$250,000 gross income reached.

5 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

So great Kumar!  I’m hoping to get to $200,000 by next year.

No doubt you will. It's possible that I'll reach the $100K mark within two years if things continue to go well. This is something I never expected given that stock photography is very much a part-time pursuit for me. Long live Alamy!

• Love 1

On 27/03/2020 at 11:12, Allan Bell said:

Fantastic! Good news is always welcome especially when it is from a friend.

Allan

Breaking it down, that is roughly one dollar/image.  Whereas I am only at 0.60 dollars per image after 12 years.

ITMA

Allan can you talk me through this?

$250.000 income divided by 6000 images sold is $42 per image, or

$250.000 income divided by 26000 images in the portfolio is nearly $10 per image.

How did you arrive at $1/image?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Pietrach said:

Allan can you talk me through this?

$250.000 income divided by 6000 images sold is $42 per image, or

$250.000 income divided by 26000 images in the portfolio is nearly $10 per image.

How did you arrive at $1/image?

You are absolutely correct. It should have read $10 per image.

My bad in not checking my post.

Sorry Kumar.

Allan

• Love 1

27 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

You are absolutely correct. It should have read $10 per image.

My bad in not checking my post.

Sorry Kumar.

Allan

I did wonder. 😆

• Like 1

On 28/03/2020 at 12:05, Jansos said:

Kumar, Fabulous, well done and well deserved! $500,000 on the horizon? 🙂

Thanks but these days seems unlikely :(

Shall, like all of us, keep trying though!

• Love 1

Excellent achievement.

re: The average of $10 per image, that also seems to be an impressive statistic. Is it skewed by better revenue in the early part of your Alamy career ? 

Anybody else getting similar averages ?  And if so, are you getting that in, say, the past 5 years ?

Mine seems to be a paltry $1.60 per image, which is light years away from Doc's numbers. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

If I divide my total gross earnings from Alamy, since I started in 2005, with total number of images on sale, I get $22/photo.  Is it skewed by better revenue in the early years? Yes.

Wow, that's good. I get about $11 per image when I do the same calculation. However, I didn't start submitting until mid-2007, so I missed the best years.  By the time I started making regular sales in 2008, prices had already dropped considerably.

My earnings aren't particularly skewed. My revenue graph looks like a roller coaster with two very noticeable peaks at 2012 and 2014.

On 01/04/2020 at 11:07, geoff s said:

re: The average of $10 per image, that also seems to be an impressive statistic. Is it skewed by better revenue in the early part of your Alamy career ? 

Anybody else getting similar averages ?  And if so, are you getting that in, say, the past 5 years ?

Hi Geoff S,

For the past 5 years, taking the gross income and dividing by the average number of images over that time the average is $6.7 gross per image, so clearly figures skewed by prices in the early Alamy career.

Note that for each year my figures for gross income approximate $1 per image per year these days, which is a slightly different statistic - thats getting worse very year :( as prices fall generally

Kumar

• Like 1