Images sold in August 2022

Manchester, UK. 26th August, 2022. Crowds on Canal Street. LGBTQ+ Pride, Manchester, UK, begins and continues over the Bank Holiday weekend 26th to 29th August in Manchester's gay village. Organisers say: "Manchester Pride is one of the UK's leading LGBTQ+ charities. Our vision is a world where LGBTQ+ people are free to live and love without prejudice. We’re part of a global Pride movement celebrating LGBTQ+ equality and challenging discrimination." Credit: Terry Waller/Alamy Live News.    Country: United Kingdom Usage: Editorial Media: Newspaper - national Print run: up to 2 million Placement: Inside and online Image Size: 1/4 page.   Just into $$.

2JRWJ7E.jpg

• Love 1
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, aphperspective said:

Dropped in this morning. Children enjoying an ice cream by the sea. High $$$ very nice end to the month.

children-enjoying-ice-creams-by-the-sea-

Congrats.  Great image Andy.  If I tried to get one like that I would be thrown in the water.

Allan

9 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Congrats.  Great image Andy.  If I tried to get one like that I would be thrown in the water.

Allan

Thanks Allan they are a great bunch of kids, from the local school I have photographed them many times, football matches etc.

Andy.

All mid to lowish $$

Newspaper usage.

Busy traffic, including a delivery van for electrical retailer AO World, driving on Alencon Link in Basingstoke, UK. Theme: post pandemic recovery - Image ID: 2GYY713

busy-traffic-including-a-delivery-van-fo

Magazine and book usage.

Magnificent mosaics decorate the walls and ceiling of the Rotunda of Galerius, a popular tourist destination in the city of Thessaloniki, Greece - Image ID: PCYGTE

magnificent-mosaics-decorate-the-walls-a

Italy, book usage

A decorated cast iron manhole cover on the island of Capri bearing the words "Cassa Per Il Mezzogiorno" (Fund for the South). Italy - Image ID: FXJEW3a-decorated-cast-iron-manhole-cover-on-t

Edited by Steve F

A fabulous example of why I don't upload to Alamy any more...

UNLIMITED NATIONAL NEWSPAPER USAGE - $0.05 to me. Five cents.

$0.05 to me. Which I'll never see unless I ever reach payout minimum. Alamy loves giving away our photos.

Usage: Editorial, Use in syndicated editorial news features, single context only. Includes archive rights in-perpetuity.
Media: Newspaper - national
Print run: Unlimited
Insert: more than 25
Placement: National
Image Size: up to full area
Start: 30 August 2022
Duration: In perpetuity

beer-garden-illustration-on-a-pub-gate-2DE7AM9.jpg

Edited by RyanU

Shot in Lincoln UK while walking around the city centre during this June with Allan, our forum regular.  Last month sold all 3 of my Thatcher statue images shot on the way to Lincoln. Only heard about this protest while searching the web the night before. Editorial web use, RM, lapsed Live News, only upper mid $.

lincoln-uk-18th-june-2022-viva-members-a

• Love 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sb photos said:

Shot in Lincoln UK while walking around the city centre during this June with Allan, our forum regular.  Last month sold all 3 of my Thatcher statue images shot on the way to Lincoln. Only heard about this protest while searching the web the night before. Editorial web use, RM, lapsed Live News, only upper mid $.

lincoln-uk-18th-june-2022-viva-members-a

I see that lady you knew from other other demos is hiding.

Allan

Bye the bye I have seen J Birkett's door open for business again. That was on two Fridays, don't know about the rest of the week.

ITMA

Edited by Allan Bell

Low $$

28.8 MB;3888 x 2592 pixels;1.1 MB compressed ;
   Additional Details: One use in a single editorial or advertorial article used within web versions, with re-use of the article in other web versions within the same newspaper group. Digital use includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article. UK

beach-in-cable-bay-new-zealand-2BMY3CP.j

• Love 1

Well, thanks everybody for the tips.  It's been quite a good month here too, so I'll now try a couple of your suggestions for inserting pics which recorded last-minute sales on 31st August. 

prince-charless-highgrove-estate-gift-sh

Prince Charles' Highgrove Estate Shop in Tetbury, Gloucestershire, England. Low $

the-dilmun-civilisation-thrived-4000-yea

Ancient mounds surviving from the Dilmun civilisation, Bahrain.  mid $$ (i.e. <$100)

main-mosque-beside-a-makeshift-vegetable

Archival pic: Main city mosque and produce market in Abu Dhabi, UAE, 1984.  Low $ (<$20)

vanilla-slice-and-coffee-in-sorrento-vic

Vanilla slice, Sorrento, Victoria, Australia. Low $

• Love 1

On 31/08/2022 at 17:22, Allan Bell said:

I see that lady you knew from other other demos is hiding.

Allan

Bye the bye I have seen J Birkett's door open for business again. That was on two Fridays, don't know about the rest of the week.

ITMA

Thanks re Birkett's Allan. BTW, the protest picture was used in the Guardian on the 12th July. When undertaking the Google image search I found another credited usage in the Pehal News, syndicated by the Guardian, so I doubt there will be anything in it for me and Alamy.

On 31/08/2022 at 13:54, RyanU said:

A fabulous example of why I don't upload to Alamy any more...

UNLIMITED NATIONAL NEWSPAPER USAGE - $0.05 to me. Five cents.

$0.05 to me. Which I'll never see unless I ever reach payout minimum. Alamy loves giving away our photos.

Usage: Editorial, Use in syndicated editorial news features, single context only. Includes archive rights in-perpetuity.
Media: Newspaper - national
Print run: Unlimited
Insert: more than 25
Placement: National
Image Size: up to full area
Start: 30 August 2022
Duration: In perpetuity

beer-garden-illustration-on-a-pub-gate-2DE7AM9.jpg

sorry to hear that 5c is terrible and worse than a certain large microstock site. It's so unfair when postal & rail workers can strike but not artists or photographers it seems. When people's energy bills go up, it won't be worthwhile (or even too costly) to upload anymore. 

Edited by dunstun365

I had a sale in august but to my suprise I had another one in the last few hours (sept. 1st.) After a slow start on joining alamy, sales have realy started to take off at least for Alamy. I've included the photo but it won't accept the url below so it's here:  two glasses of beer with one partly drunk Stock Photo - Alamy  just under $5

Edited by dunstun365
  • Like 1

Manchester, UK, 13th August, 2022. Women wear Ukrainian flags. “Manchester Stands with Ukraine” anti-war rally, a protest about the Russian invasion of Ukraine, in Piccadilly Gardens, central Manchester, England, United Kingdom. The protests are organised by the Ukrainian Cultural Centre, Manchester. This is the 25th Saturday that this protest has been held to draw attention to the continuing war and to seek support for Ukraine. Credit: Terry Waller/Alamy Live News.   $

2JNR3HE.jpg

10 hours ago, zxzoomy said:

A Stagecoach bus, number 192, in city centre Manchester, UK. Cents only.

TWBWWD.jpg

Was this licensed in August or September? I mistakenly put a September sale here and, when I caught my mistake, moved it to the September thread. I think Gen mistakenly did it a month ago, put an August image in the July sales thread and led me down the primrose path like I probably just did to you. 😂