Jump to content
Michael Ventura

2020 June Favorite Uploads

Recommended Posts

timoleague-west-cork-ireland-6th-june-2020-a-swan-swims-at-high-tide-in-timoleague-as-dark-clouds-loom-overhead-ireland-is-experiencing-high-tides-due-to-the-waning-gibbous-moon-which-is-99-illuminated-tonight-credit-ag-newsalamy-live-news-2BXB79G.jpg
 
 
 
cork-ireland-3rd-june-2020-a-woman-walks-past-george-floyd-graffiti-in-cork-city-the-graffiti-is-in-protest-at-the-killing-of-george-floyd-an-unarmed-black-man-who-was-murdered-by-police-in-minnesota-last-week-credit-ag-newsalamy-live-news-2BWT9K9.jpg
 
 
 
 
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few from the Aylesbury Black Lives Matter march last Saturday.

 

aylesbury-uk-6th-june-2020-aylesbury-black-lives-matter-march-in-response-to-the-recent-death-of-george-floyd-in-minneapolis-who-died-when-a-police-officer-continuously-knelt-on-his-neck-until-he-died-the-march-route-had-been-agreed-with-the-police-around-a-1000-demonstrators-marched-carrying-placards-and-chanting-the-march-started-from-watermead-and-finished-in-the-town-centre-the-march-was-organised-by-local-residents-amari-jamz-and-hannah-lewis-head-of-the-march-on-the-a418-oxford-road-credit-stephen-bellalamy-2BXJ2RY.jpg

 

aylesbury-uk-6th-june-2020-aylesbury-black-lives-matter-march-in-response-to-the-recent-death-of-george-floyd-in-minneapolis-who-died-when-a-police-officer-continuously-knelt-on-his-neck-until-he-died-the-march-route-had-been-agreed-with-the-police-around-a-1000-demonstrators-marched-carrying-placards-and-chanting-the-march-started-from-watermead-and-finished-in-the-town-centre-the-march-was-organised-by-local-residents-amari-jamz-and-hannah-lewis-credit-stephen-bellalamy-2BXJ1YB.jpg

 

aylesbury-uk-6th-june-2020-aylesbury-black-lives-matter-march-in-response-to-the-recent-death-of-george-floyd-in-minneapolis-who-died-when-a-police-officer-continuously-knelt-on-his-neck-until-he-died-the-march-route-had-been-agreed-with-the-police-around-a-1000-demonstrators-marched-carrying-placards-and-chanting-the-march-started-from-watermead-and-finished-in-the-town-centre-the-march-was-organised-by-local-residents-amari-jamz-and-hannah-lewis-credit-stephen-bellalamy-2BXJ1TA.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, sb photos said:

A few from the Aylesbury Black Lives Matter march last Saturday.

 

aylesbury-uk-6th-june-2020-aylesbury-black-lives-matter-march-in-response-to-the-recent-death-of-george-floyd-in-minneapolis-who-died-when-a-police-officer-continuously-knelt-on-his-neck-until-he-died-the-march-route-had-been-agreed-with-the-police-around-a-1000-demonstrators-marched-carrying-placards-and-chanting-the-march-started-from-watermead-and-finished-in-the-town-centre-the-march-was-organised-by-local-residents-amari-jamz-and-hannah-lewis-head-of-the-march-on-the-a418-oxford-road-credit-stephen-bellalamy-2BXJ2RY.jpg

 

aylesbury-uk-6th-june-2020-aylesbury-black-lives-matter-march-in-response-to-the-recent-death-of-george-floyd-in-minneapolis-who-died-when-a-police-officer-continuously-knelt-on-his-neck-until-he-died-the-march-route-had-been-agreed-with-the-police-around-a-1000-demonstrators-marched-carrying-placards-and-chanting-the-march-started-from-watermead-and-finished-in-the-town-centre-the-march-was-organised-by-local-residents-amari-jamz-and-hannah-lewis-credit-stephen-bellalamy-2BXJ1YB.jpg

 

aylesbury-uk-6th-june-2020-aylesbury-black-lives-matter-march-in-response-to-the-recent-death-of-george-floyd-in-minneapolis-who-died-when-a-police-officer-continuously-knelt-on-his-neck-until-he-died-the-march-route-had-been-agreed-with-the-police-around-a-1000-demonstrators-marched-carrying-placards-and-chanting-the-march-started-from-watermead-and-finished-in-the-town-centre-the-march-was-organised-by-local-residents-amari-jamz-and-hannah-lewis-credit-stephen-bellalamy-2BXJ1TA.jpg

 

Yeah that looks safe:mellow:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I've recently upgraded from a Sony RX100 MKIII to the MKVI for handy snaps like this. My Grandson with his cute pet rat (or Fancy Rat as I now know) :)

 

2BYNM69.jpg

Edited by Steve Hyde
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Steve Hyde said:

I've recently upgraded from a Sony RX100 MKIII to the MKVI for handy snaps like this. My Grandson with his cute pet rat (or Fancy Rat as I now know) :)

 

2BYNM69.jpg

 

Awww.. I love it.

 

Paulette

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Nephew taking advantage his uncle is taking care of him (his Mom would never had let him start these)

 

hands-of-a-young-boy-using-a-magnifying-glass-to-start-a-fire-view-of-concentrated-beam-of-light-getting-smoke-from-dead-leaves-2BY6EC7.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was nice.

My first upload for 10 weeks, straight through on the 5-star service;)

2C15P1B.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bought some summer fruits...

 

close-up-view-of-soft-summer-fruits-strawberries-raspberries-and-blueberries-2C1BD6K.jpg

 

Made a cake and decorated it with the fruits...

 

a-cake-decorated-with-butter-icing-and-summer-fruits-including-strawberries-raspberries-and-blueberries-2C1BD06.jpg

 

Photographed the cake...

 

a-lady-uses-a-smartphone-to-take-a-photograph-of-a-freshly-made-cake-which-is-decorated-with-butter-icing-and-soft-red-and-purple-summer-fruits-2C1BCRX.jpg

 

 

And then put sparkler candles on it as it was a birthday cake...

sparkler-candles-on-a-birthday-cake-decorated-with-fresh-summer-fruits-and-berries-2C1C162.jpg

 

 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A red sports car on a narrow road in the Yorkshire Wolds (not as well-known, or as visited, as the Yorkshire Dales, or Yorkshire Moors). It reminds me how green and lush the English landscape looks in early summer... and I like the russet colour on top of the thick hedgerows...

 

car-on-single-track-road-in-the-yorkshire-wolds-east-yorkshire-england-uk-2C1W2AF.jpg
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Grab shot from Bantry yesterday afternoon.
2c21rd5.jpg
 
Busy beach in Inchydoney, West Cork.  Used today in the Cork local rag.
2c1e0tg.jpg
 
Mad bloke on a bike in the sea in Tramore, Co. Waterford last Sunday
tramore-co-waterford-ireland-14th-june-2020-tramore-beach-was-busy-today-on-a-gloriously-sunny-day-with-highs-of-18-to-23-celsius-a-man-rides-his-bike-into-the-sea-to-cool-off-credit-ag-newsalamy-live-news-2C1696F.jpg
Edited by Colblimp
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/06/2020 at 05:00, Matt Ashmore said:

Bought some summer fruits...

 

 

 

Made a cake and decorated it with the fruits...

 

 

 

Photographed the cake...

 

 

 

 

And then put sparkler candles on it as it was a birthday cake...

 

 

 

 

 

Wow, amazing cake and great photos!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Spending a lot of time in my garden these days

 

.

honeybee-in-motion-flying-towards-a-moun

Edited by MariaJ
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MariaJ said:

 

Wow, amazing cake and great photos!

 

Thank you... it tasted pretty good too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

getting back slowly into grove of daily photo walks.  Bored with the usual brave new world shots but i really like this today.  This must be such a weird time for the kids

 

2C3CMBT.jpg

Edited by meanderingemu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Bright green Salal leaves

 

closeup-of-bright-green-salal-leaves-gau

 

 

I've passed by this garden gate many times on walks around my neighbourhood but never really paid it much attention. They say that black and white might be making a comeback...

 

atmospheric-black-and-white-image-of-a-m

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

High risk category as far as COVID-19 goes so I haven't been able to get out much and have been thrown back into wild and garden flower shots on white or black backgrounds in my improvised home studio (2 x Godex speedlights and 2 x Godox softboxes).  There's a few I like:

 

Yellow fertilised and white unfertilised flowers of the evergreen hardy climber, Lonicera japonica 'Hall's Prolific',Japanese Honeysuckle Stock Photo      Flower head of a pink form of the UK biennial wildflower, Heracleum spondylium, on a black background Stock Photo

 

Mixed pink and blue group of the hardy annual Love in the Mist, Nigella damascena, on a white background Stock Photo     Late spring flowers of the hardy perennial Geranium x magnificum on a white background Stock Photo

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've also dug out the macro gear for a few insect shots.  I haven't done much for a while - it's harder than I remember 😀

 

Female large rose sawfly, Arge pagana, on the twig of a rose bush in a UK garden Stock Photo   Macro image of an adult greenbottle fly, Lucilia sericata, feeding on Lavandula stoechas 'Anouk' in an UK garden Stock Photo    Small female UK hoverfly, Meliscaeva auricollis, feeding on the pollen of the blue flowered Convolvulus sabatius in a UK garden Stock Photo

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Sunlight coming through stained glass pointing to an empty seat in the ambulatory of a church illustrating the priest shortage in the Catholic Church.

 

sunlight-coming-through-stained-glass-po

Edited by Olivier Parent
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was going through a HD with unedited images from a trip to Myanmar when I found this one.

It's a similar image to a previous upload but different enough to include this one too.

novice-nun-at-the-entrance-to-the-buddha-shrine-at-the-sakyadhita-thilashin-nunnery-school-in-sagaing-myanmar-2C34WPF.jpg

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of those lucky moments of being in the right place at the right time, and a headline that writes itself. A rotten day getting wet whilst waiting for president Macron to appear became worth it "for something completely different":

 

pelicans-crossing-the-mall-road-in-london-from-st-jamess-park-stopping-traffic-pelican-crossing-with-attitude-2C31T48.jpg

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Avpics said:

One of those lucky moments of being in the right place at the right time, and a headline that writes itself. A rotten day getting wet whilst waiting for president Macron to appear became worth it "for something completely different":

 

pelicans-crossing-the-mall-road-in-london-from-st-jamess-park-stopping-traffic-pelican-crossing-with-attitude-2C31T48.jpg

 

 

Could be an album cover!  If only The Byrds were still together!😃

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

 

Could be an album cover!  If only The Byrds were still together!😃

 

That guy in the back is sure strutting. Makes me smile. Thanks.

 

Paulette

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/06/2020 at 11:49, spacecadet said:

Yeah that looks safe:mellow:

there's a small one in Ottawa today, i went, i turned around before taking any pictures.  I am suffering major PTSD/agoraphobia.   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Michael Ventura said:

 

Could be an album cover!  If only The Byrds were still together!😃

 

 

Actually could be used for Death cab for Cutie 😁

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nissan Qashqai car adapted to burn a mixture of hydrogen and petrol, University of Sunderland, England, UK - Stock Image

I have this idea that hydrogen is the way forward for transport and domestic heating. As I understand it, hydrogen is currently produced from natural gas - a process that is not renewable and releases carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. However it can be made by the electrolysis of water and the power to do that can come from renewable sources - wind, wave, solar etc.  I live in hope....

 

The best way to use the stuff for transport is to utlise a fuel cell to produce electricity, but the car in the photo has a conventional petrol engine modified to run on a hydrogen/petrol mix.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.