18 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

That may be because a lot of us on here, and possibly you included, are not submitting images via the News channel.

While a lot of the 'surge' image sales are from LiveNews submissions, the majority are still general stock......in my experience.

YMMV

km

12 hours ago, Phil Robinson said:

Without going into detail, how's you month going so far? - I need to hear someone is doing well.

Very slow start - which is why I began this thread - but it's picked up over the last week, and looks like being a fair average month for me

Alex

8 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Yay! Had a surge today of ZOOMs.:(

Allan

Oddly enough, me too!

21 zooms of the same subject (Tsuu T'ina  First Nation) using the keyword tsuu.

First time anything like that has happened to me. My CTR went through the roof:)

Rick

Normal month. Surge in sales mid month. Second surge in sales end of month.

Sales departments in any business tend to be under pressure at these times of the month and are likely to call in pending sales. How is the month shaping up at mid month? How is the month turning out at end of month?

1 hour ago, Craig Yates said:

Just had my 11th personal use sale drop in. Not the kind of surge i wanted. PU licenses are unfortunately on the increase.They are set too cheap and the price should be increased.

Craig.

Or the order of the price list should be changed with the default being the most expensive and appearing at the top so people do actually scroll down and read what they are buying

No surge here. Two sales, one a $$$, and one a distributor, higher $ My share. Yet still more $ this month than the  $ of the 4 I had last month.

It’s not so mich about how many licenses, but the amount they bring. One good one is worth 10 piddling ones.

Betty

8 hours ago, Craig Yates said:

Just had my 11th personal use sale drop in. Not the kind of surge i wanted. PU licenses are unfortunately on the increase.They are set too cheap and the price should be increased.

Craig.

PU licenses do appear to be surging. I had two show up today, one full price ($19.99) and the second for much less with the usage terms in German.

Well i've had 2 PU sales only for this month...both were distributor sales and $11 gross total before deductions :( both images were more suited to a commercial use being a cement truck..and a shipping container on the back of a semi trailer....Ahh well no real joy in those sales for me, just hoping something better will happen soonish :)

1 hour ago, mickfly said:

Quiet for me this month especially after opting out of PU, but my second sale of the month is from the BBC, website use, very low $, so maybe I should have kept PU.

Yes, sad to say compared to some sales, including websites and national newspapers, PU sales can look relatively lucrative

14 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

Still only 1 sale this month, the PU sale which shouldn't have happened because I'm opted out of PU!  Not a great start to the year...

My UKNS sales have now been added to by a PU, for a value which is the largest of the day (thus far). Would you not reconsider your decision based on current pricing?

1 hour ago, RedSnapper said:

14 editiorial website / online usages came in today...but the fees are nothing to get excited about

km

Just The Times so far, it appears. Still waiting on a pile from The Sun.

5 hours ago, Avpics said:

My UKNS sales have now been added to by a PU, for a value which is the largest of the day (thus far). Would you not reconsider your decision based on current pricing?

No.  The amount of PU sales which clearly aren't for PU is appalling.  I won't be taken for a ride.

Archived