Your QC Rank is...

I've looked for an answer for this, but can't seem to find anything... I've notice on my dashboard (top left) I have a bit of new information,  I now have a "Your QC Rank is" followed by some stars, but without knowing the range of stars available it really doesn't tell me much. I have 3, is that 3 out of 3, or 3 out of ten? I'm sure this must have been discussed before, but I don't use the forum much and I will have missed it. Thank you in advance for your patience. R.

• Like 3

How does one achieve 3 of three? I've never had a submission fail and I've got two stars. Just wondering?  :wacko:

Not sure on their criteria.  I have 3 stars, but I think as long as your images are passing quickly, it really doesn't matter that much.  Maybe it's based on number of passed submissions, so if you have a lot of small submissions you have a better chance than someone who may have the same size port but fewer submissions as they had more images in each submission.

Jill

How does one achieve 3 of three? I've never had a submission fail and I've got two stars. Just wondering?  :wacko:

Maybe it's also down to frequency of the submissions?

It's the only thing I can think of but that begs the other question of "How often do you need to submit to gain three stars"?

Not sure on their criteria.  I have 3 stars, but I think as long as your images are passing quickly, it really doesn't matter that much.  Maybe it's based on number of passed submissions, so if you have a lot of small submissions you have a better chance than someone who may have the same size port but fewer submissions as they had more images in each submission.

Jill

Most of my images were submitted in max of 40 a a time so don't think it can be that? Not that it matters as long as they pass but it would be nice to know the criteria.

Jill

Most of my images were submitted in max of 40 a a time so don't think it can be that? Not that it matters as long as they pass but it would be nice to know the criteria.

I've made 12 submissions since the start of January... and I have 3 stars.

I tend to submit little and often... my largest submission out of those 12 was 15 images. And there are a number of single image submissions. This is partly down to the time I have available to me for taking pictures and then editing them.

Maybe it's also down to frequency of the submissions?

It's the only thing I can think of but that begs the other question of "How often do you need to submit to gain three stars"?

I don't think that is it as last year I only added 100 images in 4 submissions.  Have done 3 submissions so far this year though.

Jill

Maybe it also takes into account how long you have been submitting and also the number of submissions.  I have three stars and have been submitting since 2010 with a couple of early fails.

4113 images over five and a half years with no failures or rejections.

• Like 1

I've got 2 stars and I've been submitting since 2006 with one failure 9 or 10 years ago. Sometimes Quality Control must need to exercise judgement over whether an image should pass or fail. Perhaps it's not only fails that influence a contributor's rank - perhaps a history of marginal passes is also taken into account. You often see photographers saying that their images sailed through QC but we actually have no way of knowing how close any of us is to a fail.

• Like 1