22 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

After a very slow month, three sales popped up today and one yesterday.

Has the end-of-month surge arrived in your neighbourhood?

No (not yet?!)

One newspaper sale yesterday, none today (so far?!); no calendar sales for any price.

Living in hope!

OK I know that if you download the sales report you get sales in real time
But people keep talking about sales "popping up" at all different times as if they have some notification going that pings them when a sale happens

Am I missing something or do people keep checking their sales report download throughout the day

PS this is of more future interest to me as my grand total sales so far is, er, 1.  However, that is in less than the six months and with fewer than the 800 images markers I had set myself so no complaints - its just an end of month surge for me would be 1 sale somewhen in the next 3 days and I am not really expecting it lol.

2 minutes ago, Starsphinx said:

OK I know that if you download the sales report you get sales in real time
But people keep talking about sales "popping up" at all different times as if they have some notification going that pings them when a sale happens

Am I missing something or do people keep checking their sales report download throughout the day

PS this is of more future interest to me as my grand total sales so far is, er, 1.  However, that is in less than the six months and with fewer than the 800 images markers I had set myself so no complaints - its just an end of month surge for me would be 1 sale somewhen in the next 3 days and I am not really expecting it lol.

By "popping up," I meant invoiced today as per the sales report. They won't show up in my sales history until the next server update at 6pm (PST).

36 minutes ago, Bryan said:

A couple popped in this morning, but no newspaper sales as yet. They are the nearest I ever get to a surge, actually usually more like a  dribble....

Same for me. One day there may be an avalanche!! Nice to have a couple of sales though.

Jim :)

57 minutes ago, Starsphinx said:

...... do people keep checking their sales report download throughout the day

Yes. It becomes addictive!

Three yesterday and three today, none of which are news uses so I'm hoping they'll be coming in too this week.

2 hours ago, Avpics said:

Yes. It becomes addictive!

Three yesterday and three today, none of which are news uses so I'm hoping they'll be coming in too this week.

I guess I need to keep working to get my port numbers up then - as I doubt checking it multiple times a day to find no sales is addictive lol

1 hour ago, Starsphinx said:

I guess I need to keep working to get my port numbers up then - as I doubt checking it multiple times a day to find no sales is addictive lol

You’ll only need one to become addicted to it. 😎 Same phenomenon that keeps gamblers going - infrequent rewards reinforce behaviour much better than frequent ones.

15 hours ago, Colblimp said:

The only thing surging is my stress levels - on a measly 3 for the month for a piffling amount of cash!

Snap.

Average price is now below what I will accept and keep uploading.

On top of that a PU refund that was a dubious PU sale in the first place.

20 minutes ago, Stokie said:

My surge of 1 today was a book sale (only $$) so standing by for the flood tomorrow and Friday!

John.

My 1 sale surge today not up to that standard, only a $ event.  Anticipating end of week with great eagerness....

Archived