Halfway through the year, and almost exactly half last year's totals for sales and revenue. It seems unlikely, given everything that's been going on, but it looks as if it may be a pretty normal year as far as picture sales go.

Alex

Down by approx 1/2 of last years midway figures. I'm not sure if it's a Covid 19 reaction or Alamy leaving me behind due to a combination of algorithm changes and sheer volume of images. I've also questioned my ability to produce what's required for stock. Time will tell.

Compared to last year's totals, I have about 40% of sales and 20-25% of revenue. This is doubly bad because I am usually ahead of the previous year at this point, and dwindle away the rest of the year. Getting good zooms, though.

1 hour ago, Bill Kuta said:

Compared to last year's totals, I have about 40% of sales and 20-25% of revenue. This is doubly bad because I am usually ahead of the previous year at this point, and dwindle away the rest of the year. Getting good zooms, though.

That matches my stats also. Just hoping the zooms come good. CTR is the best ever

I'm close to 50% for revenue, sales down slightly, but 2019 was my best year ever for number of sales. I noticed today that I've just surpassed $85,000 (gross) total revenue. I started submitting in 2007, so it has taken me over 12 years. If all goes well, I should join the $100K Club some time within the next couple of years. This is something I didn't expect when I signed up. Many thanks, Alamy. Too bad I've spent all the money. 😄

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Compared to 2019, I am about 15 % lower than the number of sales last year but the revenue is just a little under last year's!  Better to have the revenue close, I think.

Roughly the same pattern for me. You're probably right about revenue being a more important indicator. However, I'm surprised at how consistent my average price per image has been during recent years in spite of everything.

Edited by John Mitchell

Being half way there reminds me of this song by Bon Jovi....my daughter used to workout to this song when she rowed on the high school crew team.  They would blast this song while using the ERGS (rowing machines) getting ready for the next regatta.  Yep, we're living on a prayer in this biz.

Extrapolating for the year ahead (so doubling figures so far): currently at roughly 79% of 2018's sale volume and 71% of revenue. In turn, 2018 was lower than 2017 - which was my best year here.

EDIT: Despite my default setting of 'cynical' (realistic?), the Tweet today by the Alamy Content Team sounds positive:

Edited by losdemas
  • Like 1

My average views are less than two-thirds of usual volume, but zooms are good. Last year at this time I thought I was headed for a BYE by a huge margin since my revenue by the end of June 2019 was a hairsbreadth below all of 2018, then the doldrums hit and I had sales but for such low $ for the rest of the year that I ended up pretty much even in 2018 and 2019. I grew my portfolio and anticipated good things but it was a bust. I suppose things could as easily change for the better although with a portfolio heavy on travel it could be a while. I'm grappling with whether photography is viable anymore or at least for the next year, but I love it and don't want to give up something I had hoped to stay active in even after retirement age, which I'm edging ever closer to. I don't expect stock to be a source of significant revenue as I had initially envisioned back some years ago, but I felt it would be a good way to keep active into my 70's and beyond. I've been shooting stock since 2008 and can't imagine what it would be like to retrain myself to go on a trip and shot solely for my own enjoyment LOL.

Given the current extraordinary times, it is hard to really extrapolate what the rest of the year will bring. Covid numbers are continuing to go down here in New York State, but so much of the country has a curve that is growing, so it's impossible to guess how things will shake out. I'm very fortunate that my husband is in an essential business and that while he is completely on commission he's ahead of last year and has a boss who is happy to let him work from home since I'm at heightened risk. I have 1/3rd of an acre, and a 100 square foot new plot of land on which I'm growing veggies and flowers, so while I wish my Alamy sales hadn't disappeared, we have food shelter and income, not to mention health insurance, good doctors, and neighbors who wear face masks, more than many of my fellow humans these days.

Alamy has always been feast or famine for me, so I'll wait it out and eventually things will take a turn for the better. 

Edited by Marianne
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, losdemas said:

Extrapolating for the year ahead (so doubling figures so far): currently at roughly 79% of 2018's sale volume and 71% of revenue. In turn, 2018 was lower than 2017 - which was my best year here.

EDIT: Despite my default setting of 'cynical' (realistic?), the Tweet today by the Alamy Content Team sounds positive:

Hmmm... Could this have something to do with goings-on at a certain big MS agency, I wonder. 🤔

Halfway through the year and half last year's totals for sales.  Revenue last year was boosted by two good $$$ sales (though one of which is still to be paid) so this year is not at a half of last year's revenue - but were it not for those two sales it would be.  

Edited by digi2ap

5 hours ago, Pekka Liukkonen said:

Exactly the same here. No sales and only a couple zooms since mid Feb. I´m not uploading anymore.

I don’t think that’s the answer if you want more sales. Perhaps upload more, change what you photograph, or try a different style. Or revisit tags.

My results aren’t very comparative to others since I haven’t been here that long, but have exceeded revenue of 2018 already and on 80% of revenue compared to the whole of 2019 (66% of number of images).

Edited by Sally

5 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Hmmm... Could this have something to do with goings-on at a certain big MS agency, I wonder. 🤔

Have I read this wrong, but doesn't it mean 14% more people buying images rather than 14% more contributors?

John.

3 hours ago, Pekka Liukkonen said:

Exactly the same here. No sales and only a couple zooms since mid Feb. I´m not uploading anymore.

Well you won't have any sales if you stop uploading!  Photograph more 'people doing things' pictures - that should reap rewards.  Good luck!

On track at 55% of sales.  Well above revenue at 61%.

Allan

Sorry people I made an error in my calcs. That is not unusual I hear you say.

My revenue to date for this year is greater than my revenue for all of last year so revenue should read 161%

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Love 2