2020 June Favorite Uploads

1 hour ago, Steve Hyde said:

I've recently upgraded from a Sony RX100 MKIII to the MKVI for handy snaps like this. My Grandson with his cute pet rat (or Fancy Rat as I now know) :)

2BYNM69.jpg

Awww.. I love it.

Paulette

A red sports car on a narrow road in the Yorkshire Wolds (not as well-known, or as visited, as the Yorkshire Dales, or Yorkshire Moors). It reminds me how green and lush the English landscape looks in early summer... and I like the russet colour on top of the thick hedgerows...

car-on-single-track-road-in-the-yorkshire-wolds-east-yorkshire-england-uk-2C1W2AF.jpg
  • Love 3

Grab shot from Bantry yesterday afternoon.
2c21rd5.jpg

Busy beach in Inchydoney, West Cork.  Used today in the Cork local rag.
2c1e0tg.jpg

Mad bloke on a bike in the sea in Tramore, Co. Waterford last Sunday
tramore-co-waterford-ireland-14th-june-2020-tramore-beach-was-busy-today-on-a-gloriously-sunny-day-with-highs-of-18-to-23-celsius-a-man-rides-his-bike-into-the-sea-to-cool-off-credit-ag-newsalamy-live-news-2C1696F.jpg
Edited by Colblimp
  • Love 4

On 16/06/2020 at 05:00, Matt Ashmore said:

Bought some summer fruits...

Made a cake and decorated it with the fruits...

Photographed the cake...

And then put sparkler candles on it as it was a birthday cake...

Wow, amazing cake and great photos!

• Love 1

Bright green Salal leaves

closeup-of-bright-green-salal-leaves-gau

I've passed by this garden gate many times on walks around my neighbourhood but never really paid it much attention. They say that black and white might be making a comeback...

atmospheric-black-and-white-image-of-a-m

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 3

High risk category as far as COVID-19 goes so I haven't been able to get out much and have been thrown back into wild and garden flower shots on white or black backgrounds in my improvised home studio (2 x Godex speedlights and 2 x Godox softboxes).  There's a few I like:

Yellow fertilised and white unfertilised flowers of the evergreen hardy climber, Lonicera japonica 'Hall's Prolific',Japanese Honeysuckle Stock Photo      Flower head of a pink form of the UK biennial wildflower, Heracleum spondylium, on a black background Stock Photo

Mixed pink and blue group of the hardy annual Love in the Mist, Nigella damascena, on a white background Stock Photo     Late spring flowers of the hardy perennial Geranium x magnificum on a white background Stock Photo

• Love 4

I was going through a HD with unedited images from a trip to Myanmar when I found this one.

It's a similar image to a previous upload but different enough to include this one too.

novice-nun-at-the-entrance-to-the-buddha-shrine-at-the-sakyadhita-thilashin-nunnery-school-in-sagaing-myanmar-2C34WPF.jpg

• Love 1

One of those lucky moments of being in the right place at the right time, and a headline that writes itself. A rotten day getting wet whilst waiting for president Macron to appear became worth it "for something completely different":

pelicans-crossing-the-mall-road-in-london-from-st-jamess-park-stopping-traffic-pelican-crossing-with-attitude-2C31T48.jpg

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Avpics said:

One of those lucky moments of being in the right place at the right time, and a headline that writes itself. A rotten day getting wet whilst waiting for president Macron to appear became worth it "for something completely different":

pelicans-crossing-the-mall-road-in-london-from-st-jamess-park-stopping-traffic-pelican-crossing-with-attitude-2C31T48.jpg

Could be an album cover!  If only The Byrds were still together!😃

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

Could be an album cover!  If only The Byrds were still together!😃

That guy in the back is sure strutting. Makes me smile. Thanks.

Paulette

• Love 3

Nissan Qashqai car adapted to burn a mixture of hydrogen and petrol, University of Sunderland, England, UK - Stock Image

I have this idea that hydrogen is the way forward for transport and domestic heating. As I understand it, hydrogen is currently produced from natural gas - a process that is not renewable and releases carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. However it can be made by the electrolysis of water and the power to do that can come from renewable sources - wind, wave, solar etc.  I live in hope....

The best way to use the stuff for transport is to utlise a fuel cell to produce electricity, but the car in the photo has a conventional petrol engine modified to run on a hydrogen/petrol mix.