WHAT CAMERA IS EVERYONE USING?

Resolute Inc

Question

Hey, 

New in the community. I use the zony zv-e10.

I tried to upload a few shots yet there were rejected.

What camera is everyone using sony besides the sony zv-e10 that also allows uploads. 

Regards,

Sony RX100-3
Sony RX100VII

Fuji XT-4 with interchangeable lenses

The Fuji on a deliberate shoot, the Sonys to have with me while shopping & I see something interesting. Also on family gatherings I use the Sony the most, indoors & outdoors.

Edited by Betty LaRue

EV10 is a vlogging camera, but should have sufficient quality images for passing Alamy QC. See Mr Standfast's links above.

Answer to your question, Sony A7iii

Nikon Z6 ll with 24-70 f4 kit lens + 70-200 f2,8 ED, 14-24 f2,8 ED and ftz adaptor.

I still have the first digital camera I bought, a Nikon D90 with the 18-105 kit lens. It does get used occasionally and is good enough to satisfy Alamy QC.

Edited by Dave Richards
added text

On 13/04/2024 at 12:15, Resolute Inc said:

Hey, 

New in the community. I use the zony zv-e10.

I tried to upload a few shots yet there were rejected.

What camera is everyone using sony besides the sony zv-e10 that also allows uploads. 

Regards,

The EV-10 shouldn't pose issues with Alamy's QC and it should give you reason(s) why I'm sure. It's no different from the A6400 other than no EVF.

I currently use a Canon R7 and Panasonic DC-GH5M2. Both use kit lenses. 

The ZV-E10 is a Sony a6100 with some extra video and vlogging stuff. APS-C sensor.

So it's not the camera.

Current gear:

Every Day Carry: RX100 V and VI.

Regular camera: A7RII.

Renting on occasions: A7RIV.

The older part of my portfolio on Alamy was shot on EOS 1DS II and III.

The oldest images are scanned analog 35mm slides.

wim

I currently use the Sony a6000 and earlier NEX-6 cameras. Both are fine for Alamy, so it doesn't sound as if your camera is the issue. I also use Sony kit lenses for the most and have no problems with QC. All modern lenses -- even inexpensive ones -- can produce sharp pictures, you just have to get to know their limitations, etc.

Edited by John Mitchell

Currently I use 2 Nikon D500's, 2 Nikon D750's and a Sony RX100 Mk 7 and a variety of lenses for  the Nikon's. Today I just have a single D500 with me, along with 16-80mm and 10-24mm lenses, traveling light. Usually its the cameras with small sensors that can create issues.

Your camera is absolutely fine for Alamy, 24MP APS-C, a very good choice.  Unless you are desperate to replace it anyway you might be better asking contributors@alamy.com if they know why your images didn't pass QC, it won't be the camera and if it is then someone has made a mistake. It does happen.

Currently all old NIKON D800s

Glass from 16mm to 300 mostly 2.8 zooms.  Have a few old NIKKOR primes in a box...

Have a couple of very old CANON G9s that I've been using for skiing, but probably going

to replace them with SONY RX???? (even though I hate SONY and yes, I know they made 

the sensors in the NIKONs.) 

But my most important pieces of equipment are my old CANON FS 4000 film scanners.

Use them often.

Chuck

Edited by Chuck Nacke
grammer

14 hours ago, Dave Richards said:

I still have the first digital camera I bought, a Nikon D90 with the 18-105 kit lens. It does get used occasionally and is good enough to satisfy Alamy QC.

I joined Alamy whilst using a D90 and at that time it only just met the file size requirement, so any amount of cropping of an image resulted in a failure - since changed. Currently using very battered D750 and D610.

I agree, I don't think the ZV-E10 should be preventing you from getting through QC. 

To answer about what I currently use: Fujifilm X-T5, Leica Q2 monochrom, Leica M10. In the past, Nikon D100 and Nikon D2x and, way back, scanned slides. 

Edited by Mark Scheuern

11 hours ago, Avpics said:

I joined Alamy whilst using a D90 and at that time it only just met the file size requirement, so any amount of cropping of an image resulted in a failure - since changed. Currently using very battered D750 and D610.

I love Nikon gear. I had a D610 and the 24-70 f2,8 VRll. I was finding that combo a bit big and weighty as my walkabout kit so traded them in when Nikon bought out the Z6 ll. The 24-70 f4 is a cracking lens and as sharp as the f2,8 and I really don’t miss the two stops below f4.

Remember that if one shot failed, the whole batch will fail.  My equipment is very simple.  A Canon EOS M5 with one pancake lens that is nice for street photography.  The camera came with a zoom lens which I use most often.  Some of the shots from my first EOS camera and my old 7-D have been accepted.  Lightroom Classic for editing. 

Went from Nikon to Sony mostly for small and lighter gear. I now shoot just editorial for Alamy and these pocket-sized are: 

RX100-V

RX100-VI

RX100-VII

plus

Sony a6000 with 10-18 f4

RX10

The now-old RX10 reminds me of those film cameras I used in days gone by.  

2 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

reminds me of those film cameras I used in days gone by.  

They rather are, aren't they? I only used film for 28 years. Only a few more years to exceed that with digital.

Sony RX100 V and Sony a6500 with lenses from 12 to 300 mm

Used to use Canon gear ending up with a 5D II which I still have but rarely use at is too heavy.