So now that I said I only get reported sales at the beginning and end of the month, two dropped in today. Maybe I should say this everyday ;)

FWIW September is an odd month on this side of the pond because we have so many "holidays," like Labor Day, Primary Day, Sept 11th Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur, that aren't observed on the usual Mondays.

On 9/14/2017 at 00:05, Reimar said:

I was beginning to despair too.  A $15 sale on the first and then nothing.  Until yesterday.  A fall scene for $450.  Haven't seen those in a while. 

Then three more sales today, one also a Fall scene for $250.  I wish those were more regular.

Hi Reimar,

was this fall scene a RM or RM shot?

I've seen from your first 3 pages you're sticking with RF for all pics expect the ones with people where you use RM. Am i right?

Are you selling RFs just here or arent you worried about other places micro prices selling?

Edited by KODAKovic
5 hours ago, KODAKovic said:

Hi Reimar,

was this fall scene a RM or RM shot?

I've seen from your first 3 pages you're sticking with RF for all pics expect the ones with people where you use RM. Am i right?

Are you selling RFs just here or arent you worried about other places micro prices selling?

The first was a RM shot for the front cover of a book.  The second was RF and a generic landscape in the same area (Vermont).

Your right about my preference for the simplicity of RF where possible.  Your last line seems to be making some assumptions that don't follow.  I am concerned about micro prices for RF and RM images both here and at several other libraries that don't involve the term "micro".

29 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

After a great month last month (August), September has stumbled off the starting blocks for me :(.   Plenty of zooms but no action!

I find that to often be the case, a particularly good month is followed by a not-so-good one.

Sale #5 showed up today, so I'm now officially halfway to my monthly average of 10 sales. This has been the magic number for about two years. Sometimes I think it's voodoo. Not complaining, though. There are much worse scenarios.

• Upvote 2
22 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

I find that to often be the case, a particularly good month is followed by a not-so-good one.

Sale #5 showed up today, so I'm now officially halfway to my monthly average of 10 sales. This has been the magic number for about two years. Sometimes I think it's voodoo. Not complaining, though. There are much worse scenarios.

Yes, it does seem to see-saw like that.  Sales are trickling in but most are low value, none over $100. 

23 hours ago, John Richmond said:

9 sales so far this month and 17 zooms so, with only half the month gone, I'm not complaining about things being slow in September.

Similar story here, another "steady as she goes" type of month - 26 zooms, 8 sales, one of which was a healthy 3 figure sale..... 

On 9/15/2017 at 08:32, Michael Ventura said:

After a great month last month (August), September has stumbled off the starting blocks for me :(.   Plenty of zooms but no action!

Just the opposite for me, August was the slowest month of the year with September being the best month of the year in terms of $$ and sales numbers.  

Finally...first sale of the month came in for a nice $100.  I hope this means the cork is out of the bottle. And it was zoomed in the last couple of weeks.  So sales definitely can come in shortly after a zoom.

Edited to add, this shot is one of opportunity.  I came upon somebody doing something, and took several shots.

Edited by Betty LaRue
add text
2 hours ago, Colblimp said:

Very slow month - the first 2 sales appeared this morning for a pathetic $7.51 gross each.  Why do I bother?!!!

'cos you know that another shot of a popular Royal is just around the corner? ;):)