September Challenge - Faces

Colin Woods

Its now late in the day on the 15th and as there is no sign of a new challenge from the winner the runner-up (me) will set it, as was discussed in the August voting thread.  The theme for the month is Faces. It could be formal portraits, travel shots of locals, mountain faces, anything that fits the theme of Faces. As ever the shots must be on Alamy and the challenge will close at midnight my time (EST) on the 30th September. I will pick my favourite eight from the entries and put up a poll for voting. In the event of the winner being unable to set up the new topic, the runner-up can set the topic on the 12th October (which gives the winner 5 days to set the new challenge).

Here are some to get you going

a-young-boy-6-yr-old-grimaces-while-being-face-painted-MYAJ44.jpg

A lad a bit nervous about getting face paint done

a-portrait-of-a-beautiful-smiling-four-year-old-girl-RBJ5E9.jpg

A very lovely face in my entirely biased opinion- my daughter.

a-rope-of-three-climbers-on-the-glacier-le-tour-dwarfed-by-the-aiguille-AYR4N7.jpg

The north face of the gorgeous Aiguille de Chardonnet

portrait-of-a-beautiful-2-yr-old-boy-looking-straight-into-the-camera-E6HTYJ.jpg

And of course I couldn't leave my lovely boy out. This was him at two years old.

Edited by Colin Woods
  • Love 1

My three.  Lots of good photos already posted.

Clock Repair Shop: Blond man working on a 1926 German-made church clock from Belen, Nicaragua. Stock Photo

German resident of Nicaragua working on a church clock in Jinotega, Nicaragua.

Shoemaker at work in Jinotega, Nicaragua Stock Photo

My cobbler working on my new shoe in Jinotega, NI.

Two young girls playing with a statue of a Conservation Corp worker in the Shenandoah National Park Stock Photo

Two teenagers getting fresh with a statue of a Civilian Conservation Corp worker in a visitor's Center on Skyline Drive in Shenandoah National Park. 

Oh for G's sake. I can't get a image into here. Everything seem to have so much protection on Alamy I can't drag and drop like I used to.

Please explain how you do it.

Allan

2 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Oh for G's sake. I can't get a image into here. Everything seem to have so much protection on Alamy I can't drag and drop like I used to.

Please explain how you do it.

Allan

I used to have no issues with Safari, but now have for a little while. 

Now have to use Chrome on the Mac's. I also had to use Chrome to setup my portfolio. 

Edited by sb photos