2020 June Favorite Uploads

These sum up June I guess... 

The mural at Mauerpark (Berlin wall site):

george-floyd-wandgemalde-im-mauerpark-am

Racism is a pandemic too:

rassismus-ist-auch-eine-pandemie-schild-

It doesn't get more 2020 than this (I already made it into a sticker 😅) :

protest-sign-reads-intersection-racism-i

And here I laughed so much and made the guy hold his sign straight for me so we can read it in its full glory:

sign-reading-how-do-you-open-your-mouth-

True dat. 

Edited by Sybille Reuter
  • Love 2

Used in today's local rag, but no use through Alamy yet.  Worth the trek up those stairs! Bantry House and Gardens

2c46df1.jpg
Used in two local papers, but no Alamy use yet - Schull Harbour
2c45r8y.jpg
I like the sky in this one - Schull Harbour
2c45g9d.jpg
Edited by Colblimp

30 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

Used in today's local rag, but no use through Alamy yet.  Worth the trek up those stairs! bantry House and Gardens

2c46df1.jpg
Used in two local papers, but no Alamy use yet - Schull Harbour
2c45r8y.jpg
I like the sky in this one - Schull Harbour
2c45g9d.jpg

Love that area of Ireland! Visited the Bantry House about 30 years ago when I was a groomsman at a close friend's wedding, his bride was from Schull.  Have not been back but would love to some day.  My friend's mother-in-law stills lives there and they spend their summers in Schull every year (they live in Upstate New York now).  Nice place to live, I would think!

1 hour ago, Michael Ventura said:

Love that area of Ireland! Visited the Bantry House about 30 years ago when I was a groomsman at a close friend's wedding, his bride was from Schull.  Have not been back but would love to some day.  My friend's mother-in-law stills lives there and they spend their summers in Schull every year (they live in Upstate New York now).  Nice place to live, I would think!

It's a fabulous place to live and surprisingly full of picture opportunities.  Get yourself over and we'll have a meet up!

Had not been in downtown DC in over three months, but the other day, I had magazine shoot not too far from the city center and so I had to go see the new "Black Lives Matter Plaza" just a block from the White House.  Compared to the volatile protests recently, it was very peaceful and calm...also super quiet in terms of many of the office buildings were pretty much empty with people working from home still.  Never seen DC like this on a non holiday or non weekend day. This man was having his picture taken by a friend and I asked if I could get a shot too.  He was fine with me taking the photo and asked if I could send it to him.....it turns out that this guy is a very successful rapper and goes by the name, "Grafh".  We've exchanged a bunch of emails and texts since Tuesday.  You just never know who the person you walk past is. 

usa-washington-dc-black-lives-matter-plaza-after-the-george-floyd-protests-for-racial-injustice-rapper-grafh-with-raised-fist-wearing-a-mask-2C5ABP1.jpg

You can see the White House down at the end of the plaza

usa-washington-dc-black-lives-matter-plaza-on-16th-street-after-the-george-floyd-protests-for-racial-injustice-man-in-a-wheelchair-2C5ABW1.jpg

• Love 6

First post-COVID Ryanair service from Southend to Bilbao at 06:30, taking off over the still grounded easyJet and BA airliners.

ryanair-airline-have-resumed-routes-to-spain-following-the-covid-19-coronavirus-lockdown-boeing-737-taking-off-from-southend-airport-to-2C5DF98.jpg

(Taken on 32nd of June!)

Edited by Avpics
Month error!

A little late posting these, but I got oodles of Black Lives Matters art photos on the streets of Oakland. The whole city was boarded up and it instantly became an open art museum of high quality street art.

This one is very prominently placed in the searches and getting zooms.

Black Lives Matter memorial and shrine to George Floyd. Mural by artist AmendTDK painted on boarded storefront. Downtown Oakland, California, USA. Stock Photo

Photomontage on the outside of a Walgreens.

Black Lives Matter photographic street art with American flag on boarded up Walgreens after the killing of George Floyd and looting. Downtown Oakland. Stock Photo

...and right next to it...

Black Lives Matter protest street art on boarded up buildings after the killing of George Floyd and subsequent looting of Downtown Oakland. Stock Photo