I only have two stars and I've never failed qc.. I wondered about this also, it would be good to know what you have to do to get three stars..

I only have two stars and I've never failed qc.. I wondered about this also, it would be good to know what you have to do to get three stars..

Possible due to your low image submissions.  There is probably a standard of number of images passed, or number of submissions passed to get to the three stars.  Doesn't seem to make a lot of difference.

Jill

I have 344 subs, about 320 passes and only one star. Go figure, as they say.

I would think that is a high failure rate.  You probably need to go x number of submissions without a fail to improve your rating. I know it has greatly improved for you over the past year. 

I had one failure at the beginning of my submissions and never one since.  I have 3 stars. Over 150 submissions.

Although people have posted that they have never had a fail, yet only have 2 stars.  That doesn't make any sense unless they submit a lot of images per submission and the star rating is based on # of submissions, not # of images.

Jill

I would think that is a high failure rate.  You probably need to go x number of submissions without a fail to improve your rating. I know it has greatly improved for you over the past year. 

I had one failure at the beginning of my submissions and never one since.  I have 3 stars. Over 150 submissions.

Although people have posted that they have never had a fail, yet only have 2 stars.  That doesn't make any sense unless they submit a lot of images per submission and the star rating is based on # of submissions, not # of images.

Jill

1 fail out of the last 87.

98.8%.

As it has no effect on QC time I conclude it's of no significance and if I could Tippex over it I would.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Upvote 1

292 submissions, no failures to date, 3 stars.  I've uploaded small numbers on a regular basis during my three years with Alamy.

I've just been promoted to three stars - many submissions recently (10 this year) but some blunders two or more years ago - the most recent one I really kicked myself. So my latest submission (first after going three)  is taking longer - does that still herald failure !?!

John Crellin

I've just been promoted to three stars - many submissions recently (10 this year) but some blunders two or more years ago - the most recent one I really kicked myself. So my latest submission (first after going three)  is taking longer - does that still herald failure !?!

John Crellin

Mine is taking longer too.  I hope it's not a failure.

John Crellin

Mine is taking longer too.  I hope it's not a failure.

I doubt it. There seems to be a bit of a QC slow down this week. It happens. 

I have 3.5 stars with QC. Okay okay, that number might be part of my fantasy life. 

Edited by Ed Rooney

I only have two stars but no real "failures". However, a few times I submitted smaller than acceptable images and they called it a partial failure. The funny thing is that if you submit via web and an image is too small, it simply does not get uploaded and there is no "partial failure". Go figure.

I noticed this today too.. 3 out of 3 for me.. If there's some with only 1 star here yet still get over night approvals, i wonder what it takes to see a slowdown in approval speed?

Please, excuse my ignorance, but isn't it better and easier to ask Alamy what the stars mean instead guessing? :)

• Upvote 1

I've got 2 stars and I just recently started here at Alamy. It's 17 submissions so far and 4 of them failed :)