It really brings out the essence of things (and people of course). Colour completely changed photography FBFW.

brant-point-lighthouse-at-the-entrance-t

Consumer goods Low $$

It looks like it's a reversal of a license from November relicensed for slightly more so I actually netted only 93 cents, rather than $$, but at least it resold and for slightly more than it had in November. I'll never understand the billing system here but at least I netted something... What I like about this photograph is how the reflection of the lighthouse in the water seems to undulate in the waves. It's late afternoon on a November day pulling away from Nantucket harbor off Cape Cod, Massachusetts and the waves crisscross a bit probably due to the ferry's wake, it was 2010 so I'm guessing. Anyway, I just like the pattern. 

I sold a nice big print of a very different view of this lighthouse last week on FAA netting nice $$$. It's the shortest lighthouse in the US, so being 4'11", I can relate 😎 This and a fair number of other photos from this trip have been evergreen seller for me and everytime I look at the photos, they bring back fond memories. The single long afternoon I spent on Nantucket has been my most lucrative day taking photographs. Lots of keepers. And I was with two friends so photography wasn't even my main activity that day - maybe that's the key. Of course, photography is always a main activity even when it's not supposed to be.  

• Love 1

15 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Horse Chestnut tree blossoms (Editorial website, $)

horse-chestnut-aesculus-hippocastanum-ca

Gosh they have bloomed early this year or have I been hibernating and missed everything.

Allan

One of the two single low $ licenses today and both are distributor licences ...

Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: General business services
Image Size: Any size
Start: 01 December 2023
Duration: In perpetuity Czech Republic,Editorial website

man-pouring-a-pint-of-hobgoblin-ruby-beer-from-wychwood-brewery-england-G2XCNM.jpg

First this year🙁 $$

Usage: Single company - multiple educational editorial use only
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 18 January 2024
Duration: Unlimited

sandys-row-synagogue-built-in-1766-as-a-huguenot-french-protestant-FB0M4F.jpg