How was your June 2024?

I'm calling it, can't see much licensing on Sunday afternoon. A lower side average month for fees and license numbers, completely rescued by a $158 sale. 16 for $271, 23 zooms, CTR 0.51.

Only 3 images over $$ gross. So halfway through the year and I'm on almost exactly half of my licenses and fees for last year. Ticking along, but kind of disappointing; I've seen a positive correlation over the last few years with increasing my portfolio size, but that doesn't seem to the case anymore. Still, 6 months to go, things could change...

Steve

Edited by Steve F
  • Love 2
  • Like 1

45 licenses for $740 gross/ $290 net. About average for number of sales, but lower than average revenue. One license was just into $$$.

The month was greatly improved by 4 infringement fees that totalled a little over $300 net and had already cleared, so I should be getting a better than usual payment this month.

• Love 2
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

42 for $1529

All 42 sold images are on view on my homepage - I thought that might be helpful to others.

www.geographyphotos.com

I'm thinking of writing a blog about June's photography income from all sources as a  midyear snapshot of how it goes for this 'geography teacher with a camera'.

Any interest in that?

Yes, that would be interesting.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, geogphotos said:

42 for $1529

All 42 sold images are on view on my homepage - I thought that might be helpful to others.

www.geographyphotos.com

I'm thinking of writing a blog about June's photography income from all sources as a  midyear snapshot of how it goes for this 'geography teacher with a camera'.

Any interest in that?

Great idea.  If you can name names, we'll know the sources your talking about.  I think more of that would be useful here, but as you know - Verboten.

As for my June, it's the highest this year (not saying much): 8 sales for $418 gross/$193 net.

Edited by Reimar
  • Love 1
  • Like 3

Dire…..just one sale for a miserable $4.85 gross. I know there is another one of my images used in the Guardian in the middle of June but it hasn’t been reported yet.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Started really slow for me and the sales $ were very low, then from mid month things picked up, 7 sales for $481.84 gross,

lowest was $2.05 highest was $300+ I’m at 50% of last years sales and 80% of last years money, so very pleased overall.

Edited by Normspics
  • Love 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, geogphotos said:

42 for $1529

www.geographyphotos.com

Any interest in that?

Another yes vote!

Fairly average month for me with 14 licenses for $372 gross. No $$$ to report. At the midpoint of the year, sales are up somewhat and revenue is about the same as it was at this time in 2023.

• Love 1
  • Like 4

22 for $385 gross $153 net.

Mean gross $17.5 Mean net $6.98

Best, TV lease for $145 gross, not seen one of them for a while !

• Love 1
  • Like 4

22 sales for $471.

Slightly less sales volumes but higher income than 2023 mid-year.

Edited by gvallee
  • Love 1
  • Like 4

20 for $962, including four $$$ sales, plus $72 infringement. Good month. First half of 2024, number of sales and $ both are way passed first half of 2023.

• Love 1
  • Like 5