Post a good thing that happened in your life today

Betty LaRue

5 hours ago, NYCat said:

Alamy put a link in Twitter to "Animals in Action" and my jumping polar bear is included. Such a good feeling to be on the same page as Martin Harvey (and other well-known wildlife photographers).

Paulette

How wonderful!

I got used to my iPhone 12 very quickly and thanks for all the tips on the other now deleted thread.  After many years of wondering what Icloud was all about and how it works, I have now got my head around it.  I can now restore/save/back up from iCloud with the best of them😄  I've had an iCloud account since it came out, before that I think it used to be called Mobile Me.  Never understood it - but hey ho I now do and find myself in the 21st century and happy to be here😄

Carol

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Fiona did well to capture a good expression on all three of us. My body? it's either a victim of wide-angle distortion . . . or I'm really that distorted. 🤫Hmm.

Edo after seeing you in the flesh, so to speak, I can vouch that you are NOT distorted.

Allan

2 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Fiona did well to capture a good expression on all three of us. My body? it's either a victim of wide-angle distortion . . . or I'm really that distorted. 🤫Hmm.

Not at all.......maybe she just had the camera set to Hemingway...........

Just got email from infringement chasing team

that they charge minimum 5X normal rate.

This is good news & I hope they aim at

industry standard of 10X...

Now I need to post over at "Bad News

that 5X $Y.YY < $50US...

Edited by FocusUno

I made an appointment for my Pfizer booster shot. I decided not to wait for the big rush. They have just approved it for 65 and over plus a lot of other people. The schedule allows me a couple of days home if I don't feel well afterwards.

Paulette

• Love 1

My son bought me a small rump roast to cook before he left for Alabama to a new job. The price of beef is out of sight here.

I just browned it, added potatoes, carrots, onion and seasonings and put it in the oven. I should smell something delicious before long.

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Love 1

I walked home from a morning cat-sit in a place where it is easy to grab a bus but it is a beautiful day and I decided to enjoy the walk and pick up some fruit at the greenmarket on the way. My immediate area is rather sad with so many shops and restaurants closed due to the pandemic but I was coming through an area that looks to be thriving now. I came to an ice cream shop I've seen from the bus and was curious about. I figured it was expensive and, sure enough, $10 for 14oz. I tipped a dollar just to prove I can afford such a luxury. It was less expensive than the ice cream a certain politician had when she made the mistake of showing off her enormous (bigger than my kitchen) refrigerator full of goodies. Please don't pick up on this political reference. I don't want to be sorry I mentioned it. It was just a funny mistake for a politician to make. They don't live in our world.

Paulette

Edited by NYCat
  • Love 1

I actually found the flavor of ice cream that I prefer yesterday, which is hard to find. Black walnut. Other than vanilla for topping fruit pies and cobblers, that’s all I buy. Since it’s hard to find, I seldom have ice cream in my freezer.

2 hours ago, Colblimp said:

My morning 'Barista' job went well - flat white for herself and latte for me, using a Sage Barista Pro coffee machine and Velo BMX whole coffee beans.  Yum!

That is an expensive way to make your morning coffee.😔

I mean over £700 for the machine?

Allan

• Like 1

After two panicky tech days, I'm up and running again! 

My iPhone 7, just 4 years old, was misbehaving. I've read that many iPhones don't last longer 🤨. I bought a new iPhone 12 mini (the 13 is out now). I also went into THREE to ask about getting a WiFi modem and ended with a pocket-size mobile broadband unit. After 112 dumb mistakes, I can now get my M1 MacBook Air on the Web with both this mobile thing and my 12 mini Personal Hotspot. Yes, I still have problems to solve but I'm moving towards the light.

Edo, a 20th century lad

• Love 3

1 hour ago, Allan Bell said:

That is an expensive way to make your morning coffee.😔

I mean over £700 for the machine?

Allan

I think we all deserve a big treat at this point in our pandemic experience.

Paulette

• Love 2
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, NYCat said:

I think we all deserve a big treat at this point in our pandemic experience.

Paulette

I agree Paulette and that is why I have been spending money like there is no tomorrow. Come to an end now though.

But as far as coffee goes, when I put a spoon in the jar to get out a few granules, put them in the mug and poor hot water on them followed by a drop of milk. Why would I want a machine to do that which costs over £700?

Allan

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

I agree Paulette and that is why I have been spending money like there is no tomorrow. Come to an end now though.

But as far as coffee goes, when I put a spoon in the jar to get out a few granules, put them in the mug and poor hot water on them followed by a drop of milk. Why would I want a machine to do that which costs over £700?

Allan

You philistine! I wouldn't use instant coffee if you paid me.

6 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Allan

Everybody has their splurges or guilty pleasures.  For me, I treated myself to a very high end set of cookware during the lockdown.  I enjoy cooking and wanted to treat myself to some excellent pots and pans….if my food turns out badly, it’s all on me now 😀

If one person wants to spend £700 on an coffee machine while another gets satisfaction from instant coffee, I am happy for both!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Allan Bell said:

Allan

What have you been buying Allan ?😁

Carol

5 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

After two panicky tech days, I'm up and running again! 

My iPhone 7, just 4 years old, was misbehaving. I've read that many iPhones don't last longer 🤨. I bought a new iPhone 12 mini (the 13 is out now). I also went into THREE to ask about getting a WiFi modem and ended with a pocket-size mobile broadband unit. After 112 dumb mistakes, I can now get my M1 MacBook Air on the Web with both this mobile thing and my 12 mini Personal Hotspot. Yes, I still have problems to solve but I'm moving towards the light.

Edo, a 20th century lad

Great new Edo welcome to the 12 club and the 21st century, am sure you will be pleased with it

Carol