Honestly, I don't understand all these posts, month after month, where lots of people is complaining about a "dry month", "slow month", etc. 

Especially, when you discover, then, in the "how was your month" posts, that the month was ok or great for the majority of members!  :huh:

It's only Jan. 11th today, guys! Let's wait a couple of weeks more before giving a final verdict about how really was the month! ;)

3 minutes ago, stipe said:

Honestly, I don't understand all these posts, month after month, where lots of people is complaining about a "dry month", "slow month", etc. 

Especially, when you discover, then, in the "how was your month" posts, that the month was ok or great for the majority of members!  :huh:

It's only Jan. 11th today, guys! Let's wait a couple of weeks more before giving a final verdict about how really was the month! ;)

+1

It's a dry year!

;-)

It's not a dry month btw. Just business as usual.

You know the one about buses, right?

wim

My first sale of 2019 was my image PW0XRK  sold for Presentation or newsletters, Use in a presentation/talk. A panoramic image for such use! Yeah, sure, presentation or talk!!! 
If only I could opt out from this authentic scam called "PU"! :(

No sales since Oct/ Nov.  One zoom in January.

But, then again, I make more from one direct sale than an entire year on Alamy.  With the latest commission debacle, it's become clear that Alamy will only ever be pocket money and (more importantly) free promotion.  So not crying into my cornflakes about it all.

If its any consilation I had a £92 sale of an image right of the begining of Jan and I am the king of complainers. So anything is possible and yes, I might become more possitive. 

The 3 ghosts did it all in one night!

On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 09:02, Simon said:

What I need  right now is the weather to go downhill ..grey skies, no wind, mild temperatures and flat sea doesn't work for dramatic news pix.

Absolutely flat calm sea may get the odd decent sunset or sunrise but nothing like a good storm and somebody else misery to get some news pics. 

4 hours ago, aphperspective said:

Absolutely flat calm sea may get the odd decent sunset or sunrise but nothing like a good storm and somebody else misery to get some news pics. 

Can’t wait for the return of the Beast from the East ;)

4 hours ago, Pekka Liukkonen said:

My dry season started last September. Everything stopped totally, zooms and sales.
My sales were evolving quite nicely but after  September just drought.
I emailed to Alamy to ask some question of this. All I got was automated replies. Are there any living souls left there...

31 minutes ago, Pekka Liukkonen said:

Thanks!

I´m about to quit Alamy after all the years. Maybe I´ll leave the images that I already uploaded to fill the servers.

If that was the response you had on e-mailing Alamy about this on several occasions, then although it is the Xmas season and New Year and therefore busy, it would reflect a rather sad state of affairs for how Alamy is viewing its contributors these days . 

:(

Kumar

Archived