You know you are a Stock photgrapher when...

4 hours ago, Sultanpepa said:

You know when you're a stock photographer when, you're cut from live news upload. (like the Murphy's I'm not bitter😉

Sorry, but...amended, seeing as Alamy have closed the thread so I can't reply direct.

You know you are only a stock photographer.....when the people in the live news upload circle, tell you Alamy made a great decision by "(cleaning up the news feed) so that they can spend more time on getting the good images out to buyers". (c) Keith Douglas

NO! Sorry, all they had to do Keith was to send an e-mail along the lines of....."from the end of the month we are closing live news access to those photographers who regularly sell images"

Simple, end of rant

Chris

When you persist in refreshing your Net Revenue Sales Report Page every 20 minutes, even though you know it does not magically produce sales and, anyway, you only get an average of three days per month when anything actually appears 🙁

• Like 5

...when you wonder if the world needs another stock picture of an easter egg?

...when half an hour later you  wonder if the world needs another stock picture of half an easter egg?

...when  an hour later you  wonder if the world needs another stock picture of an empty easter egg box?

Edited by Mr Standfast
grammar
  • Love 1
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

One of the first things you do to go with your morning coffee is to go to your dashboard to see if you’ve sold anything.

Second thing is to check into the forum.

Yeah that’s me except i check for sales on my phone before I even get out of bed. 

When you ask friends to wear clothes with nice bright colors and no logos or writing on them when go out for a hike and carry a red umbrella even tho it is not raining.  Or when you ask your girlfriend to put on your brother's firefighter gear for some shots.😃

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

When you ask friends to wear clothes with nice bright colors and no logos or writing on them when go out for a hike and carry a red umbrella even tho it is not raining.  Or when you ask your girlfriend to put on your brother's firefighter gear for some shots.😃

Brilliant, that!

When you travel (drive) 1900 miles round trip for a family emergency, and when thing are calm for the moment, you go out and shoot the local flora. Actually a way to decompress and quit crying. A tranquilizer of sorts.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Sally said:

You tell your OH to carry on walking so you can have a model on the path.

That too.

Actually I've just checked and she's in about 3% of my sales, in whole or part, but the only one of her face is distorted through a beer glass.😉

On receipt of a Postal Ballot form you immediately pin it to the wall, photograph it and submit it to Alamy via the reportage route.

Only to discover a snag - despite last week's email saying you've been given access to the reportage route, you haven't! You still have to apply!  So my hopes of hitting the weekend papers are dashed.

Even though you make more money from digging up gold nuggets, found with a metal detector in the Victorian Goldfields...than shooting stock!..And yet you still persist in shooting pics for pennies...Ha that's Stock Fever 😳😄

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John Richmond said:

....you get a loathsome disease and regard it as an opportunity.

I had a bad attack of gout: got my home studio kit out and took pictures.  I have not sold any but my doctor asked for copies to show students....

• Love 2
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, ACC said:

When you keyword(tag) everything you see in your head when you don’t even have your camera with you.

also when sat at the computer you forget the keywords(tags) you originally thought of.

Oh no!  That's old age coming on.😞

Allan

• Love 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

also when sat at the computer you forget the keywords(tags) you originally thought of.

Oh no!  That's old age coming on.😞

Allan

For a few years I didn't even have to remember where I took them. Then Sony stole my GPS.

A frequent question from friends and family is "what on earth do you want to take a picture of that old  *?*?*?*?* for?  Closely followed by What is wrong with that last photo you took? as you insist on redoing something having checked it at 100% 

• Like 1

When you go into second-hand shops and immediately scan the room for cheap props.

When you nearly get knocked down by traffic because you are too busy concentrating on framing the shot

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jansos said:

When you go into second-hand shops and immediately scan the room for cheap props.

When you nearly get knocked down by traffic because you are too busy concentrating on framing the shot

I was trying to focus on a Nottingham tram last Sunday, Mrs Standfast shouted TRAM! I turned around to say "Yes, I know....." Only to have to get out of the way of another tram...

Good job I had new batteries in the hearing aids, otherwise the last thing going though my mind would have been 350th at f8. And that is when you know you are a stock photographer....

• Love 1
  • Like 1