As I'm typing this I'm having to avoid the tumbleweed which is blowing past me.  That's how quiet it is.  Views and zooms are down, sales are non-existent.  However, I'm hoping for a few sales to drop in at the end of the month.  Whether that happens remains to be seen.

5 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

As I'm typing this I'm having to avoid the tumbleweed which is blowing past me.  That's how quiet it is.  Views and zooms are down, sales are non-existent.  However, I'm hoping for a few sales to drop in at the end of the month.  Whether that happens remains to be seen.

Things must be bad Colblimp as you used to tell me off ( politley) for being negative in the forums. 

Just now, Marb said:

Things must be bad Colblimp as you used to tell me off ( politley) for being negative in the forums. 

Oh, I didn't realised it came across as me telling you off.  Apologies, in no way did I mean it like that.  I was trying to be positive.  I feel really bad now... :(

On 18/12/2018 at 11:18, Colblimp said:

Oh, I didn't realised it came across as me telling you off.  Apologies, in no way did I mean it like that.  I was trying to be positive.  I feel really bad now... :(

Only kidding. It is hard thought to look to any positive future so I am with you 100% unless a miracle is around the corner. I just wish I could see the world through Pollyanna eyes.

Dead as the proverbial dodo, and has been since October. Still it renders all the discussion about 50% or 40% somewhat academic as 40% of nothing is still a big fat zero. The way things are at the moment I'd take 40% and roll a of the dice on a re-rank, just to give me a sniff of a sale of any kind.

3 hours ago, Marb said:

Utterly diabolical.Worst month of the year with not a single sale. With the % drop it looks to be a depressing 2019. As it stands, The future is bleak.

We're doomed... doomed... I tell you ! Image result for we're doomed doomed i tell you

It's still early days yet, maybe a rash of sales is just around the corner.

45 minutes ago, andremichel said:

But if you go exclusive you'll get to keep 50%. 

You don’t have to “go” exclusive, you get 50% on images you choose to  make exclusive as long as they are only available at Alamy ( not including private sales/prints)

42 minutes ago, Marb said:

You don’t have to “go” exclusive, you get 50% on images you choose to  make exclusive as long as they are only available at Alamy ( not including private sales/prints)

Tell me something I don't know. 

7 hours ago, kay said:

I've just looked back and I had a couple of newspaper sales last year show on the 27 December, so fingers crossed there will be be some :)

Yes I had 22nd, 27th then 2nd Jan which would seem to indicate that they're only closed for the actual holiday dates.

Archived