Images sold in August 2022

49 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

rare Sunday sale.  Heavily discounted Presentation usage in UK (wonder why Alamy is still able to get full price in US, but not UK), but at this point these look better than most news usage.

Low low $$

woman-dancing-in-flowing-traditional-out

Very nice shot. Oaxaca is such a colourful and lively place -- looks like a wedding.

You should have been paid full price for that one. 😟

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Very nice shot. Oaxaca is such a colourful and lively place -- looks like a wedding.

You should have been paid full price for that one. 😟

thanks.  I love Oaxaca, there was always something happening, hopefully next year.   yes wedding parade, which seemed to always have 2 or 3 every week-end.  

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

thanks.  I love Oaxaca, there was always something happening, hopefully next year.   yes wedding parade, which seemed to always have 2 or 3 every week-end.  

Great photo. It looks like an amazing place to visit.

There is a UK price list in pounds sterling. Personal use or presentation use is £9.99, which is currently 11-12 USD, so your sale is probably full price not discounted!

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, VbFolly said:

Great photo. It looks like an amazing place to visit.

There is a UK price list in pounds sterling. Personal use or presentation use is £9.99, which is currently 11-12 USD, so your sale is probably full price not discounted!

Thanks, yes Oaxaca definitely deserves a visit, if only because it is a bit less manicured then the usual spots people visit in Mexico. 

it's still a discount. 

reminds me of my uncle who is a painter, he would mark his work 500.  if it was sold in Canada is was C$500 , in France €500 , in the UK  £500.  Yes Alamy charges what they believe the Market can bare (15 cents in China 🙄), and they feel the UK needs to be discounted by 40% from what they can get in the US. This is not a reduction for a good client with multiple purchase commitment, this is what they Negotiate for anyone buying off the rack. 

Edited by meanderingemu

Sometimes it's surprising what can command $$ and what can't; these recent sales point to news value rather than any intrinsic appeal.

M78RX4.jpg

Australian traffic police at work.

$$ worldwide, Single company - multiple use editorial only - probably only of interest to Australian buyers

BK5GDY.jpg

Australian politics, ca. 2008

$$$ Worldwide  Educational book. Editorial print + digital use - probably only of interest to Australian buyers, and no longer newsworthy either.

EW4G8M.jpg

Schoolgirls in the US Pacific island territory of Guam

$$$ Worldwide Editorial   Media: Book, print and/or e-book

C72DET.jpg

Nan Madol, a mysterious 'lost city' on the Micronesian island of Pohnpei

Very low $.  Editorial website, in perpetuity. Czech Republic

P.S. "You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL. "   Can somebody please share the secret: Alamy has disabled all the usual right-click options for linking to an image, so how do others manage to obtain and insert  a decent-sized version of one's own images? 

Edited by Philip Game

It's a bit of a pain. For me using Chrome on Windows 10.

Find the image on the main Alamy site (not AIM)

Click 'Enlarge'

Create a new tab and go to your post you want to insert your pic into

Click 'Insert image from url'

Drag the enlarged picture onto that new dialog box.

6 hours ago, Philip Game said:

P.S. "You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL. "   Can somebody please share the secret: Alamy has disabled all the usual right-click options for linking to an image, so how do others manage to obtain and insert  a decent-sized version of one's own images? 

If your on a Mac, put your hair in a top knot, grow a beard, get a machiatto frappo whatevero coffee, point at your shiny screen when people walk past. Who cares if you can't post an image you've got a mac 😁

Edited by Martin L
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Philip Game said:

click on the thumbnail in the sales history 

on the image detail page, drag the image into the browser address bar.

copy and paste that url into the comment page here.

We like to keep speed limits fairly vague over here. Usual tiny $ net to me.😒

Usage: Editorial, For Editorial use on customers website, app and social media platforms (excludes Advertising)
Media: Website, app and social media
Start: 29 August 2022
Duration: Unlimited

different-speed-limit-signs-on-the-same-

• Love 1

7 hours ago, Philip Game said:

In FF you can drag-and-drop the enlarged image from the individual sales page.

If I may:

nan-madol-pohnpei-ponape-federated-states-of-micronesia-C72DET.jpg

3 hours ago, Martin L said:

It's a bit of a pain. For me using Chrome on Windows 10.

Find the image on the main Alamy site (not AIM)

Click 'Enlarge'

Create a new tab and go to your post you want to insert your pic into

Click 'Insert image from url'

Drag the enlarged picture onto that new dialog box.

If your on a Mac, put your hair in a top knot, grow a beard, get a machiatto frappo whatevero coffee, point at your shiny screen when people walk past. Who cares if you can't post an image you've got a mac 😁

MAC envy?

Edited by Dave Richards
added text

A policeman and policewoman (Bobbies) on the Beat in Trafalgar Square in central London, England, UK Stock Photo

Editorial, in perpetuity, very low $

Bust of William Shakespeare in Aldermanbury Garden, Love Lane, London, EC2, England, UK Stock Photo

Editorial, TV, in perpetuity, decent $$

Riverside pubs and restaurants on the River Thames at East Molesey near Hampton Court Palace in Surrey, UK Stock Photo

Editorial, duration unlimited, low $

Staff leaving PricewaterhouseCoopers offices on the Embankment, London, UK Stock Photo

Editorial, duration unlimited, low $

Entrance to Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton, London, England, UK Stock Photo

Editorial, in perpetuity, reasonable $$

The entrance to The Queen's Terminal, Terminal Two Building, Heathrow Airport, London, England, UK Stock Photo

Editorial, duration unlimited, very low $

Mounted police at Carnival in Notting Hill, London, England, U.K. Stock Photo

Editorial, duration unlimited, very low $

Nighttime fatigue shows on the face of a London taxi driver in the West End, London, England, UK Stock Photo

Multiple use editorial, decent $$

• Love 1

8 hours ago, Jansos said:

Editorial, in perpetuity, very low $

I'm guessing that's your end-of-month newspaper 'surge', for which I'm still waiting. It's odd how little regularity there is in the way the licences are reported.

• Love 1

Wasdale Head Inn. Wasdale, Lake District National Park, Cumbria, England, United Kingdom, Europe. 

Wasdale Head Inn. Wasdale, Lake District National Park, Cumbria, England, United Kingdom, Europe. Stock Photo

Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
Start: 29 August 2022
Duration: In perpetuity

• Love 3

6 hours ago, Action Photographer said:

It's terrible. I've not sold anything in August or July or the month before.  Somebody downloaded 5 images on a single day for 60 cents, yes US$0.60 only for 5 images. That's all I got this year. Last year around this time, I already made over $400. 

I don't understand it either. I love your images. Perhaps more attention to keywords? I only checked a little bit but you have cubs in the wonderful Brooks River shot with what look like two adult bears. It looks like you have put the same keywords in all the grizzly photos. Not a good idea. It will affect where your images come up in searches. Be sure to use supertags. That said, I've had few sales of brown bears. The wild polar bears are the ones that sell for climate change articles. Wildlife is not necessarily what people come to Alamy for I'm sorry to say.

Paulette

• Thanks 1