May 2019 Favourite Uploads

gvallee

On 03/05/2019 at 08:56, VbFolly said:

Wild garlic alongside a stream in Hampshire, UK.

wild-garlic-also-called-ramsons-or-buckrams-allium-ursinum-wildflowers-in-hampshire-woodland-countryside-landscape-during-early-may-or-spring-T6T20K.jpg

Scotland is weeks behind in bluebells and wild garlic. I took a photo today of wild garlic that is only just beginning to flower. The bluebells are struggling to open.

presmennan-lake-east-lothian-scotland-un

Edited by Sally
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sally said:

Scotland is weeks behind in bluebells and wild garlic. I took a photo today of wild garlic that is only just beginning to flower. The bluebells are struggling to open.

presmennan-lake-east-lothian-scotland-un

The bluebells are coming to the end down south!

Two images, both taken last week of April, showing eye-catching Three Sisters Mountain landmark,  above town in Canmore - Canadian Rocky Mountains, at doorstep of Banff National Park.  

First is taken from Silvertip Golf Course on north side of Bow Valley.  Selective use of HDR toning in post-processing:

scenic-springtime-landscape-view-mountai

Second, taken few days after 1st one, is right by Trans-Canada Highway.  Wooden bridge in foreground is pedestrian footbridge over Cougar Creek (which incidentally caused lots of damage during historic 2013 floods).    Three Sisters -- originally called "Three Nuns" (Hope, Faith and Charity), because of while collar-like snow "necklace" -- are towering in right background.  Used bit of split-toning in post-processing trying to warm up the foreground and keep background blue and cold.

scenic-springtime-landscape-view-mountai

Neither image is sharpened -- think Alamy prefers to leave that to end customer. 

• Love 1

On 02/05/2019 at 09:53, gvallee said:

T6G2D7.jpg

T6G2D4.jpg

Hi Gen,  I see you are located at "Great Barrier Reef" is that what it looks like when the tide is out?😁

Allan

9 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Hi Gen,  I see you are located at "Great Barrier Reef" is that what it looks like when the tide is out?😁

Allan

What coral bleaching??

This is where I live

https://www.blurb.com/books/9387112-cairns

• Like 1

DAMN IT!!   I cannot get an image to post in here no matter which method I use. ie drag and drop or via insert other media.

How are you guys doing it?🤨

A rather disheartened Allan

Edited by Allan Bell

Go to the image in image manager. Enlarge it and right-click. Choose copy image address. In the Forum choose Insert other media and copy the image address. You can also right-click for the address in a lightbox.

Paulette

2 hours ago, NYCat said:

Go to the image in image manager. Enlarge it and right-click. Choose copy image address. In the Forum choose Insert other media and copy the image address. You can also right-click for the address in a lightbox.

Paulette

I have a question about that.   If I just do the above,  inserted image is smaller version. I.e:

T48HGM.jpg

Referenced URL (from Copy Image Location in AIM) was:  https://n1.alamy.com/zooms/f427e7aa-081c-4007-98ca-9d94bba1f287/T48HGM.jpg

However if I want to display full blown image, i.e:

nuestra-senora-de-la-caridad-spanish-col

Referenced URL to get full size was:   https://n1.alamy.com/comp/T48HGM/nuestra-senora-de-la-caridad-spanish-colonial-style-catholic-church-building-exterior-in-city-of-camaguey-cuba-T48HGM.jpg

But I had to construct it manually by finding my own image (as a customer would), then parse URL as right mouse click -> copy image location does not work for obvious reasons, and then construct above URL from page itself.

This is rather convoluted process & I am sure there is easier way?

5 minutes ago, Autumn Sky said:

as right mouse click -> copy image location does not work for obvious reasons

Try pressing the shift key when you right click?

wim

• Like 1

18 hours ago, NYCat said:

Paulette

I was doing that method but the image would not load. will try again.

Allan

2 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Drag and drop between windows- easier if you have 2 monitors.

Oriental lady posing for photo in front of Kings college Cambridge 2019 Stock Photo

You don't need two monitors, just open another tab and minimize the size so it makes it easy to drag the image over to the other tab.  I do this in Chrome.

1 hour ago, NYCat said:

Hmmmm. I wonder what happened. This takes me to the preview page. Did you start from the Image Manager? Did you choose "Insert image from URL" in the Insert other media menu? Did the address seem to copy correctly? When i do it on my image the address looks like this...

https://n1.alamy.com/zooms/e0ed031a-b5d9-4100-a44a-4945193776b4/P9JWNJ.jpg

Paulette

Thank you Paulette. I was sure I deleted that post. I open another window on my iMac open Alamy put the code in for the image and copy URL from there.

Allan

1 hour ago, Michael Ventura said:

You don't need two monitors, just open another tab and minimize the size so it makes it easy to drag the image over to the other tab.  I do this in Chrome.

I used to open another window then drag the image over to the forum from there but it doesn't seem to work now.

Allan

Inspecting photo on phone.

T79HBH.jpg

Finally sussed it, Thanks guys and gals.

Another one

Asian man taking photo of Asian woman.

T79HB9.jpg

Wheeee! Now we're cooking on gas.

Allan

Still coming our smaller size than those above?

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Like 1