Post a good thing that happened in your life today

Betty LaRue

7 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Went to Liverpool on Thursday and met up with Edo, Andy and Fiona (Andy's lady friend). Great meeting people face to face especially when you have only conversed on the internet before. "You mean like this?"  "Yes, just like this."

Joined in a walk around after lunch and had some fun taking pictures. By the way Edo is a fountain of information. Even helped me to understand the nuances of picture taking. Yes I'm still learning and always will be.

Fiona took a group photo of Edo, Andy and me. It was a good one too. Maybe Andy will post it on here when he has time.

Nice to meet you in the flesh and thanks for a great time folks.

Allan

Lucky you! 

55 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Went to Liverpool on Thursday and met up with Edo, Andy and Fiona (Andy's lady friend). Great meeting people face to face especially when you have only conversed on the internet before. "You mean like this?"  "Yes, just like this."

Joined in a walk around after lunch and had some fun taking pictures. By the way Edo is a fountain of information. Even helped me to understand the nuances of picture taking. Yes I'm still learning and always will be.

Fiona took a group photo of Edo, Andy and me. It was a good one too. Maybe Andy will post it on here when he has time.

Allan

Sounds wonderful.

Paulette

2 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Allan

That sounds great Allan, look forward to seeing the group pic

Carol

Today I got my new Epson Sublimation Printer running and man it is awesome! Worth every expensive penny.  Will save me a ton of time in production and that is always worth a lot.

Set up a new feeder for the Blue Jays with the peanuts as the freaking mourning doves hog the other one.  I must have at least a dozen of those pesky pigeons dominating my feeder.

Jill

7 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Allan

Wish I’d have been there. Wonderful for all of you!

On 18/09/2021 at 10:40, Allan Bell said:

Allan

Both Fiona and me enjoyed the day.  It was good to meet both you and Ed, finally. 

I fear you may have entrusted the group pic to the wrong person’s phone as I don’t have a clue how to post it on here.  Can anyone give me a clue?

Perhaps we can arrange another meet up the next time we’re over, which hopefully won’t be too long. 

2 hours ago, Colblimp said:

I fear you may have entrusted the group pic to the wrong person’s phone as I don’t have a clue how to post it on here.  Can anyone give me a clue?

Iphone? I've just got one, you can select an image from "recents" in "photos" then email it to yourself. Apple really doesn't want you going outside The System.

Then put it up on an image sharing site and post the link. I for one would really like to see it as I have never seen anyone here bigger than 2cm.

Edited by spacecadet

1 minute ago, spacecadet said:

Iphone? I've just got one, you can select an image from "recents" in "photos" then email it to yourself. Apple really doesn't want you going outside The System.

Then put it up on an image sharing site and post the link. I for one would really like to see it as I have never seen anyone here bigger than 2cm.

Image sharing site?  I've already emailed it to myself

16 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

Image sharing site?  I've already emailed it to myself

I use postimages.org -there are others.

It's how you get images up here that aren't on Alamy yet, or will never be- see the "Nature pic" thread. Open an account, upload, copy the link.

On second thoughts, if you use the web browser for email you may be able to drag and drop. I can't because I use Thunderbird.

Edit_ no doesn't work. If you use Gmail you can link from MyDrive.

like this

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lV-rPFKwu7jsAuSjylryk7O8h8jt8Crn/view?usp=sharing

Sounds complicated. Maybe there's an easier way. But I just use postimages.

Edited by spacecadet

Just to see if this works from Marks instructions. As I am new at this please excuse any problems.

Hopefully this link will work.

Photo of Edo, Andy and me at the Metcenter Liverpool.

https://postimg.cc/fkZkntZb

Allan

Weee! It Works! It really works. Thanks Mark.

ITMA

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Love 1
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Just to see if this works from Marks instructions. As I am new at this please excuse any problems.

Hopefully this link will work.

Photo of Edo, Andy and me at the Metcenter Liverpool.

Allan

Weee! It Works! It really works. Thanks Mark.

ITMA

Yes that works, well done all of you, lovely pic and thanks for sharing....😁

Carol

• Like 1

On 18/09/2021 at 10:40, Allan Bell said:

Allan

Good to hear and see you all had a great time. I’ve only been to Liverpool once, but never into the City Centre. Around 15 years ago, drove there and back in a day to collect a used electronic item I didn’t trust with a courier. 

4 hours ago, spacecadet said:

242207562-537796737291879-18869148698896

Looking good, Ed.

And you two as well;)

OK Mr Magician, 🤨 how did you get the image to appear in the forum?

Allan

3 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

OK Mr Magician, 🤨 how did you get the image to appear in the forum?

Allan

I click through to the image, click "share" and  copy and paste the second link down ("direct link").

This one. "https://i.postimg.cc/pV5jjz6K/242207562-537796737291879-1886914869889640070-n.jpg" (quotes added so it shows as text)

The top one ("link") just does this.

Edited by spacecadet

2 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

I click through to the image, click "share" and  copy and paste the second link down ("direct link").

This one. "https://i.postimg.cc/pV5jjz6K/242207562-537796737291879-1886914869889640070-n.jpg" (quotes added so it shows as text)

The top one ("link") just does this.

Thank you.  I learn a little bit more each and every day.☺️

Allan

Alamy put a link in Twitter to "Animals in Action" and my jumping polar bear is included. Such a good feeling to be on the same page as Martin Harvey (and other well-known wildlife photographers).

Paulette

• Like 3