Jump to content

Have you found any Alamy photos November 2020?


Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, MizBrown said:

 

Kea seems to be duller and has a longer upper mandible.  Kakapo beak is has dark nares.   Kea beak appears to have lighter nares.   Also facial feather colors are different.

 

Looks like the Guardian replaced Ross Henry's picture with a photo from another agency.

 

 

 

Keas have more orange in the wings.  Also one big difference from photographer, they fly and away easier to find. I have actually never seen a Kakapo, and now wonder if I ever will 

 

 

this is a perfect example of the importance of proper Caption.  Now Alamy loses some credibility with the buyer, and we all get hurt,

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, meanderingemu said:

 

 

 

Keas have more orange in the wings.  Also one big difference from photographer, they fly and away easier to find. I have actually never seen a Kakapo, and now wonder if I ever will 

 

 

this is a perfect example of the importance of proper Caption.  Now Alamy loses some credibility with the buyer, and we all get hurt,

 

Yeah.  One flies and the non-flying one pretends to be a shrub.  

 

Seventeen pages of Kea parrots on Alamy.   One page for Kakapo parrots -- and several are correct and a couple are Keas, and there are a lot of photos of older drawings, and a few glitches.  Couple of very nice correctly labeled Kakapo parrots, pity none of those were used.   One with wings spread that showed they didn't have the orange and were a bit too stubby for flight.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheers Iain !

 

Times online 16th

 

News

 

Great Wyrley, Staffordshire, UK. 12th February, 2016. Toll Booths and traffic pictured today on the M6 Toll road Motorway at Great Wyrley in Staffordshire after announcements that the M6 Toll road may be up for sale. Credit: Rosemary Roberts/Alamy Live News FFER07

sakkmesterke  Little dependent gamer boy playing on laptop at home RB00T7

WESTMINSTER LONDON,UK 12 October 2020. A protester outside Parliament holds a sign " Tories fail the north.  Credit: amer ghazzal/Alamy Live News - Image ID: 2D51EMT

Maureen McLean   Grim's Ditch, Aylesbury Vale, UK. 23rd October, 2020. New tree saplings planted by HS2 as part of their mitigation plan, - Image ID: 2D7KTHE

Arthur Bargan The company of young people playing jenga. Young friends at sunset on penthouse patio playing jenga - Image ID: W23NWE

Grant Rooney  Hotel Sofitel London St James, Waterloo Place, London, UK - Image ID: F32T3G

Digital-Fotofusion Gallery  Tate art gallery, Albert Dock, Liverpool, Merseyside, UK - Image ID: E8C14A

I-Wei Huang  London skyline at sunset, aerial view with landmarks - Image ID: H7KCK7

 

Alamy response incredibly slow this a.m. may have to try later

 

Edited by Bryan
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MizBrown said:

 

Yeah.  One flies and the non-flying one pretends to be a shrub.  

 

Seventeen pages of Kea parrots on Alamy.   One page for Kakapo parrots -- and several are correct and a couple are Keas, and there are a lot of photos of older drawings, and a few glitches.  Couple of very nice correctly labeled Kakapo parrots, pity none of those were used.   One with wings spread that showed they didn't have the orange and were a bit too stubby for flight.

 

 

the search for Kakapo was actually interesting, and worrying.  Yes the one image was mislabelled, but there is also a set of 5 images with "wekas and takahes" which appear where i see no Caption and KW using "Kakapo"  (though other unrelated birds are KW).

 

side note: Nice to see the Takahe reintroduced in the wild.  I had seen a couple on a reintroduction project in Fiordland  15 years ago.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Times

News

 

Grant Rooney Hotel Sofitel London St James, Waterloo Place, London, UK  F32T3G

 

Great Wyrley, Staffordshire, UK. 12th February, 2016. Toll Booths and traffic pictured today on the M6 Toll road Motorway at Great Wyrley in Staffordshire after announcements that the M6 Toll road may be up for sale. Credit: Rosemary Roberts/Alamy Live News  FFER07

 

Business

Avpics. Priority post box, sign, outside a Post Office in Southend on Sea, Essex, UK, during COVID-19 Coronavirus pandemic lockdown. Mail box, letter box 2CCKG7R

 

 

Benjamin John The exterior of the Supreme Court of the United Kingdom in Parliament Square, London, UK : KCE1M1

 

Scotland

Saltcoats, UK. 31st Oct, 2020. The west coast of Scotland at Saltcoats on the Firth of Clyde was battered by high winds and rain as Hurricane Oscar barrelled across the Atlantic bringing stormy conditions and possible flooding. The waves were so high and dangerous that Scotrail had to withdraw all electric trains on the Kilwinning to Ardrossan line and try to maintain a service using diesel engines. Credit; Credit: Findlay/Alamy Live News 2D8MH4H

 

 

Glasgow, Scotland, UK. 20th July, 2019. Placards saying Trans Rights Now are carried during the Mardi Gla Pride Festival which is a celebration of the LGBT community. This year marks the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall Riots in New York. Credit: Skully/Alamy Live News  W46XPE

 

Nick Fox Glenfinnan Railway Viaduct in Scotland with the Jacobite steam train passing over. Artistic vintage style processing.  JKHT1F

 

Edinburgh,Scotland, UK. 31 October 2020. Extinction Rebellion, the climate and wildlife campaign group, staged a demonstration outside St Giles Cathedral to protest at the increasing numbers of wildlife species that are dwindling in numbers and some that are approaching extinction.The protesters then marched to the Scottish Parliament. Iain Masterton/Alamy Live News  2D8NCEW

 

Killearn, Stirlingshire, Scotland, UK. 3rd Nov, 2018. uk weather - despite the wet and breezy weather the residents of Killearn and surrounding villages were able to enjoy a fantastic bonfire and firework display Credit: Kay Roxby/Alamy Live News R0D0R8

Edited by Iain Masterton
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bryan said:

Cheers Iain !

 

Times online 16th

 

News

 

Great Wyrley, Staffordshire, UK. 12th February, 2016. Toll Booths and traffic pictured today on the M6 Toll road Motorway at Great Wyrley in Staffordshire after announcements that the M6 Toll road may be up for sale. Credit: Rosemary Roberts/Alamy Live News FFER07

sakkmesterke  Little dependent gamer boy playing on laptop at home RB00T7

WESTMINSTER LONDON,UK 12 October 2020. A protester outside Parliament holds a sign " Tories fail the north.  Credit: amer ghazzal/Alamy Live News - Image ID: 2D51EMT

Maureen McLean   Grim's Ditch, Aylesbury Vale, UK. 23rd October, 2020. New tree saplings planted by HS2 as part of their mitigation plan, - Image ID: 2D7KTHE

Arthur Bargan The company of young people playing jenga. Young friends at sunset on penthouse patio playing jenga - Image ID: W23NWE

Grant Rooney  Hotel Sofitel London St James, Waterloo Place, London, UK - Image ID: F32T3G

Digital-Fotofusion Gallery  Tate art gallery, Albert Dock, Liverpool, Merseyside, UK - Image ID: E8C14A

I-Wei Huang  London skyline at sunset, aerial view with landmarks - Image ID: H7KCK7

 

Sorry can't be bothered with this new format, goodbye for now!

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Iain Masterton said:

The Times

Killearn, Stirlingshire, Scotland, UK. 3rd Nov, 2018. uk weather - despite the wet and breezy weather the residents of Killearn and surrounding villages were able to enjoy a fantastic bonfire and firework display Credit: Kay Roxby/Alamy Live News R0D0R8

Thanks Iain! :)

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

15/11/2020 Mail On Sunday (print)

Ravello moth orchid, close up of flowers. CWN4MG RM Floral

Black rose, Aeonium  zwartkop, succulent plant, top down view. T12NXX Darya Anyakina

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

i see no Caption and KW using "Kakapo"

 

My search was for "Kakapo parrot" and I didn't get the shipwreck or Prince William.  This may be Alamy's sorting having some bug.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Guardian online....

 

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2020/nov/17/scotland-mountains-sketching

Ben Hope, the most northerly Munro. Photograph: Richard Clarkson/Alamy

 

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/nov/16/eu-plans-increase-offshore-windfarm-capacity

A windfarm near Gdansk, Poland. Photograph: Gregory Wrona/Alamy

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bryan said:

Times online 17th 

Scotland

A poster outside The Pavilion Theatre : Kay Roxby/Alamy Live News - Image ID: 2DB45DF

 

Thanks Bryan! :)

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/11/2020 at 13:20, Iain Masterton said:

The Times

Business

Avpics. Priority post box, sign, outside a Post Office in Southend on Sea, Essex, UK, during COVID-19 Coronavirus pandemic lockdown. Mail box, letter box 2CCKG7R

Many thanks Iain.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/11/2020 at 13:20, Iain Masterton said:

Benjamin John The exterior of the Supreme Court of the United Kingdom in Parliament Square, London, UK : KCE1M1

Iain, Many thanks for the spot!

The Supreme Court is expected to provide clarity on which insurance policies should pay out

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bryan said:

I don't like this new format with its severely restricted width. Captions trimmed to fit, which is time consuming. Also I miss the edit key at the bottom of the page, having to move to the top and use two clicks further wastes time.

Agreed - the new 'look' is terrible, can't understand what was wrong with the forum as it was. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

Agreed - the new 'look' is terrible, can't understand what was wrong with the forum as it was. 

theres a thread on the announcements page with comments on the new width. Add comments there to bolster support.. ;)

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/nov/17/pandemic-housing-england-divide-owners-tenants

......blocks in Liverpool. Photograph: Jason Smalley Photography/Alamy

 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/nov/14/coupledom-couple-norm-social-change

A hiker on the Cleveland Way between Scarborough and Robin Hood’s Bay in England. Photograph: Islandstock/Alamy Stock

Photo

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Zahid Mubarek Trust - various pages

 

vintage, retro, old, photograph, century, graphics, antique, classic, history, historic, historical, archival, archive, nostalgia, nostalgic, old-fashioned, old-fashion, black and white, botany, botanical, past times, artist, sepia, 19th century, historic photographs, art, image, colorful, art, painting, drawings and prints, portrait, landscape, people, nature, joy, happiness, figure, studio, space, graphite print, photographer, oil paintings, watercolor painting, ancestral, forest, lake, sea, river, seascape Stock Photo

2B7E8P1 by Asar Studios (heavily cropped as page header)

 

A lone prison officer on a prison wing at Winchester Prison, UK. Stock Photo

AG4F32 by Dan Atkin

 

Prisoners on a landing Stock Photo

B68E6Y by Mark Harvey

 

Empty Prison Cell in Reading Prison, Reading, Berkshire, England, GB, UK. Stock Photo

H2NPTB by D. Callcut

 

Mubarek report published Stock Photo

G9D4MD by PA Images

 

On a personal note: this is truly a tragic story, one that I'd only vaguely remembered. I do hope that it is one of Alamy's charitable endeavours. I would have happily have donated the use of my image.

Edited by losdemas
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheers folks !

 

Good to see that we appear to be back to a full width screen, thanks Alamy !

 

Times online 18th

 

World

 

Washington, United States. 01st July, 2020. U.S. Representative Cedric Richmond (D-LA) speaks at a press conference of the Congressional Black Caucus. Credit: SOPA Images Limited/Alamy Live News - Image ID: 2C5BWM9

 

Business

 

UK airport passengers masks crew - can't find it

Kevin Britland Christmas Turkeys for sale in an Asda supermarket, UK - Image ID: BXM5NP

Hong Kong  A woman  mask  Bitcoin advertisement  Budrul Chukrut/SOPA Images/ZUMA Wire/Alamy Live News  2CTPF94

Washington Imaging  Silentnight  factory  Barnoldswick, Lancashire, UK : E0R3P8 🙂

Blue Prism World  Paul Quezada-Neiman/Alamy Live News - Image ID: T2TP08

eye35 Woman leaving meadowhall  mall with christmas shopping bags ID: D1FD89

Rod Sibbald  SSE Clyde Wind farm in southern Scotland near Moffat. Wind turbines at the Scottish and Southern Electric wind farm. - Image ID: DTH0HM

Valentin Wolf  Apple App Store, app icon on iPhone, iOS, smartphone screen, display, close-up, detail, Germany - Image ID: PECACY

David Hunter  Insurance Fire Mark on wall of building - Image ID: G0XCNT

 

Ireland

 

Design Pics Inc Rainbow Over Housing, Monkstown, Co Dublin, Ireland - Image ID: EYA1TW

 

Scotland

 

2 women shopping Edinburgh? - can't find it

ALLSTAR PICTURE LIBRARY FRANK MCAVENNIE GLASGOW CELTIC FC  1993 -  HN61P

John Peter Photography  Brodick Bay Isle of Arran J8X8BM

Scottish Viewpoint  ARDVERIKIE ESTATE AND PRIVATE RESIDENCE Image ID: A1B7R2

Michael Vi  User Testing sign  headquarters  WCCYBN

Scotland, UK. 27th July, 2020. Pictured: Passengers wearing blue surgical face masks seen wheeling their luggage in the airport terminal. Inside Glasgow Airport's terminal 1.  Colin Fisher/Alamy Live News - Image ID: 2C8X8JH

WENN  The Scottish National Party held their Spring Conference at the SECC in Glasgow ahead of the General Election on May 7th with 3,000 delegates attending Featuring: Margaret Ferrier Where: Glasgow, United Kingdom When: 28 Mar 2015 C - Image ID: EW03XM

 

News

 

Andriy Popov Close-up Of Businesswoman's Hand Refueling Car's Tank - Image ID: KR8CCY - in sepia

Greg Balfour Evans The Pantiles, Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent, England,  - Image ID: HPXWTN

new Scotland yard headquarters  building London - can't find it

brontosaurus - can't find it

Iconographic Archive   British World War 2 Public Information propaganda poster - Image ID: RNERMH

Phanie  Woman spraying pesticide against clothes moth on her clothes. - Image ID: E5RAPG

Alfriston Sussex UK 17th November 2020 - A message of hope as buses with passengers on board pass underneath the Christmas lights in North Street  Credit Simon Dack / Alamy Live News - Image ID: 2DBKKC7

 

News in Pictures

 

16th Nov, 2020. Mikhail Vasilievich Nesterov, Credit: Guy Bell/Alamy Live News -: 2DB4R9D

Swans sit in a boat  Christian Charisius/dpa/Alamy Live News -2DBH7GX

Hamburg, Germany. 17th Nov, 2020. Swans sit in a boat of the swan being in the town hall lock at the Alster. Swan father Nieß and his helpers have captured them and are taking them to their ice-free winter quarters in the Eppendorf mill pond until spring. Credit: Christian Charisius/dpa/Alamy Live News Stock Photo

 

 

 

Edited by Bryan
Updated
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.