Images sold in August 2022

It’s been a funny old month on Alamy. This old ‘Free Assange’ editorial image went for just below mid $$ today.  I’ve had lots of low sales then a toy image sold for not far short of $$$, for use in a book. I sold another toy image, the same day, for $0.10 but that was refunded a few days later. 

protestors-demonstrate-in-piccadilly-cir

• Like 1

K7KB2MCountry: Worldwide
Usage: Editorial, Use in syndicated editorial news features, single context only. Novel Use.
Media: Newspaper - national
Print run: Unlimited
Insert: more than 25
Placement: National
Image Size: Any size
Start: 15 August 2022
Duration: Unlimited
Sold for $0.15 $0.06 to me 
A new low.

Reference the above, I was not sure how to get an image into the message, hence the small picture. I am pretty shocked that a picture used worldwide and in national newspapers is only worth $0.15. 

12 minutes ago, kelal said:

Reference the above, I was not sure how to get an image into the message, hence the small picture. I am pretty shocked that a picture used worldwide and in national newspapers is only worth $0.15. 

Thing is it is actually worth a lot more, but unfortunately the agencies have devalued stock photography to such a point that it is no longer viable.

Phil

• Love 1

$

Usage: Editorial, For editorial use on social media and digital platforms produced by Bauer Media Radio. Customer Marketing: - Internal publication services - “In house” produced marketing.
Media: Website, app and social media
Start: 16 August 2022
Duration: Unlimited

north-yorkshire-uk-12th-august-2022-empt

• Love 1

My month for Personal or Presentation Uses, 7 so far.

Presentation use for low $$.  Exterior of the HQ of the NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association) in Indianapolis, Indiana 

usa-indiana-indianapolis-in-ncaa-nationa

Personal Use for low $$. A collectable Hot Wheels toy.

toys-classic-vintage-hot-wheels-cars-mad

3 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

TYPW26.jpg

Oh, I remember this lunch! It was at a place near my hotel in Galway. Galway has a number of good bistros. $$

I wanted to search this image to see what kind of soup this is. Using ALL, on the sickening search page that makes me want to throw up, I put in the image number and was told there is no image for this search.  WHY??

Edited by Betty LaRue

7 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

I wanted to search this image to see what kind of soup this is. Using ALL, on the sickening search page that makes me want to throw up, I put in the image number and was told there is no image for this search.  WHY??

I found it using Microsoft Edge search engine...searches longer works for me in Chrome.

This is Edo's caption: "A bowl of Irish fish chowder with brown soda bread"

11 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

I found it using Microsoft Edge search engine...searches longer works for me in Chrome.

This is Edo's caption: "A bowl of Irish fish chowder with brown soda bread"

Thanks, Michael! 😁 All I knew about it is that it looks scrumptious! I can barely stand to go to the search page. It truly does upset my stomach. I used to check some of my newly uploaded images to see positions, but just the thought of it makes me recoil these days. Shows how badly I wanted to know what Edo’s meal was.

Edited by Betty LaRue

22 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

check that the browser doesn't have a "filter" from prior search in memory.  This is what i got looking for above image, until i cleared filters.  pretty useless new feature from Alamy

Just now, meanderingemu said:

check that the browser doesn't have a "filter" from prior search in memory.  This is what i got looking for above image, until i cleared filters.  pretty useless new feature from Alamy

I did check (I thought) but maybe not correctly. I have never used any of the new filters, just decided to take it from you all how bad they are. I put a lot of trust in the forum.

34 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

Thanks, Michael! 😁 All I knew about it is that it looks scrumptious! I can barely stand to go to the search page. It truly does upset my stomach. I used to check some of my newly uploaded images to see positions, but just the thought of it makes me recoil these days. Shows how badly I wanted to know what Edo’s meal was.

There is a search box at the top of your dashboard. That's what I have been using.... or on my portfolio page. How can they stick with a search page that makes us sick???? I know we are wonderfully unique but there must be buyers who are driven away also.

Paulette

41 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

I did check (I thought) but maybe not correctly. I have never used any of the new filters, just decided to take it from you all how bad they are. I put a lot of trust in the forum.

the issue is the new system creates filters without us using them.  The main one is when we have a look at someones Portfolio with the formerly know "Blue Number", it creates a Filter in user name which remains in future searches. 

For now I can't even consider stock images generate proper passive income anymore. $0.25 cents revenue. How many cents am I getting and hope no refund 1 year later?

Brace ourself, more zero to come. 

TBH it still thrill me to see an image sold. 

modern-trains-traveling-on-railway-track

Edited by rickygui
  • Love 2

Usage: Magazine, editorial print and digital use, cover and/or inside, repeat use within a single issue
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 17 August 2022
End: 17 August 2024

Mid $$

Spotted in and few similar https://www.theguardian.com/society/2022/aug/04/britain-angry-abusive-behaviour-staff 

2CBGGNF.jpg

• Love 1