Images sold in December 2020

21 hours ago, wiskerke said:

But would you own the copyright? And what about the competition?

If it's really easy it's all over the micros, and they are all over here. So maybe go for the slightly less easy things with lower views, but still respectable UCO.

wim

My thought was that I could upload it as Editorial Use Only as long the album cover or pieces of the puzzle were taken in context -  spread out on a table or strewn near a turntable - so it's like shooting any other artwork. I certainly would not take a close up shot where the photo taken by someone else is the main thing, but would spread out a collection of covers, that sort of thing, so it's in context. I think that works - doesn't it? 

There's always competition. I made over $100 this year on the micros with a couple of photos of a brick wall, mostly from a single photo. Sometimes you get lucky. 

Edited by Marianne

55 minutes ago, Marianne said:

My thought was that I could upload it as Editorial Use Only as long the album cover or pieces of the puzzle were taken in context -  spread out on a table or strewn near a turntable - so it's like shooting any other artwork. I certainly would not take a close up shot where the photo taken by someone else is the main thing, but would spread out a collection of covers, that sort of thing, so it's in context. I think that works - doesn't it? 

There's always competition. I made over $100 this year on the micros with a couple of photos of a brick wall, mostly from a single photo. Sometimes you get lucky. 

Must have been nice bricks! 😁

wim

Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
48 MB
5000 x 3333 pixels
3 MB compressed
Start: 15 December 2020
End: 15 December 2025

multi-color-flowers-of-portulaca-grandif

Portulaca grandiflora. Shot in August. I'm not very proud of this one, but I've learned that anything that passes QC may sell.

• Love 1

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/PDMKRG/marimekko-fashion-store-in-mikonkatu-mikaelsgatan-street-in-helsinki-finland-PDMKRG.jpg

Japan Book high $$ - but distributor.

Marimekko shop with logo and signature clothing line. Helsinki

wim

edit: this image is behaving weird: when the window is made narrower, the image is not squished but gets cropped.

size 1000x735; Keep original aspect ratio box ticked.

Probably a glitch.

Edited by wiskerke

One of my first images on Alamy, from 2015. Another London shot sells and I don't have that many. I don't think this is a particularly a good shot, the lighting is quite bland and I was new to editing. Perhaps they wanted a moodier shot without bright sunshine. Interestingly enough, it appears on the 2nd of 241 search pages for Kew Gardens, no idea why it's so high.

flower-display-at-kew-gardens-with-the-c

Usage: Editorial
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Print run: up to 10,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 November 2020
End: 01 November 2025
Taiwan , Magazine - print, digital and electronic

Low to mid $$

• Love 1

Two Finnish media through distributor sales. Very little money in the first place, next to nothing for me. But hey, got my name published under the image!

The other one was used already in June: 

https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-11389918 (under pseudonym)

This one was used less than month ago: https://www.iltalehti.fi/kotimaa/a/184f7f8f-e496-4647-ba88-14c4b9047673

aurinkolahti-beach-and-residential-distr

Aurinkolahti beach and residential district. Royalty-free. 6 MB. 1750 x 1167 pixels. Finland, Editorial website.

the beach at boscombe on the dorset coast Stock Photo

an unusual licence  first time I had one of these

Usage: Novel Use, Consumer goods, Single use on one consumer item with a max print run of 1,000, UK rights, 1 year. This includes, but is not limited to Postcards (2 x compilation and 1 x single image card treated as a single design), mugs, calendars, greetings cards etc
Media: Postcards
Industry sector: General business services
Print run: up to 1,000
Image Size: Any size
Start: 16 December 2020
End: 16 December 2021

Usage: Novel Use, Consumer goods, Single use on one consumer item with a max print run of 1,000, UK rights, 1 year. This includes, but is not limited to Postcards (2 x compilation and 1 x single image card treated as a single design), mugs, calendars, greetings cards etc

6 minutes ago, David eastley said:

I had one of those yesterday with the same licence details - mid $. I think it's the first Novel Use I've had this year.

Reigate Castle.

Reigate Castle, Reigate, Surrey, UK Stock Photo

Both low $$, but more or less wiped out by a refund against an image sold in June!!! 

Usage: Presentation or newsletters, Use in a presentation/talk (eg,Powerpoint and Keynote) or in an editorial newsletter.

Start: 15 December 2020

End: 15 December 2025

green-lane-northwood-site-of-the-intendeview-at-the-top-of-pinner-high-street-wi

On 07/12/2020 at 15:01, Stokie said:

Crisp and chocolate bar wrappers in a waste paper bin

- Image ID: FGTJ9D

crisp-and-chocolate-bar-wrappers-in-a-waste-paper-bin-FGTJ9D.jpg

Personal use

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Personal use ;  Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use ;  Start: 07-December-2020 ; End: 07-December-2025 ;

Additional Details: Personal prints, cards and gifts, or reference for artists.  Non-commercial use only, not for resale.

Personal use.....errrm?

John.

I've resisted for a long time, but in the vain hope of getting a bit of a sales boost I just made all my images available for PU!  Mistake maybe????

High $$

Usage: Editorial
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Print run: up to 10,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 November 2020
End: 01 November 2025
Italy, Magazine - print, digital and electronic

sicilian-puppets-in-a-traditional-shop-w

$$ Country: United Kingdom ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Newspaper - national ;  Print run: up to 500,000 ;  Placement: Inside and online ;  Start: 01-October-2020 ; End: 02-October-2020 ;
Additional Details: One use in a single editorial or advertorial article used within print and /or web versions, with re-use of the article in other titles or web versions within the same newspaper group. Digital use includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article. Any placement in paper and online.

lancaster-b-x-c-gvra-the-former-fm213-built-at-victory-aircraft-in-E7PGB7.jpg

• Love 1

On 14/12/2020 at 14:27, Betty LaRue said:

You know the old saying, “even a blind squirrel can find....”
I believe in variation.

i do believe in variation, and i try to get some: squirrel eating bread, squirrel eating pizza, squirrel winking, but i am not sure how i would illustrate and prove that i had a photo of a blind squirrel....