How is your August?

A poor month. Started off well with a good sale on the 1st, a fair sale on the 31st and low value sales in between. Zooms and views noticeably down. Only $42 for 7 sales. 

Edited by sb photos
  • Love 1

Best ever month for revenue after my last best ever in June, 19 for $506 gross 🎉 Thought it was going to be a slow month, but some sales in the last few days came in clutch. CTR lowish at 0.56, not sure how much of that was measures not working properly.

Edited by Steve F
  • Love 1
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, Steve F said:

Best ever month for revenue after my last best ever in June, 19 for $506 gross 🎉 Thought it was going to be a slow month, but some sales in the last few days came in clutch. CTR lowish at 0.56, not sure how much of that was measures not working properly.

Well done Steve! Better than me. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Steve F said:

Thanks Gen. But you're having more fun shooting beautiful subjects than me 😉

A lot of fun for sure. We just spent a week driving through the desert, you should see the dust in our motorhome tonight... It was such a remote area that I don't think there is much sales potential. 

Edited by gvallee
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

1 disty sale for $25.34 .. I don't sell a lot via disty and haven't kept up with the very low net for the photographer.

Sale 25.34

Disty commission $10.14

Alamy commission $9.12

Left for me $6.08 ... from a $25 sale ...

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, Sultanpepa said:

That's actually not that bad considering I had 19 sales for $199. Only 5 of the 19 were over $10

Thank you for trying to make me feel better. BUt August was the lowest for the last 12 months in term of $. Yeah, 5 out of my 11 are below $10.

Best month ever

$2 US

Beats all my worst months ever
$1 US

To be real one has to get real...

Now for some truth aka data points:
(monotone) I would like to take a moment to say I am not happy with August
(monotone) 105 items

(monotone) $3001.54 gross

(monotone) PAlamy continues to be my 2nd best agency but I would like it to be my top agency

Edited by Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

One for $75 - meanwhile over $150 owed me has been outstanding for months - my net balance (what Alamy owes me) is $165+ while  cleared balance is only $10. So frustrated. One fewer sale than all of last year, almost double the income, but I'm not seeing much of it as Alamy can't seem to collect from their clients - or, as last month, they had already collected $ owed after several months and then refunded it (despite it having cleared and been paid to me), leaving me with a negative balance, only to rebill it again for a higher amount but took away the partial payment leaving me with a negative balance. Other items cleared to put me in the black again but barely. Meanwhile I'm still awaiting payment for, e.g. a book published in June 2022. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

8 sales for $104 gross, $35 net.

If the infringement invoices clear my gross sales so far in 2023 are now above last year's total even though I haven't submitted that many new images.

So that's an encouraging sign, although I haven't checked the net revenue.

Mark

• Love 1

For me, another "disappointing" month. Although 50 sales,  for a total of $758 gross, $300 net, for the second month in a row, no $$$ sales; (best was $98).

Rescued to an extent by $150+ from Other payments which I presume must be infringements?

No refunds; only a couple of Distributor sales (in distribution now to US, Japan and have added back in Australia, Canada and NZ).

Zooms 129, CTR 0.76 but I don't think these are the complete story as measures was obviously not working properly for nearly a week towards the end of the month. Indeed one has to question whether measures ever works perfectly

Best wishes to all

Kumar

Edited by Doc
spelling
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gnans said:

In the IT world this would be classed as "Nice to have feature" and will be the at the bottom of the pile.

Except that CTR% is (we believe) an ingredient used to calculate a contributor's Alamy rank, which in turn influences where their images appear in search results, and hence influences how likely they are to get views and thereby sales. So, if that's true, it really shouldn't be "bottom of the pile"...

Mark

• Like 2