How was your March 2014?

How was your March?

I had my best month ever for sales (10) and value ($503 gross) :D

I know this is small beer compared to some of you but i'm pleased i'm heading in the right direction!

John.

Congrats to John and Peter, hope springs etc....

Can't complain too bitterly with 17 sales bringing in $364 gross, but lots of twopenny newspaper web deals. Disappointed at a $25 fee for a printed image used in two editions of a national paper.

Sign of the times -  a RF image that licensed for $400, bringing me $200, in 2009, sold for $73 in March giving me $29. It was of a lower resolution, but, relatively, a much bigger difference in the fee.

Best sale $95 of an American subject adding weight to my impression that the US market is a good deal more buoyant than that in the UK, or maybe the US sales team try harder?

In short, lousy.  No sales and very low zooms.

Longer: following the re-rank, I saw my rank clearly increase.  Despite my scepticism surrounding BHZ, I went up 8 pages in the game (page 16 to 8), and this coincided with an increase in my page views and seemingly higher placings on pages.  Even so, while my views went up (the majority relevant), the zooms dropped markedly and the sales...stopped.

I couldn't believe this morning-  thought there must be an error in Alamy Measures at first and very nearly started a thread about it - not one view for yesterday!  Seriously beginning to wonder why I bother.

EDIT: there was an error (April Fools'?  ha, ha, ha :angry:) in Alamy Measures - now getting 82 views for yesterday.  No zooms or sales though.

POO r    5 sales for $279.

Bryan  "Disappointed at a $25 fee for a printed image used in two editions of a national paper"

I had the same disappointment as Bryan 

Usage: Editorial
Media: Newspaper - national
Print run: up to 750,000
Placement: Inside and online
Image Size: 1/4 page
Start: 01 January 2014
End: 02 January 2014

Regards

Craig

21 sales total with the highest sale grossing $450.  Best month since September 2011! :P  I'm off to the Ferrari showroom.................. (I wish!) :wacko:

42 for an average of just over $50 gross - best - $180; in newspaper scheme, not in NU; back to the norm after what was for me a fairly dismal February

Kumar

Poor for me. Low sales - 15 instead of an average of 20 - and prices down - total of $720 instead of $1200 - for the second month in a row. How are other big volume sellers - Keith, Jeff - finding average prices? Are they holding steady for you? I hope so and I am just having a couple of low months.

Col

I was pleasantly surprised this morning to find an additional sale (after checking before going to bed last night).  That makes 3 images licensed for the month at $130 gross.

That's not the best in value, but last year at this time I was about 3 months into a no sales drought that continued to last through most of the summer here at Alamy.  That makes me pleased given the alternative.

Well my March was the best ever. I just noticed I sold one image and it is my first image sold on Alamy.   :)

But....I am new to Stock and I just joined Alamy the end of January and I am only at 67 images uploaded so far.

I will just keep plugging away and adding images.

-Tim 

Archived