Jump to content

Post a good thing that happened in your life today


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, spacecadet said:

242207562-537796737291879-18869148698896

Looking good, Ed.

And you two as well;)

 

OK Mr Magician, 🤨 how did you get the image to appear in the forum?

 

Allan

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

 

OK Mr Magician, 🤨 how did you get the image to appear in the forum?

 

Allan

 

I click through to the image, click "share" and  copy and paste the second link down ("direct link").

This one. "https://i.postimg.cc/pV5jjz6K/242207562-537796737291879-1886914869889640070-n.jpg" (quotes added so it shows as text)

242207562-537796737291879-18869148698896

The top one ("link") just does this.

https://postimg.cc/fkZkntZb

Edited by spacecadet
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

I click through to the image, click "share" and  copy and paste the second link down ("direct link").

This one. "https://i.postimg.cc/pV5jjz6K/242207562-537796737291879-1886914869889640070-n.jpg" (quotes added so it shows as text)

242207562-537796737291879-18869148698896

The top one ("link") just does this.

https://postimg.cc/fkZkntZb

 

Thank you.  I learn a little bit more each and every day.☺️

 

Allan

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Alamy put a link in Twitter to "Animals in Action" and my jumping polar bear is included. Such a good feeling to be on the same page as Martin Harvey (and other well-known wildlife photographers).

 

Paulette

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NYCat said:

Alamy put a link in Twitter to "Animals in Action" and my jumping polar bear is included. Such a good feeling to be on the same page as Martin Harvey (and other well-known wildlife photographers).

 

Paulette

How wonderful!

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Fiona did well to capture a good expression on all three of us. My body? it's either a victim of wide-angle distortion . . . or I'm really that distorted. 🤫Hmm.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ed Rooney said:

 

Fiona did well to capture a good expression on all three of us. My body? it's either a victim of wide-angle distortion . . . or I'm really that distorted. 🤫Hmm.

You  and the others all look great 😁

 

Carol

Link to post
Share on other sites

I got used to my iPhone 12 very quickly and thanks for all the tips on the other now deleted thread.  After many years of wondering what Icloud was all about and how it works, I have now got my head around it.  I can now restore/save/back up from iCloud with the best of them😄  I've had an iCloud account since it came out, before that I think it used to be called Mobile Me.  Never understood it - but hey ho I now do and find myself in the 21st century and happy to be here😄

 

Carol

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

 

Fiona did well to capture a good expression on all three of us. My body? it's either a victim of wide-angle distortion . . . or I'm really that distorted. 🤫Hmm.

 

Edo after seeing you in the flesh, so to speak, I can vouch that you are NOT distorted.

 

Allan

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

 

Fiona did well to capture a good expression on all three of us. My body? it's either a victim of wide-angle distortion . . . or I'm really that distorted. 🤫Hmm.

Not at all.......maybe she just had the camera set to Hemingway...........

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got email from infringement chasing team

that they charge minimum 5X normal rate.

This is good news & I hope they aim at

industry standard of 10X...

 

Now I need to post over at "Bad News

that 5X $Y.YY < $50US...

 

Edited by FocusUno
Link to post
Share on other sites

I made an appointment for my Pfizer booster shot. I decided not to wait for the big rush. They have just approved it for 65 and over plus a lot of other people. The schedule allows me a couple of days home if I don't feel well afterwards.

 

Paulette

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My son bought me a small rump roast to cook before he left for Alabama to a new job. The price of beef is out of sight here.

I just browned it, added potatoes, carrots, onion and seasonings and put it in the oven. I should smell something delicious before long.

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I walked home from a morning cat-sit in a place where it is easy to grab a bus but it is a beautiful day and I decided to enjoy the walk and pick up some fruit at the greenmarket on the way. My immediate area is rather sad with so many shops and restaurants closed due to the pandemic but I was coming through an area that looks to be thriving now. I came to an ice cream shop I've seen from the bus and was curious about. I figured it was expensive and, sure enough, $10 for 14oz. I tipped a dollar just to prove I can afford such a luxury. It was less expensive than the ice cream a certain politician had when she made the mistake of showing off her enormous (bigger than my kitchen) refrigerator full of goodies. Please don't pick up on this political reference. I don't want to be sorry I mentioned it. It was just a funny mistake for a politician to make. They don't live in our world.

 

Paulette

Edited by NYCat
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually found the flavor of ice cream that I prefer yesterday, which is hard to find. Black walnut. Other than vanilla for topping fruit pies and cobblers, that’s all I buy. Since it’s hard to find, I seldom have ice cream in my freezer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My morning 'Barista' job went well - flat white for herself and latte for me, using a Sage Barista Pro coffee machine and Velo BMX whole coffee beans.  Yum!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Colblimp said:

My morning 'Barista' job went well - flat white for herself and latte for me, using a Sage Barista Pro coffee machine and Velo BMX whole coffee beans.  Yum!

 

That is an expensive way to make your morning coffee.😔

 

I mean over £700 for the machine?

 

Allan

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

After two panicky tech days, I'm up and running again! 

 

My iPhone 7, just 4 years old, was misbehaving. I've read that many iPhones don't last longer 🤨. I bought a new iPhone 12 mini (the 13 is out now). I also went into THREE to ask about getting a WiFi modem and ended with a pocket-size mobile broadband unit. After 112 dumb mistakes, I can now get my M1 MacBook Air on the Web with both this mobile thing and my 12 mini Personal Hotspot. Yes, I still have problems to solve but I'm moving towards the light.

 

Edo, a 20th century lad

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Allan Bell said:

 

That is an expensive way to make your morning coffee.😔

 

I mean over £700 for the machine?

 

Allan

 

But over time it saves a shed load of money and the coffee is incredible. 😂

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Allan Bell said:

 

That is an expensive way to make your morning coffee.😔

 

I mean over £700 for the machine?

 

Allan

 

 

I think we all deserve a big treat at this point in our pandemic experience.

 

Paulette

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

 

. . . and on Mulberry Street, I could have somebody killed for £700.

Just the coffee then, please, Ed..........

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NYCat said:

 

I think we all deserve a big treat at this point in our pandemic experience.

 

Paulette

 

I agree Paulette and that is why I have been spending money like there is no tomorrow. Come to an end now though.

 

But as far as coffee goes, when I put a spoon in the jar to get out a few granules, put them in the mug and poor hot water on them followed by a drop of milk. Why would I want a machine to do that which costs over £700?

 

Allan

 

  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

 

I agree Paulette and that is why I have been spending money like there is no tomorrow. Come to an end now though.

 

But as far as coffee goes, when I put a spoon in the jar to get out a few granules, put them in the mug and poor hot water on them followed by a drop of milk. Why would I want a machine to do that which costs over £700?

 

Allan

 

You philistine! I wouldn't use instant coffee if you paid me.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.