May 2019 Favourite Uploads

gvallee

6 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Still coming our smaller size than those above?

They seem to scale to the size of the window you're dragging from.

Mine nearly always end up squeezed or small so I usually take them from AIM.

My images do come out smaller but I like them that way. The big ones seem a bit smushed somehow. Not the correct proportions? Anyway, I think when you get the address pasted in the Insert other media you could try changing the "zooms" in the address to "comp". That might give you the bigger size. Not sure about that but it seems to me I've done that.

Paulette

14 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

They seem to scale to the size of the window you're dragging from.

Mine nearly always end up squeezed or small so I usually take them from AIM.

The images I posted were taken from AIM.

15 minutes ago, NYCat said:

My images do come out smaller but I like them that way. The big ones seem a bit smushed somehow. Not the correct proportions? Anyway, I think when you get the address pasted in the Insert other media you could try changing the "zooms" in the address to "comp". That might give you the bigger size. Not sure about that but it seems to me I've done that.

Paulette

Did try that in an earlier attempt but it did not work.

Allan

Relaying paving

T79HBJ.jpg

Well what do you know?  Changing zooms to comp worked this time round.

Thanks Paulette.

Allan

Just as a matter of interest I took the images posted above using a 24-70 lens on my Sony 7 mkII.  The lens was getting a trial after picking it up from being repaired. The images were all taken at an aperture of f4 by mistake.

ITMA

Edited by Allan Bell

16 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Tradition meets technology at Seville's  April Fair.

Did you happen to take images of these people?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-7015683/Queen-Maxima-daughters-look-stunning-vibrant-flamenco-dresses.html

https://www.newmyroyals.com/2019/05/dutch-royal-familiy-visited-april-fair.html

They are celebrating the fact that they met each other for the first time there 20 years ago, together with some of the friends that were present at the time. And with their kids.

wim

Mourning dove parent feeding crop milk to a youngster in our backyard. Mom and pop look the same and share parental duties, so no way to know which one it is.

mourning-dove-zenaida-macroura-parent-fe

• Love 2

I love the mourning doves. For a few years we had a lot in our NYC garden here but none so far this year. Even the sounds they make are beautiful. We do have a robin nest this year with babies. They are in an impossible place for pictures but maybe after they fledge they will be around for a while.

Paulette

• Like 2

Trumpeter swan and swamp. Poor photography weather in Toronto so I used Bridge to search through 30,620 images and found a 2 year old matching swamp background that I could combine with the newish swan foreground in photoshop. Notice reflection in eye matches background.

trumpeter-swan-olor-buccinator-cygnus-bu

• Love 1

On 11/05/2019 at 10:35, John Mitchell said:

Old age and youth

elderly-woman-and-man-sitting-on-a-bench

Love this composition.  La Vie en Rose and 2 seniors on the bench.  And the pigeon.   If anything could make it better, it would be the bikini girl in the middle for symmetry, now she is closer to woman in red cap.    Wish you many sales on this one ;=)

First image I uploaded exclusively to Alamy

athletic-male-climber-technical-climbing

Doubt it will sell because world is full of mtn climber butt shots, but just for the fun curious if exclusivity will have any impact.  This was at climbing wall above Grassi Lakes in Canmore, mid-May 2019.   F5.6, 1/80 exposure, ISO 160, handheld.  Canon EF 70-300mm F/4-5.6L IS USM Lens,   Canon 6D Mk 1 body.

Edited by Autumn Sky