Positive Results 2022

Fast sale - The good news - uploaded and keyworded yesterday; went on sale today and sold today!

The bad news - a gross of $3.55 direct sale

Kumar

• Love 2

11 hours ago, Rolf Adlercreutz said:

Yesterday, one of those terrible small sales; $1,51. Today one for $186. I never get the Alamy business model!

Rolf

FAQ by someone who seems to be a preferred partner of Alamy.

wim

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, wiskerke said:

FAQ by someone who seems to be a preferred partner of Alamy.

wim

Thanks for the link to Cavan. 

I felt that he was very much giving it from the agency viewpoint - justifying micro fees. And it is all based on RF. For me the answer should be much more straightforward for RM - the fee depends on the use/ and, of course the user ( and what deal they can do).

What he says about Getty rings true though. No mention of Alamy 🥴

Edited by geogphotos
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Steve F said:

5 sales already this month including a $125 today. And the sun is shining 🌞

Wow! I can only compete with the sun shining...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gvallee said:

Wow! I can only compete with the sun shining...

We're going to have a heatwave next week, 30 degrees plus! Pleasingly, it's an image that was zoomed twice. And a direct sale. 

But I am jealous of you driving around the beautiful outback Gen, Basingstoke is not so photogenic (I get allowed out of here sometimes for good behaviour...)

16 minutes ago, Steve F said:

We're going to have a heatwave next week, 30 degrees plus! Pleasingly, it's an image that was zoomed twice. And a direct sale. 

But I am jealous of you driving around the beautiful outback Gen, Basingstoke is not so photogenic (I get allowed out of here sometimes for good behaviour...)

30C? Heatwave? I'm in Darwin, 28C every day and it's winter. LOL! I'm so totally addicted to heat now that it's ridiculous.  

Driving around has slowed down for now. We're waiting for an Aboriginal festival mid-August in remote Outback. While we're waiting, we're house sitting in a bushland plot of land, taking care of 3 adorable rescue wallabies and 3 dogs. Very very enjoyable. Back to nature!

Edited by gvallee
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, gvallee said:

30C? Heatwave? I'm in Darwin, 28C every day and it's winter. LOL! I'm so totally addicted to heat now that it's ridiculous.  

Driving around has slowed down for now. We're waiting for an Aboriginal festival mid-August in remote Outback. While we're waiting, we're house sitting in a bushland plot of land, taking care of 3 adorable rescue wallabies and 3 dogs. Very very enjoyable. Back to nature!

House sitting sounds fun. Yeah, you get used to the heat. I lived in Dubai for a few years and I wore jumpers in the winter outside, although I don't think it got to much less than 20 degrees at night. I also wore jumpers in the shopping malls, the AC is too cold!

6 minutes ago, Steve F said:

House sitting sounds fun. Yeah, you get used to the heat. I lived in Dubai for a few years and I wore jumpers in the winter outside, although I don't think it got to much less than 20 degrees at night. I also wore jumpers in the shopping malls, the AC is too cold!

I am gobsmacked how property owners trust people doing house sitting. They hand over their property and animals to complete strangers. At the current housit we're doing, they even left us their brand new car to use and expect us to eat the food in their fridge! 

I'm with you re heat. I need a new pair of shorts for daytime. No chance. Even if it's around 28C, it's winter on paper, so shops only have jumpers and woolly hats. I also take a cardigan for supermarkets, especially when walking past the refrigerated cabinets. I have sore throat pills next to my bed, eh! 16C at night! Brrrrr.... 

1 hour ago, Alex Ramsay said:

Easy come, easy go - sale refunded within 24 hrs . . . ☹️

Alex

if that sale is not resold within 48 hours, suggest you ask CR what happened and why

Best

Kumar

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
42 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

This thread seems to have stalled, so I thought I'd try to kick-start it with some positive news.

Two $$$ sales licensed today. Average price per image this month is currently almost $70.

My August mood has greatly improved. 😎

Congrats John...You needed a lift, from the sounds of your last few months.

30 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

Congrats John...You needed a lift, from the sounds of your last few months.

Thanks, Michael. Things crashed in May and June, but July was very good. Happy to see sales picking up in August. However, almost all my recent sales are older, repeat-sellers, which perhaps doesn't bode well for the long term. Make hay while the sun shines, as the old cliché goes. 👨‍🌾

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Like 1

No refunds this month.  

sad that i consider this to be a positive now. 

i should normally consider two $$$ licence as positive, but with the rates of reported refunds on these, as well as the lack of update on Alamy on the whole handling of these, i will wait before I spend the money

Edited by meanderingemu

I've just equalled last year's volume of sales, which is not bad for early September.

The less good news is that I'm only at about 85% of last year's gross revenue, and 76% of net revenue. Hopefully there's still time to overtake 2021's results.

• 3 weeks later...

With all the doom and gloom, please allow me to share some good results, a $125 direct sale and a $99 distributor sale today.

Sad I had to go down to bottom of page 2 to find the "Positive results" thread.

• Love 1
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Gabbro said:

With all the doom and gloom, please allow me to share some good results, a $125 direct sale and a $99 distributor sale today.

Sad I had to go down to bottom of page 2 to find the "Positive results" thread.

What country is the distributor sale? i'm not in the distribution scheme so wondering about it.

11 hours ago, sooth said:

What country is the distributor sale? i'm not in the distribution scheme so wondering about it.

Japan. I've been getting some reasonably priced distribution sales to Japan here and there. Two this month.

• Like 2