Jump to content
Betty LaRue

Post a good thing that happened in your life today

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

 

You mean you had put your teeth in?🤨

 

Allan

 

You better watch out. I’ll send my teeth across the pond to chomp you. 😡

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My neighbor just called and offered to pick up chicken breasts and a bag of Echo’s mixed vegetables that I steam for her. She was going to pick up some things for herself and thought of me. She’s my daughter from another mother. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

You better watch out. I’ll send my teeth across the pond to chomp you. 😡

 

Not if my teeth reach you first.😷

 

Allan

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two good things happened upon waking up today: 

 

1. Two sales popped up, one of them I really like (the image not the price)

2. I had a friend request on FB from an ex-colleague I used to work with in London 10 years ago. A real nice guy, always happy. He told me once that he could not get angry with people. I asked him how much he would charge to teach me 😃😃 Anyway, he dropped his job in banking to sell food in the street from his van and is loving it. Now that's what I call a change in career. Bless him!!

 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best thing ever for me. My daughter with the virus this past 3 weeks, told me she’s felt better the past three days. I believe she’s finally over the hump. Her fever is finally gone. Answered prayers, best news ever for a worried mother.

Betty

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great news about your daughter!

And I'm happy to see you are back!

 

Dave

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/04/2020 at 18:14, gvallee said:

Two good things happened upon waking up today: 

 

1. Two sales popped up, one of them I really like (the image not the price)

2. I had a friend request on FB from an ex-colleague I used to work with in London 10 years ago. A real nice guy, always happy. He told me once that he could not get angry with people. I asked him how much he would charge to teach me 😃😃 Anyway, he dropped his job in banking to sell food in the street from his van and is loving it. Now that's what I call a change in career. Bless him!!

 

I agree! I’d like to sign up for lessons with him, too! :D 
I once went from a well-paid desk job (ugh) with an insurance company to a job in a doctor’s office working with patients. On my feet all day. Half the pay, unpaid overtime, but I loved it. It’s all about the fit, isn’t it? Happiness comes with the right fit, and I expect that’s why your friend is doing what he’s doing now.

Betty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome back, Betty.

 

Paulette

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Dave and Paulette!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

Thank you Dave and Paulette!

 

Nice to see you back.  I have been thinking about your daughter and so glad to hear she is on the mend.  A good friend's nephew has it, but his case has been not too bad.  She also has a niece who had a double lung transplant 2 years ago.  She has been having issues and she was back in the hospital but they sent her home with all kinds of stuff telling her she would be safer there than in the hospital until this outbreak is over.

 

I've rediscovered jigsaw puzzles.

 

Jill

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome back, Betty.  

 

Illegitimi non carborundum. 😀

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to some wholemeal bread today.

And the last of the Creme Eggs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, John Richmond said:

Illegitimi non carborundum. 😀

 

+1 in English.   Don't let the B*****ds grind you down.

 

Allan

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Baking some banana nut bread today...didn't want waste the overripe bananas I had.

 

My home already smells good enough to eat!

Edited by Michael Ventura
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, John Richmond said:

Welcome back, Betty.  

 

Illegitimi non carborundum. 😀

I won’t, John, thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

 

+1 in English.   Don't let the B*****ds grind you down.

 

Allan

 

Psst, thank you.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jill Morgan said:

 

Nice to see you back.  I have been thinking about your daughter and so glad to hear she is on the mend.  A good friend's nephew has it, but his case has been not too bad.  She also has a niece who had a double lung transplant 2 years ago.  She has been having issues and she was back in the hospital but they sent her home with all kinds of stuff telling her she would be safer there than in the hospital until this outbreak is over.

 

I've rediscovered jigsaw puzzles.

 

Jill

 

A lung transplant....suppressed immune system...yikes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ivan Rwatschew said:

We are  still breathing aren't we  what could be better than that.

 

That reminds me of the Lung Association Commercial:

 

"When you can't breathe, nothing else matters."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My British nurse (retired) friend here told me where to get very fresh eggs.  My dog walker knew the place and has been fetching them for me.  They have wonderful perky yolks and I found out today just how fresh they are.  The shop owner has the hens in the backyard.   One of the delights of living here is the country is so close to town that some bits are actually inside it. 

 

Mangos are developing on the neighbor's tree.   I get the ones that are on the branches overhanging my courtyard.

 

Also, over the weekend, reconnected by FaceTime with a friend who I hadn't seen (virtually or otherwise) in over twenty years.

 

So far, so good.  I mask up and put on sunglasses with interchangeable lenses (use the clear lenses) when I got out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jill Morgan said:

 

That reminds me of the Lung Association Commercial:

 

"When you can't breathe, nothing else matters."

 

Reminds me of a line from one of the James Herriot stories. For those that don't know, the author, James Alfred Wright, was a vet in the Yorkshire dales.

 

When a horse died the farmer or otherwise would call out the "Knacker". That was the person who would take the dead animal away to be rendered down.

 

The knacker man had to give a certificate of death to the farmer which always said the animal had died from "Stagnation of 't lungs."

 

Allan

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I burnt some garden cuttings last night. Went up like a torch just like bonfire night. I couldn't stand within 20 feet of it, so hot there was barely a puff of smoke and at the bottom of the garden I didn't choke anyone. It was also about 6C by then so no-one needed their windows open!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Baking some banana nut bread today...didn't want waste the overripe bananas I had.

 

My home already smells good enough to eat!

 

We've baked a lot of banana bread lately but are now struggling to get eggs so can't make anymore (at least not with my recipe) for the time being.

Edited by Matt Ashmore
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grand daughters 4th birthday. Red bike with stabilizers!!! We Skype at 4!

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.