Hi Marb,

Just my two cents worth....

an-old-abandoned-steam-boiler-in-timber-

If someone wanted an image for the following (your suggestions) 

Vintage steam engine articles

Articles on restoration

Articles on rust

Articles on abandoned industrial buildings

etc..etc..etc..

Why would they want a black and white image "HDR styled" image? Wouldn't they be looking for a more "factual" image that illustrated any of those more effectively? It could however perhaps sell for an article in a photo magazine about black and white or HDR processing? Suggest deleting keywords like rivet, rivets, wheel, dial, dials, brick, pump from this image to reduce false hits which will damage your ranking. I like the image, but it's more "arty" than editorial. That's not to say it won't sell on Alamy, it's just that the chances are much, much lower. I've got quite a few "arty" images on Alamy myself, but in general they are a waste of time (I'm still learning). So I'm now trying to sell those elsewhere.

This on the other hand has recently sold on Alamy, to illustrate rust and corrosion in an educational book.

large-ruddy-brown-rusty-cast-iron-corrod

Mark

13 hours ago, M.Chapman said:

Hi Marb,

Just my two cents worth....

an-old-abandoned-steam-boiler-in-timber-

If someone wanted an image for the following (your suggestions) 

Vintage steam engine articles

Articles on restoration

Articles on rust

Articles on abandoned industrial buildings

etc..etc..etc..

Why would they want a black and white image "HDR styled" image? Wouldn't they be looking for a more "factual" image that illustrated any of those more effectively? It could however perhaps sell for an article in a photo magazine about black and white or HDR processing? Suggest deleting keywords like rivet, rivets, wheel, dial, dials, brick, pump from this image to reduce false hits which will damage your ranking. I like the image, but it's more "arty" than editorial. That's not to say it won't sell on Alamy, it's just that the chances are much, much lower. I've got quite a few "arty" images on Alamy myself, but in general they are a waste of time (I'm still learning). So I'm now trying to sell those elsewhere.

This on the other hand has recently sold on Alamy, to illustrate rust and corrosion in an educational book.

large-ruddy-brown-rusty-cast-iron-corrod

Mark

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions. I can see I accidently copied those inappropriate keywords from another similar image so I will address that now. Cheers.

• 1 month later...

I'm showing over 20 zooms for the rolling month, but I haven't a single sale.  Lately, its as if Alamy holds my licenses until the last week of the month, then they come rolling in.

While the first couple of weeks of August was horrible, it got better late.

Hold that thought....hold that thought....

Betty

Don't know if it'll make you feel better, but I haven't seen a single sale for 2 (two) months...

Yes, something is definitely going wrong here! :blink: Even zooms and views fallen down to the ground... And no, it's not normal at all :wacko:

2 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Lately, its as if Alamy holds my licenses until the last week of the month, then they come rolling in.

While the first couple of weeks of August was horrible, it got better late.

Hold that thought....hold that thought....

Betty

I've also noticed for the past couple months that I seem to have sales during the first week, and then nothing or close to nothing until the last week. Then they come in during the last week two or three at a time.

Sales numbers have been about average but many of my sales don't show as zooms. 

Take heart, Jill. We are not yet half way through the month.

I have 4 sales and 35 zooms showing at the moment. August was 4 sales in total, but I still have an average of 8 a month in 2017. I feel good about that. If I have something to frown about, it's that I've not had a sale above $100 in a long time. I like seeing zooms, but zooms don't turn into sales that often. 

I'm sure that a lot of you will be seeing more sales in the second half of this month. Good luck.

Edo

I have 4 sales and 35 zooms showing at the moment. August was 4 sales in total, but I still have an average of 8 a month in 2017. I feel good about that. If I have something to frown about, it's that I've not had a sale above $100 in a long time. I like seeing zooms, but zooms don't turn into sales that often. 

Your NY shots look great!

I was beginning to despair too.  A $15 sale on the first and then nothing.  Until yesterday.  A fall scene for $450.  Haven't seen those in a while. 

Then three more sales today, one also a Fall scene for $250.  I wish those were more regular.

9 minutes ago, Reimar said:

I was beginning to despair too.  A $15 sale on the first and then nothing.  Until yesterday.  A fall scene for $450.  Haven't seen those in a while. 

Then three more sales today, one also a Fall scene for $250.  I wish those were more regular.

Hey, stop it: this is the moaning thread! ;):lol: Positive news elsewhere, please! :)

Archived