You know you are a Stock photgrapher when...

6 hours ago, formerly snappyoncalifornia said:

You spend $6,000 on a new kit. Two weeks later you're shooting jpegs on auto exposure.

Should there be any spouses, partners, parents, children, debtors or any other entity with an interest in a photograpers expenditure be reading this post, please be aware this of course was a witty and ironic throw away line simply intended to entertain and tickle fellow photographers.

It is of course a well accepted truth that 2019 sensor technology with at least 4K video is essential for the 640X480 pictures we get published. Formerlysnappyoncalifonia should be commended on his frugality.

Edited by Mr Standfast
format - medium

2 hours ago, Mr Standfast said:

Should there be any spouses, partners, parents, children, debtors or any other entity with an interest in a photograpers expenditure be reading this post, please be aware this of course was a witty and ironic throw away line simply intended to entertain and tickle fellow photographers.

It is of course a well accepted truth that 2019 sensor technology with at least 4K video is essential for the 640X480 pictures we get published. Formerlysnappyoncalifonia should be commended on his frugality.

Wait.... you thought I was kidding?

• Love 2

11 minutes ago, Starsphinx said:

You walk around identifying plants, architecture styles, clothing, and goodness knows what else in your head - because you have learned all about them while keywording.  

So true. You end up earning more money than from stock photography by being on winning pub quiz teams because of the knowledge you've gained from keywording

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Ok, I’m going to refer to an image by Kay Roxby I saw reported as used today in the Guardian. You take a photo of the bowel cancer screening letter you receive.  😎

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Sally said:

Ok, I’m going to refer to an image by Kay Roxby I saw reported as used today in the Guardian. You take a photo of the bowel cancer screening letter you receive.  😎

My son broke his collar bone yesterday - I am giving it a couple of days for maximum bruising then I will be trying to get him to let me take photos - but I bet he doesn't

lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Starsphinx said:

My son broke his collar bone yesterday - I am giving it a couple of days for maximum bruising then I will be trying to get him to let me take photos - but I bet he doesn't

lol

Hope he gets well soon.

• Love 1