Images sold in December 2020

8 hours ago, ACC said:

Novel use $ licence for 1000 postcards. A nice reminder of a brief covid compliant trip to Brighton this summer.

brighton-uk-11-august-2020-upside-down-h

Whatever they lost they really did turn the house upside down to find it.

Nice to have an oldie licence. USA book use.

The tourist brochures would have you believe that the great pyramids of Giza were in the middle of the desert !

Pizza Hut restaurant in Giza Egypt, with the famous pyramids in the distance . October 2003 Stock Photo

Pizza Hut restaurant in Giza Egypt, with the famous pyramids in the distance . October 2003

• Love 3
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

i do believe in variation, and i try to get some: squirrel eating bread, squirrel eating pizza, squirrel winking, but i am not sure how i would illustrate and prove that i had a photo of a blind squirrel....

:D:lol: you can tell if it’s not giving you the evil eye!

1 hour ago, AlbertSnapper said:

Nice to have an oldie licence. USA book use.

The tourist brochures would have you believe that the great pyramids of Giza were in the middle of the desert !

Pizza Hut restaurant in Giza Egypt, with the famous pyramids in the distance . October 2003 Stock Photo

Pizza Hut restaurant in Giza Egypt, with the famous pyramids in the distance . October 2003

Kinda sad to see this American chain restaurant so close to the Giza Pyramids and the Sphinx.  Was never a fan of Pizza Hut, there was one super close to me but closed after hardly anyone went there.  But nice shot!

6 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

Kinda sad to see this American chain restaurant so close to the Giza Pyramids and the Sphinx.  Was never a fan of Pizza Hut, there was one super close to me but closed after hardly anyone went there.  But nice shot!

Thank you !

The Sphinx is just above the number 1 in my photo. I guess this area was in the middle of the desert all those years ago. That's us humans for you !

• Love 1

2 hours ago, AlbertSnapper said:

Thank you !

The Sphinx is just above the number 1 in my photo. I guess this area was in the middle of the desert all those years ago. That's us humans for you !

That is the one place I always wanted to see. Badly. The pyramids, tombs and all the beautiful things removed. When I reached a place where I might afford to go, two things stopped me. The unrest and danger, and my intolerance to heat.
That’s a great image!

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/ARJC1P/the-truman-balcony-with-tulips-close-up-of-the-rear-of-the-white-house-ARJC1P.jpg

Worldwide TV $$

Same day; same subject:

AYN3C4

RF $3.41 distro. Film scan btw.

Tbh in total it has grossed a little over the first one which has never been licensed before.

As always: you will not have the big ones without the little ones.

wim

• Love 1

28 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

That is the one place I always wanted to see. Badly. The pyramids, tombs and all the beautiful things removed. When I reached a place where I might afford to go, two things stopped me. The unrest and danger, and my intolerance to heat.
That’s a great image!

Betty, Egypt is worth seeing but you pretty much have to go with a tour and hopefully one that includes a Nile River cruise.  You really get to see a lot of the great antiquities of ancient Egypt and the tour officials look after your safety.  I went in the winter and the weather was perfect, mild days and cool nights.  My father was born in Cairo from Italian/Corfiat(Corfu)parents and my mother met him there while her mom and stepfather were living there in the 1940s (her stepfather was stationed there while working for the U.S. government intelligence).  So, I just HAD make it a point to visit Egypt.  I was fortunate enough to find my dad’s childhood home still standing in the Cairo suburb of Maadi....that was almost as thrilling to see as seeing the Great Pyramids of Giza and the other landmarks.

• Love 2

55 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

Betty, Egypt is worth seeing but you pretty much have to go with a tour and hopefully one that includes a Nile River cruise.  You really get to see a lot of the great antiquities of ancient Egypt and the tour officials look after your safety.  I went in the winter and the weather was perfect, mild days and cool nights.  My father was born in Cairo from Italian/Corfiat(Corfu)parents and my mother met him there while her mom and stepfather were living there in the 1940s (her stepfather was stationed there while working for the U.S. government intelligence).  So, I just HAD make it a point to visit Egypt.  I was fortunate enough to find my dad’s childhood home still standing in the Cairo suburb of Maadi....that was almost as thrilling to see as seeing the Great Pyramids of Giza and the other landmarks.

1+ for the Nile Cruise. A bit of a tame affair, but not to be missed. The river is gorgeous. I've tried both buses and trains too.

We went there because it was cheap. Hmm why is it so cheap? Oh they have just massacred 62 tourists. So it's many years ago. No tourist in sight. You felt like someone entering a house after the people and their 10 cats have been away for 4 weeks. The fleas are desperate and the moment you set foot in the house they are on you up to your belt one inch thick. It was like that with sellers of rugs; donkey rides; hotel rooms; unthinkable richness from the tombs and other junk. However we had a secret weapon: near the Valley of Kings we stayed with a very respectable old sheikh, who ran the government guesthouse where all the real Indiana Joneses of the world had stayed and where now professors and students that had won a grant were allowed to stay. We had an introduction. And to everybody even approaching us we said: Oh but we stay at Sheikh Ali. This worked a charm even in Aswan, that's 150 mile (240km) from there. We got tea and coffee and please give my regards to the old man.

Tourists take snapshots under close guard of an Egyptian soldier at the Collossi of Memnon - Stock Image

The government guesthouse is in the distance on the right. film scan - never licensed.

We missed the pyramids because of dense fog.

And it was perfectly safe with the army everywhere. Like in the train: no please take a seat on the other side because there has been some shooting recently, but always from this side; never from the other side.

Great country! 😂

There's one little thing though: don't go there as a female alone. Just don't. And if you're with male company, make sure you are no more than 2 steps away. I'm not kidding.

Men on a sugar harvest train 15k south of New Qurna Egypt Nile Valley. - Stock Image

Encounter with a sugar train, sugar country 20km South of Luxor.

film scan - never licensed.

wim

Edited by wiskerke
second image

On 17/12/2020 at 19:31, wiskerke said:

1+ for the Nile Cruise. A bit of a tame affair, but not to be missed. The river is gorgeous. I've tried both buses and trains too.

We went there because it was cheap. Hmm why is it so cheap? Oh they have just massacred 62 tourists. So it's many years ago. No tourist in sight. You felt like someone entering a house after the people and their 10 cats have been away for 4 weeks. The fleas are desperate and the moment you set foot in the house they are on you up to your belt one inch thick. It was like that with sellers of rugs; donkey rides; hotel rooms; unthinkable richness from the tombs and other junk. However we had a secret weapon: near the Valley of Kings we stayed with a very respectable old sheikh, who ran the government guesthouse where all the real Indiana Joneses of the world had stayed and where now professors and students that had won a grant were allowed to stay. We had an introduction. And to everybody even approaching us we said: Oh but we stay at Sheikh Ali. This worked a charm even in Aswan, that's 150 mile (240km) from there. We got tea and coffee and please give my regards to the old man.

Tourists take snapshots under close guard of an Egyptian soldier at the Collossi of Memnon - Stock Image

The government guesthouse is in the distance on the right. film scan - never licensed.

We missed the pyramids because of dense fog.

And it was perfectly safe with the army everywhere. Like in the train: no please take a seat on the other side because there has been some shooting recently, but always from this side; never from the other side.

Great country! 😂

There's one little thing though: don't go there as a female alone. Just don't. And if you're with male company, make sure you are no more than 2 steps away. I'm not kidding.

Men on a sugar harvest train 15k south of New Qurna Egypt Nile Valley. - Stock Image

Encounter with a sugar train, sugar country 20km South of Luxor.

film scan - never licensed.

wim

Michael and wim...too exciting for my blood. And I’m allergic to flea bites. I’m sure those were sand fleas, which are way more vicious than your typical dog flea. Sand fleas love me. Their beady little eyes light up when they see me like mine do when I see strawberry shortcake.